lunes, 24 de agosto de 2020

Peter and Peace´s garden


 Dear Readers,

A few months ago, back in January, I gave you a tour of Peter and Peace´s cottage

At that time of the year, their  back garden looked rather bare, unwelcoming and banked with snow and leaves so I thought it was no worth taking any pictures of it.

However, in early spring colourful flowers bloomed and the lawn started to look lush and green again.

It´s summer now ,and even though Peter and Peace spend most of the time at the beach, they don´t neglect their garden and take their time to keep it in good shape.

Every morning, Peace waters the plants to make them grow happy and healthy.She also talks to them as she believes that talking to plants and being nice to them can help them grow faster.

"Good morning my dears, it´s time to  have a shower!"

Peter is particularly fond of a very unusual plant in Sylvania. Believe it or not it´s a carnivorous plant!

It was tiny when he planted in the garden but look how tall it is now!

Peace, who was never very keen on growing this kind of plants , doesn´t water it as often as the rest , just in case it keeps growing and gets too hungry! 

"Peter, don´t get that close! Mind your ears! You never know ...!

Peter says there´s nothing to worry about his plant. He must be right. Truth be told, it seems to be a bugs- friendly plant. Peter and Peace have never seen it catching any of its visitors and they look quite happy to sit on its leaves . It might not be so carnivorous after all.

Even though Peace loves colourful flowers , cacti are also some of her favourite plants ,that´s why she is delighted with  the design of her new garden table. 

The bright orange chairs are also new and so is the big pink cushion. 

It´s nice to lay down on the  fluffy grass and have something soft to rest your head on.


One of the things Peace likes about having a garden is that she can do her morning yoga routine outdoors.It´s lovely to breathe  clean and pure air!


Sometimes, not very often, though, Peter has accepted Peace´s suggestion of trying partner yoga. However, it didn´t work as well as she expected. The rumbling in Peter´s stomach made it hard for her to concentrate on her breathing.

"My goodness, Peter! There´s a lion in your stomach!"


Peace says the ideal time for yoga is early in the morning on an empty stomach  but Peter doesn´t agree at all. He much prefers having a good breakfast first. 
When the weather is nice,having breakfast outdoors is one of the little pleasures in life  that Peter and Peace enjoy.

"There´s nothing like a good breakfast in the comfort  of our garden"



As well as lovely flowers,  a dodgy looking plant and  some greenery, there is also a vegetable patch in Peter and Peace´s garden! In early spring, they got their hands in the dirt and planted a few seeds. Just carrots and tomatoes to start with. A few  months later, their first crop is ready to be harvested!


"Tomato soup and carrot cake for dinner today! Yummy!"


Look how proud they look of their first little harvest!

Not bad for a couple of first time planters. Don´t you think so?


Pleased with the result, they are considering enlarging their vegetable garden and growing more variety of veggies. A great way to save a few sylvas and trips to the farmers´ market.

Good idea guys! I think you have a green thumb! Go for it!


As they had planned,with their first little harvest they cooked  a tasty tomato soup and baked a delicious carrot cake. It was so nice that even the butterflies wanted to taste it!


"Peace, the butterfly landed on your head now. It seems to like your flower!"

"You  also have one resting on top of your ear, Peter!"


They had such a good laugh with the  butterflies fluttering about them!


They also got a bit romantic talking about how both of them had butterflies in the stomach the first time their eyes met.

"I knew straight away you were the one, Peace"
"I felt exactly the same about you" 



I let them alone for a while but shortly after, they asked me if I could take a picture of them sitting on the lawn. They wanted to send it to their good friends Apple and Juice from Purrchester.

Hi, Apple!
Hi, Juice!
Summer greetings from our garden !

They were in a great mood but that feeling didn´t last long, at least for Peter.

When they went back to the table, they couldn´t believe their eyes!

"You greedy plant!  How you dare! Don´t eat the last piece of our cake!" Peter stood up on a chair and yelled it at the top of his lungs.



Peace found the whole scene so funny that she couldn´t help but giggling, not in front of Peter of course! He was mad at his favourite plant´s behaviour and she didn´t want to make things worse laughing in front  of him.

However, Peace was relieved to know the plant wasn´t as carnivorous as it looked. 


"Don´t bother, Peter! Just leave it alone! You won´t get the cake back!"


"Don´t  you worry, next time, we´ll bake one for us and another one for your plant. It has a sweet tooth , for sure!  

This time the two of them bursted out laughing.


