martes, 27 de diciembre de 2022

Long time, no post! Time for a Christmas repost



Dear Readers,

How are you doing?

I hope you all had a wonderful time at Christmas.

More than a year has passed since my last post! This year I have 

been quite busy. Lifes keeps getting in the way and I find it hard

to find time for hobbies.

Since I started collecting, back in 2015,it has been a tradition in

my blog to post a new story at Christmas. I´m afraid this year

there´s no new story, not even new pictures as I haven´t taken any

photos since December 2021.

Even though in most countries Christmas time is already over,

in Spain the Christmas festive spirit lasts until the 6th of January

with the arrival of the Three Wise Men. 

I´m on holidays at the moment and I intended to set up a

christmassy or wintery scene to take  pictures but, after a year away

from the sylvanian world, my inspiration is not at its best.

In order not to break the tradition of posting at Christmas I had the

"brilliant" idea of reposting some pictures of past stories.

Hope you don´t mind having a look at them again.


The Cholate Rabbit Family was the first one to feature two

Christmas stories in 2015. (Christmas Eve at the ChocolatesIt´s

 Christmas Day!





In 2016, instead of writing a story, I took pictures of some of the 

villagers of Sweet Berry Valley getting ready for Christmas.

 (Christmas is coming to Sweet Berry Valley)






I think I didn´t post the picture of the train but I also took it in

2016.


The Mulberry Family had a lovely surprise at the beginning of 

December in 2017. (An early Christmas present)





In December 2018,Tanya and her little friend ,the elf Munchie, were 

happily settled in their new home in Sweet Berry Valley. 

(Tanya and Munchie are getting ready for Christmas)





It was also in 2018 when Tanya helped her brother Peter reunite with 

his girlfriend Peace. The Babblebrook family had a lovely Christmas 

dinner and Pete had the best Christmas present he could wished for.

(No peace and no joy for Peter Babblebrook at Christmas,  A joyful and peaceful Christmas

 Day for Peter)


The Dormouse Family had a very sweet Christmas in 2019.

(A very sweet Christmas at the Hazelnuts)



In 2020 we visited the Big Town at Christmas.



I wonder if Stella and William´s friendship will have developed

into something else.


Back home for Christmas!



Last year,in 2021,Peter and Peace showed us their home at Christmas 

and we also had the chance to visit the Christmas market.






Finally, this picture of Freya and Créme looking trough the window of

the Christmas shop near the market. I took it last year but I didn´t 

added to the story.


And that´s all for Christmas 2022, my friends! Hope you liked

this Christmas repost. Hopefully, I´ll be back with new pictures or 

stories in 2023.

Enjoy the rest of the Holiday Season!

Wishing you hapiness,good health,peace and love for the New Year!



A big hug!

Cutata













8 comentarios:

  1. Hi Cutata!

    What a wonderful idea, reminding us of all the lovely Christmas pictures to which you've treated us over the years! It's like one of those episodes of a situation comedy show where they are looking back at highlights! It's also a good way to tempt us to go back and revisit your earlier work - renewing our enjoyment!

    I've been postponing the set building and photography for my latest story. I must get it done before the end of the year. Other things get in the way sometimes - including wasting time on trivialities!

    I hope you continue to enjoy your Christmas traditions, and the new year brings you time and inspiration to treat us to more of your Sweet Berry Valley happenings!

    Take care!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Jackson!

    Thanks for your kind words!

    Reposting old pictures was the only way to keep up the tradition of publishing a Christmas blog post.

    I´m glad you enjoyed it. For me, it was also a first step to retake up the hobby of going back to the Sylvanian world that has been a source of joy and enjoyment in my life since 2015. I´m determined to keep up my blog updated more often in 2023.

    Reading Sylvanian related blogs was also one of my hobbies.I have to catch up with my favourite blogs and yours is one of them, of course. You really know how to bring to life to Mellowdene´s inhabitants.

    I wish you all the best for the New Year!

    A hug!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Cutata!

    I'm so glad you decided to make your traditional Christmas post in your blog! :D

    It's always wonderful to look back at your pictures, so full of tiny details and care. Your Chocolates had a wonderful Christmas time together, and it was so exciting when Stella came back to visit!

    Love the Christmas train, so adorable! So many babies!

    Tanya and Munchie, too! I'm sure they had a wonderful time this year as well. She marked the star of the story of our favourite couple, Peter and Peace! :) I adore their house and the Christmas market from last year's pictures.

    Who could forget about the dormice and their lovely wooden house? Loved those pictures.

    I can't believe your wonderful festive Town pictures were from two years ago already. Those turned out so wonderful!

    Love the very last picture of Freya and Crème at the window, too. Such a lovely Christmas shop!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my dear friend, and fingers crossing that this'll be the year we'll get back to "sylvaning"! :D

    Have a wonderful week! Big hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Ayrell,

    Thanks a million for your kind comment!

    I´m happy to know you enjoyed looking back at some of my old Christmas pictures.

    Some of them bring me back very good memories. I remember how much I enjoyed making miniatures, setting up the different scenes, writing the stories...

    The Dormice´s living room is on my favourite Christmas scenes. It was nowy and cold outside and warm and cozy inside with the stove warming up the house and the Christmas tree decorated with cookies and sweets. I find this family very cute . I took some pictures of their home ages ago. I have to post them this year without fail.

    I really hope this year we can go back to "sylvaning" again. It should be one of our new year´s resolutions.

    Wishing you all the best for 2023!

    A big hug, my friend!


    One of my favourite

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello dear Cutata! I was so happy to find a new post from you and I really enjoyed the flashback to all the previous Christmas posts! I also loved the unpublished ones like the Christmas train and shop window! I truly hope you find some time and make new ones this year! I always enjoy your inspiring work! Take care my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi my friend!
      Thanks for your kind words!
      I´d love to keep the tradition of posting at Christmas so I´m considering starting my Christmas post in summer to have it ready to publish in December, ha, ha!
      In summer I have more free time but I´m afraid hot weather, swimming pools and ice cream are not the best source of inspiration to set up festive and chistmassy scenes.
      I am determined to find time this year to get back to this hobby! I´ll keep my fingers crossed.
      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  6. Dear Cutata,
    It's so lovely to have you back again! I loved looking at the villagers featuring in their Christmas posts and stories, and I even felt a little bit nostalgic as a couldn't believe how much time has flown by since I read those stories! (Was it really that many years ago?!)
    I hope you find time for yourself and your Sylvanians this year; your blog really is incredible and I'm always blown away by what you produce.
    Hope you had a great New Year and enjoyed the Christmas festivities! (Lucky you, getting to celebrate until 6th of January!)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks a lot for you kind comment!
      Yes, time flies! I´ve been collecting and enjoying this hobby for eight years!. It´s the first time I keep a hobby for such a long time. I used to be obsessed with these little animals. At first they were very adicitive. I still like them but now I have other priorities and responsibilities in my life so I don´t have much free time to make miniatures and take pictures.
      I told you I had the feeling the Three Wise Men were going to leave some Sylvanians under the Christmas tree. They did! I expected to get a family but I was really spoiled! I got four sets! I felt like a little girl jumping of joy!
      I must take some pictures of my lovely gifts.
      A big hug!

      Eliminar