jueves, 23 de diciembre de 2021

Decorating for Christmas

 Dear Readers,

Hope you are all doing well!

Apologies for my  lack of posts lately. Life keeps getting in the way and I haven´t been able to update my blog for the last three months.

It´s Christmas time again! I´m back in order to continue with the tradition of posting a Christmas entry. I made some crafts and took some pictures to decorate one of the cottages in Sweet Berry Valley.

Hope you like them!



It´s Christmas time and the villagers of Sweet Berry Valley are decorating their homes for Christmas.

Can you guess who lives here?




Peter and Peace! Of course! My favourite couple in Sweet Berry Valley. 



Did you notice the wreath on the door?



Peace made it herself. On one of her walks in the woods she gathered some greenery,twigs,pine cones and berries to create a wreath festive enough for the holiday season but subtle enough to display all winter long.

Peace was proud of the final result. Crafting a natural homemade wreath was the best way to get into the festive mood. 



"What do you think Peter?" "Do you like it?"

"Of course, I do!" "Let´s hang it on the front door."



After adding a festive and welcoming touch to the exterior of their home,Peace suggested going to buy a Christmas tree.
"I´d love to have a proper Christmas tree, a big nice fresh  tree.Last year you promised we would get one next Christmas so the time has come..."

Peter is a man of his word so they went on the search of the perfect Christmas tree but it was too bulky and heavy to carry home.

"We can borrow a car or ask someone to give us a ride to the centre of the village.I´ll ask Frasier Chocolate. I´m sure he´ll be glad to help. Peter said.

"You´ll have your tree, sweetheart. I promise. What about going to the Christmas market to buy some stuff to decorate it?"
Peace smiled and kissed Peter on the cheek. 
"That´s a brilliant idea! You´ve just read my mind, love"
 


So, they headed to the main square where the Christmas market was located.


As they were approaching they could feel the festive and joyful atmosphere of the village at this time of the year. The Market had lovely decorated stalls crowded with all kind of Christmas decorations and gifts.


The sweet smell of Christmas was also in the air. The lovely smell of cinammon, gingerbread and cookies led Peter and Peace to Tanya and Munchie´s stall. Tanya, Peter´s sister, set up her own business at the Christmas market for the first time.
Her cookies and cakes became very popular among the villagers of Sweet Berry Valley. No wonder her sweet treats are so tasty! In case you didn´t know,both Tanya and Munchie worked at "Santa Claus´ Magical Christmas Bakery" before moving from Finland to Sylvania.


After enjoying some of Tanya´s homemade goodies,Peter and Peace continued strolling through the wooden stalls soaking up the  vibrant colours, enticing scents and the  Christmas carols.
The market was bustling with activity.A visit to the market was one the favourite activities for families during the holiday season.


Decorations,wreaths, toys, handmade ornaments,candles and even plants and small Christmas trees can be found at the market stalls.




A tree-shaped cork board caught Peace´s attention.
She thought it could be very handy to stick notes and Christmas cards.


She also bought a big wooden star and some baubles and trinkets.She trusted that Peter would keep his promise so hopefully she´ll put up her Christmas tree soon.


The next morning,Peace opened up the Christmas box. 


She already had a wooden star she had bought a couple of years ago.She got another one at the market to make a centerpiece for the living room table.


She had just finished her table ornament when the door opened.
It was Peter who said in a funny voice:"Peter Babblebrook´s delivery service brings your tree with love and care to your front door and free of charge! 
Peace ran towards her boyfriend and gave him a big hug. 
"Oh, Peter,thanks so much! You´re the best!


Peter dutifully put the tree in a corner of the living room and Peace hugged him again.
"It´s a lovely tree, isn´t it? Peter asked feeling proud of his choice and happy to see his girlfriends´delight.
"It´s just perfect! Shall we decorate it together?
Peace was as excited as a little girl ready to decorate a Christmas tree for the first time.It was a long time since she last set up a Christmas tree and also the first time she was going to decorate it with Peter since they lived together.


Dressing the tree in traditional festive red and gold is not what Peace had in mind. She wanted to add some of her personality into the branches.Instead of wrapping the tree in sparkling tinsel she put some weaved strips of colourful fabric.


Unconventional ornaments such as flowers, hearts, rainbows and even orange slices give the tree a quirky and cheerful touch. They match Peter and Peace´s style and personality.


