miércoles, 4 de enero de 2023

Art shop miniatures

Dear Readers,

Hope you´re all doing well.

This year I have the intention to be back blogging regularly. I´ll keep my fingers crossed! We never knows what life will brings us... I hope it brings me more "me time" to do my favourite things. Spending time with my Sylvanians is one of them. I´d love to share pictures and stories with all of you again.

In today´s post I´m going to give you a closer look at some of the miniatures I made for the Caramel´s Art and Crafts Store and the story of the opening day.

As a picture is worth a thousand words,there won´t be much explanation about how I made these crafts. You´ll see they are quite simple and easy to make.

Let´s start with the chalkboard sign.
It´s actually a blackboard peg . I stuck a piece of rainbow scratch paper and did the writing with a toothpick. 



For one of the easels I used clothes pegs.




The brown easel is a souvenir my sister brought me from Paris.
I made another one taking this as a model using thin craft  sticks.







I made three palettes using cardboard, balsa wood and thin foamboard.



For the oil paints I used these kind of eye shadow applicators.







The first ones I made were quite simple and smaller. I used this type of toothpick and kitchen foil.I painted the top with a black marker.



I also made two kinds of paintbrushes.I used toothpicks for both of them. The ones I painted are quicker to make and you can use different colours for the top.






The container where these paintbrushes are was made with an eye solution pod. 




The pencils and coloured pencils were also made with toothpicks and markers.


For the oil pastels I used foam in different colours.




The small pots of paint were made with hama beads and a piece of white foam for the top. The box of Crayola kids´ paint is a printable I found on the internet. 

 





I followed a tutorial to make these acrylic paint bottles.


You can print the coloured stripes to make the bottles here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-In...




The watercolors box is also a free printable you can find here:

For the book covers I looked for pictures on the internet and printed them out.
You can download the Art school book cover in the activity page of the SSK website: Sylvanianstorekeepers.com



For the roll up pencil cases I used bias binding tape and thin lace ribbon.Once the binding tape is cut I put glue on all the borders.I also used glue to stick the lace ribbon that holds the colored pencils but after a few months the blue one is not glued on properly any more.Some stitches would be more effective but also more visible.
The ruler was made out of pink foam and the pair of scissors is a sticker.


I painted the pastel colored pencils with acrylic paint. I used markers to colour the other ones.








I hope you find the pictures and the links useful in case you want to make some of these miniatures at some stage. If you have any questions I´ll be glad to help you.

See you soon!

A big hug!
















9 comentarios:

  1. Wow, so wonderful ideas! I am sure everybody will find them very useful and inspiring! Loved the easels and the idea of making the paint tubes out of the shadow applicators! Thanks for sharing my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thanks a lot for your comment!
      All the miniatures are easy to make so I hope the links and the pictures are useful in case someone wants to make some art supplies for their critters.
      When I saw the shadow applicators I thought of paint tubes straight away! Hope the inspiration comes back to be able to look at things through "sylvanians eyes" .

      Eliminar
  2. Thanks for sharing this Cutata. You are so creative! I love art shops myself so the Caramel's Art and Craft Store would be a dream for me!
    The roll up pencil cases are a favourite of mine, although all of these items are inspiring. I wonder if the children in my school need some more stationary and art supplies...?
    Hope you're having a happy January!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks for your kind words!
      I love stationery shop in real life. Pencil cases, coloured pencils, notebooks...I never have enough. I´m sure children in your school would love to have more stationary and art supplies. I guess Arts and crafts is one of their favourite subjects.
      Have a wonderful day!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata!
    As always, I'm in awe of your talent and wonderful ideas. You sure look at the world through sylvanian eyes, as you mentioned! The shadow applicators were amazing, haha!
    I adore every single one of these miniatures, since I love stationery and stationery materials but my absolute favourite are the roll-up pencil cases. Those pastel pencils! I remember you sent me pictures of how you made them. I'll have to try and make one for Frances Robinson!
    Thank you for the inspiration, and fingers crossed we'll be able to get back to our Sylvanian hobby this year!
    Big hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thanks a lot for your kind comment!
      It was great when my inspiration made me look at the world through sylvanian eyes.
      I kind of lost that "gift".I´m out of practice. Maybe, I just need to get back to the hobby for a while.
      I remember I told you I was going to make a roll-up pencil case for Frances. I´m sorry I didn´t keep my word. You know how life changes our plans and keeps getting in the way.
      Hope this year inspirationa and time let us go back to our Sylvanians.
      I´ll keep my fingers crossed too!
      Have a great day!

      Eliminar
  4. Hi Cutata!

    What a catalogue of amazingly useful and artistic crafting! I must bookmark this blog entry so that I can find it quickly. Since I started in this Sylvanian journey It never ceases to astound me what talented miniature crafters there are out there, and your work is a prime example to inspire us.

    Even for those who won't attempt to emulate you, there is enough beauty to keep us happy! Haha!

    Take care.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Jackson!
    You´re so kind! Thanks a lot for your positive feedback.
    These miniatures are very simple and easy to make .Some of them are not my creation but stuff I printed from the internet. I hope the pictures and links can be useful in case you need some art supplies or stationary for one of your stories. You never know...
    Have a nice weekend, my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh Cutata! I am so so sorry, how did I miss your new posts! But the delight was enormous to find them all together!! So beautiful photos that they truly reflect the classic sylvanian life! The poses you give to the critters are so adorable! Love the hospital setting and the cute crowded pictures! I also loved the inside ones! I had a giggle with Amanda turning her head to the shot! And her big belly is so adorable, maybe they are expecting twins? Moving forward to the next post to see what happens at the Country Market!

    ResponderEliminar