That´s all for today. Hope you have enjoyed spending some time with Peter and Peace in their garden. 



I don´t have a garden and I wish I did .I live in a block of flats so there´s no chance for proper gardening. At least I have a balcony where I can have potted flowers and plants . I love gardens so hopefully I will have my own at some stage. My children will love it too!  Meanwhile, I´m happy with setting up gardens for my sylvanians to enjoy spending time outdoors.

To be honest with you, I never thought of making a garden for  Peter and Peace  until my good friend  Berna ,who has an amazing village " Alcalá de Sylvanian", sent me a wonderful package that included among other things, the greenery , climbing plants and the flowers that you have seen in these pictures. She also sent me the  chairs, the cushion and the lovely cacti coaster that I turned into a table adding  a bottle-top.

Peter , Peace and I are very grateful! Berna,thank you for being so kind and generous and for inspiring me to create this garden and write this post.
By the way, the canivourous looking plant was also in the package! LOL!


See you soon, my friends! Take care!

Hugs!



8 comentarios:

  1. Hello my friend! Another post that I really enjoyed! You are always so creative and ingenious with your stories! It's a beautiful and detailed little garden, I wish I had one too! I love all the different plants and also the furniture and decoration especially this pretty cushion! Also the vegetable patch is wonderful! I had a laugh with the hungry plant, hope it didn't get any indigetion symptoms,haha!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thanks very much for you kind comment!
      This story was improvised. At first, I just intended to take some pictures of the garden but as I was taking photos I was coming up with different ideas.That happens to me very often but it´s fun when creativity flows.
      The vegetable patch is something I had in mind for a long time. I like the sylvanian set but it doesn´t look very realistic. I made a bit of a mess with the tea leaves as I dropped a tea canister by accident!
      The hungry plant seems to be fine, no indigestion problems by now! It just a grew a couple of centimetres more.

      Have a lovely day!

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Cutata!

    Your photographs are, as usual, a delight filled with colour and detail. Peter and Peace have a wonderful garden and you've dressed it so that it's full of interesting things to see. It's a sweet story and your delivery of the tale is warm and inclusive. I do like these characters and the relationship they have with one another and their surroundings.

    Always a treat.

    Keep safe and happy.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      It makes me happy to know you like Peter and Peace´s garden.I also enjoyed setting it up. I think warm colours such as orange and yellow suit their personality and lifestyle. They also make me think of sunshine so summer was the best time of the year to take pictures of their garden.
      Peter and Peace don´t always agree on everything,as you have just seen, but they get on really well and they have a great relationship. I love this couple of bunnies! I´m glad you like them too.

      Have a wonderful day!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata, it's nice to see Peter and Peace enjoying their garden. You have done a great job of it - so pretty, and it suits them perfectly.
    It's funny about gardens. We actually have quite a decent sized back yard at our house, with a rosemary hedge, lime trees, an olive tree, chilli plants and some other herbs growing - but actually none of us like gardening at all! It is lovely having fresh herbs and fruits on hand, but I must admit the garden is often rather neglected. Our lawn has a shameful number of weeds... Peter and Peace's garden looks much better taken care of. The "carnivorous" plant's preferred diet made me laugh!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thanks very much for your comment!
      Your back yard sounds great to me! Probably I idealized the idea of having a garden because I don´t realize the amount of work and time it would be needed to keep it in good shape. I´m usually quite busy so it would be hard to find time to take care of it. Peter and Peace´s garden is much easier to take care of,haha!
      I would like my children to have place to run and play outside, to have a barbacue... We´ve always wanted a garden and it was something we really missed the months we were in lockdown.

      As for the carnivorous plant, it turned out to be no that carnivorous. It must be a kind of rare plant.

      Have a great day!

      Eliminar
    2. Maybe it's cakeivorous. :)

      (Come to think of it, maybe I am too...)

      Eliminar
  4. This is lovely, Cutata! You have made Peter and Peace's garden look so inviting and realistic! It complements their house and style so well!
    Haha, Peter's plant has quite the cheek to steal the last piece of cake! It must indeed have a sweet tooth! By the way, the cake is adorable! They seem to be quite the bakers too!
    I especially love their vegetable garden! It really does look so realistic! I hope they will enlarge it, as their first crop seems to have grown very well!
    I also wanted to just congratulate you on your previous post and becoming an ambassador for Sylvanian Families Spain- I have just read about it and I am very happy for you! That is such a wonderful and much deserved achievement!
    Have a great day!

    ResponderEliminar