All the ornaments are up so now it´s time to add a star on top of the tree for the final touch.


Ta-dah!The Christmas tree is all set up!


Talking about trees,do you remember the tree-shaped cork board Peace bought at the market? It´s just perfect to display the Christmas cards she received from her friends and family.


Peace has also sent cards to her friends and relatives. She enjoyed making her own cards. Rainbows and mandalas were the motifs she chose to send good wishes for the holiday season.





I also want to wish you a wonderful time at Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with your favourite things.

Peter and Peace wanted to send you Christmas greetings too so they gladly posed for this picture to wish you a peaceful and joyful Holiday Season.

A big hug!







16 comentarios:

  1. So wonderful to see a new post from you, such a treat! Peter's and Peace's house is so beautiful and the scenery you created is amazing! I also loved the wreath, all the leaves, berries and cones are so perfect in size and beautifully combined! The Christmas Market is so fantastic with all the tiny food and miniatures you made!Of course their Christmas tree is so unique and colourful! And the cards are so beautiful and detailed! I really enjoyed everything and I will certainly go back many times to see more details and get ideas! What a perfect Christmas story, you certainly made my day! Happy holidays my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Sylvanako!

    Thanks a million for your kind words.I really appreciate them.It makes me happy to know you like the story and the miniatures.

    I enjoyed making the wreath and decorating the tree but they won´t last long as I used real leaves to make them look more natural.

    As for the market, I´ve always wanted to set up a Christmas market with proper wooden stalls. I might do it at some stage. This is just an improvided market with stalls made of a carton box of eggs. I was about to throw the boxes when I thought I could turn them in simple stalls easily.

    Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas Day!
    Wishing you the best for the rest of the Holiday Season!
    A big hug!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. As usual your pictures are full of detail and personality, Cutata! Lovely to have a festive update on Peter and Peace. Hope they - and you - have/had a lovely Christmas!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit,
      After a hiatus, I felt like featuring Peter and Peace again. It´s the first time I decorate their home for Christmas and I really enjoyed it.
      Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas!

      Happy New Year!

      Eliminar
  4. Hi Cutata! You probably don't know me, but I'm from the forum. My username is PoshPear, but my real name is Yosemite. My sister (Ali) and I also run a blog. It’s called Calico Families:
    https://critterscalico00.wixsite.com/calico-families?utm_campaign=98048069-1834-4895-b2ae-05d243128ad7&utm_source=so&utm_medi

    I've been lurking around your blog for a while, reading a post from time to time! I love your pictures, they're gorgeous! I remember the Farmers Market Story, Valentines Day with Basil and his wife, the recent art one and many more. Each and every one of them are unique and beautiful! I am amazed by your blog❤

    Peter and Peace's house is so cheery and colorful, it looks great! I also like the originality of the tree! The mini cards are the perfect scale too!

    Happy holidays,
    Posh Pear

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Yosemite,
      Thank you for your kind words!
      It makes happy to know you like my blog. I´d definitely have a look at the blog you run with your sister.
      I used to be active in the forum but lately I don´t have much time to log in as often as I used to.

      Hope youand your family had a lovely Christmas!
      I wish you all the best for the New Year!

      Eliminar
  5. This is such a wonderful Christmas story! I love all the decorations, the market stalls and the homemade cards. The wreath and tree are fansatic! I'm sorry I'm a bit late commenting, but I didn't get a notification that you'd posted. It was only when I saw your post on Instagram, that I knew you must have put something on your blog. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and that you have a very Happy New Year!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Sue,
    Thanks a lot for your kind words!
    I´m glad you liked how Peter and Peace decorated their home.
    Lately I don´t have much time to devote to Sylvanians but I still love them. I hope to be able to keep posting from time to time during the new year.
    Blogger has changed and followers don´t get notifications by mail any more. That´s why you didn´t get it.
    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Cutata, you are so talented! I can't imagine how much time and effort it must have taken to put together and make all those tiny items and decorations for the Christmas market! It looks like a very festive place!
    Peter and Peace are such a sweet couple, I always enjoy reading about them and seeing their unique style.
    Wishing you and everyone in Sweet Berry Valley a very Happy New Year!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie,

      Thanks a lot for your kind comment!

      I love Christmas markets and the idea of setting up one for a Christmas story has always been in my mind. However, I didn´t have much time and the stalls are very simple. I made them out of a cardboard box and filled them up with some miniatures I had already made some time ago.The worst part was keeping them in the right place. They tended to keep falling and that got a bit on my nerves.

      I´m glad you´re happy to see Peter and Peace again. They always motivate me to go back to "the Sylvanian world" after being absent for a while.

      Hope you also have a wonderful New Year!

      Eliminar
  8. Dear Cutata,

    What a delightful surprise to hear from you and your Sylvanians again this December. Your pictures are, as always, wonderful, and your Christmas market is such perfectly festive and intricate eye-candy! Certainly plenty to admire in this story--all the detailed photos and the scenery they depict that beautifully contrasts the simplicity and wholesomeness of this day-in-the-life story featuring our favourite bunnies, Peter and Peace.

    Once again, amazing work! You can definitely tell how much care and effort you put into creating this post.

    Happy New Year,

    Emilie

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emilie,

      I really appreciate your lovely comment!

      It´s a kind of tradition for me to post a Christmas entry on my blog. Probably, because I have very good memories of the first time I wrote a Christmas story back in 2015. I remember I featured the Chocolate rabbit family. I had a small collection at that time and I really enjoyed taking picures to show how this family celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

      This year due to lack of time and motivation I thought I was going to break this tradition but somehow a walk in nature inspired me to make the Christmas wreath. I thought it was perfect for Peter and Peace and that´s the way I ended up with a story longer than I expected. After the wreath came the tree, the decorations...
      I was happy to see my motivation for this hobby was back. Hope I can keep up it during the new year to continue blogging more often.

      I wish you all the best for the New Year!

      Eliminar
  9. Dear Cutata,

    You already know how much I loved this entry and the pictures, as always. I'm happy that you decided to indulge in some "Sylvaning"! :D

    I love the couple's cottage with the hints of snow. The wreath Peace made for her front door is gorgeous and absolutely fits her and Peter's style. Lovely!

    The Christmas Market and the stalls were just beautiful, filled with trinkets and treats! I can almost smell the cinnamon and gingerbread and feel the Christmas spirit when looking at your pictures. Glad to see Tanya and Munchie making an appearance!
    I love how everyone's properly prepared for the cool weather, with coats and scarves and their little bags! You have thought of everything, and it's these details that make your pictures and scenes so alive and realistic.

    I loved the centerpiece Peace made, and of course their beautiful tree! I love how it's so eclectic and perfect for them. The tiny cards and mandalas are just adorable.

    I'm sure the couple had a wonderful Christmas together.
    Sending big hugs your way too, my dear friend, and thank you for making this post! Your stories always make my day. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi Ayrell,

    Thanks a million for your kind and detailed comment!

    It makes me happy to know you enjoyed this entry.

    "Sylvaning" is always fun but sharing this hobby with friends makes it even more enjoyable

    Peter and Peace had a lovely Christmas. They had time to relax at home and they also enjoyed travelling to visit some of their relatives.

    Yesterday they put away all the Christmas decorations except for the wreath. It will decorate their front door during winter time.

    Peace wasn´t very enthusiastic about storing the Christmas ornaments.
    The same happens to me. I love setting up the Christmas tree at the beginning of December but the felling is totally different when it comes to pack all the Christmas stuff until the next year. I´m afraid you´ll have to do the same soon.

    Have a lovely day! A big hug, my friend!




    ResponderEliminar
  11. It's always heartwarming to see this loving couple, and their Christmas preparations were wonderful to see. The amount of tiny accessories you've arranged in both their home and on their shopping trip bring such a degree of realism to your pictures it's amazing.

    Your picture stories and warm settings continue to be a joy, one that bears repeated visits.

    Thank you and Happy new year, Cutata!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hi Jackson!

    I always appreciate your kind words!

    I love tiny accessories, that´s part of the reason I like Sylvanian sets so much.

    I don´t have much time to make miniatures and to spend time in "the Sylvanian world" but I really enjoyed decorating Peter and Peace´s home during the Christmas break.

    This year I intend to post more often. I have pictures I took ages ago and even some old stories. Let´s see if real life gives me a break from time to time to be able to keep my blog more active.

    Have a great day!
    Take care!

    ResponderEliminar