sábado, 25 de enero de 2020

Peter and Peace´s cottage

Dear Readers,
"Interior design" was the prompt for the second creative challenge of the year in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community.
I had several projects that fit into this challenge but I chose to finish decorating Peter and Peace´s cottage first. 
You´ll see that the decoration of their home differs from some of the houses I have previously decorated.I wanted their cottage to match this young couple´s bright and cheerful personality .This bohemian style really suits their artistic and creative vein and their free spirit.

Even if I hadn´t told you who the owners of this cottage were, you would have guessed straight away. Their front door speaks for itself!



Here they are happy to welcome you into their home!
Hope you enjoy the tour!




As you walk in the door, you find the kitchen. They kept the sink and the woodcook stove that were in the cottage when Peter lived there on his own.



The wood stove is perfect for cooking and for keeping their home warm on the cold winter days.



Their living room is very bright and colourful.
Its bohemian style gives it a homey and fun feeling.



Peace made the cushions and hand painted the flower vase. She is very good at crafts! The table is also handmade. Peter and Peace found an old table at a flea market and customized it into this unique piece of furniture.



Peace also got an old wooden container to store some of her crafts. She made a lid for it and put a cactus on top. 
She also keeps some of her stuff in the big whicker basket. Those are the mandala coloring books and the recorder that Peter gave her at Christmas.



Coloring mandalas is something that Peace finds very relaxing, especially when Peter is playing a melodic tune with his guitar at the same time.



Both are very creative and they turned this table upside down to give it a different look and make the most of the space. 





You can see that Peter and Peace have lots of plants. They believe the houseplants really bring some nature´s benefits as well as a natural touch to their home.



Peace has green fingers and takes good care of them.She waters them regularly and even talks to them.

"How are you, Mrs.Prickles. Fancy a sip of water today?" She asked one of her cactuses.




They like plants so much that even their favourite tea set has a leaf design.




Their bedroom is upstairs and just like in their living room, you´ll find bright and colourful rugs, trendy and stylish cushions and pillows,a unique furniture piece, lots of candles and more plants.



Putting a mattress on the floor instead of a proper bed gives their room a more casual and informal look. A king sized bed was out of their budget so they opted for buying just a big and comfortable mattress.






Here you have some closer pictures of the rest of the bedroom.
On the bench you can see a picture of Peace with her good friend Apple from Purrchester, the tray with scented candles she got as a Christmas gift from Peter´s brother and his wife ,and a bright yellow vase with a fresh daisy which is Peace´s favourite flower.



This piece of furniture was restored and customized by Peace. 



There, she keeps some of her crafting material, such as yarn shands, fabrics and beads.



Peace makes and designs her own clothes, bags and casual jewelry. Her creations are inspired by nature, music and a simple joy of life.



She shares her love for music with Peter.
Both enjoy composing their own songs.



Travelling is another hobby they both enjoy.They keep their suitcases in their bedroom to have them handy.



Exploring Sylvania and other parts of the world is one of their favourite activities.
Peter is already planning the next trip.





Even though they enjoy travelling and visiting different places, they also love being in the comfort of their own home.




Here you have a full view of the house.





Of all the houses I´ve decorated so far, this is the one I made more crafts for and the one I had more fun with.

Here you have more pictures of some of the crafts I made:


The wide colourful bracelet is a handmade gift I got from one of my second grade pupils a few years ago.






Pillows and cushions. 



Two box of matches for the chest of drawers.


Candles

Stools



Plants and pots. The cactuses are made out of fimo. The brown pot is the top of a strawberry drinking yoghurt I painted brown.



I found this spiky "thing" on one of the candle trays I have. I painted it green to  turn it into a cactus.




More plants



The wodden storage container is the top part of the bottle of a wood stick diffuser. I made the lid to cover it.


For the Himalayan salt lamp, I painted a stone and stuck it on a small round piece of wood.



I made the mattress out of cardboard some time ago. It wasn´t in a very good state as my children had used it to play with.



The mandala book covers and the posters on the walls are images I printed from the web.



For the flower vases I used a big wooden bead and a small crayon for the yellow one.I put the base of three of these crayon on the kitchen shelf.


The peace sign on the door is made of cardboard and covered with these green stuff.




The suitcases and bags are also handmade but I made them some time ago. The orange shopping bag was a gift from Florence Holiday, a fellow collector from the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community Forum


She also made the  bright yellow basket I put at the front door next to the doormat.



The candle and the set of cream containers were handmade by Nina .Peace got them as a Christmas gift from Tanya and Muchie. 





I hope you liked Peter and Peace´s house tour as much as I enjoyed decorating it.



See you soon!




16 comentarios:

  1. Awesome!!! I can't stop looking at your photos! So many amazing and unique ideas in one post! It is the most happy and colorful sylvanian house I have ever seen! Loved the wallpaper in the kitchen and all the cushions, pillows and especially those rugs, how did you make them? You also gave me so many clever ideas on making candles, plants and the cactus is wonderful! I envy their way of living, you made the perfect environment for them to enjoy this lifestyle! Brilliant!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Sylvanako!

    Thank you so much for your kind comment!
    It is indeed a very colourful house! I enjoyed decorating it because I had the chance to do something totally different. I wanted to create a home that reflected Peter and Peace´s personality and lifestyle.I think their home says a lot about them.

    You asked me how I made the rugs but there´s no much to explain because I bought them long time ago. They weren´t actually rugs, I believe they were mouse pads as they have a thin layer of foam. I kept the foam in two of them and I removed it in others to use the fabric to make cushions and the small rug in the kitchen. I thought the fabric was too bright and colourful for my idea of the typical sylvanian house but I´m happy to have found a place where they fit perfectly.

    As for the rest of the stuff you know that everyday objects can be very useful for our critters when we look at them with "Sylvanian´s eyes" ;)

    Have a lovely day!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh dear Cutata, what a color explosion! I enjoyed visiting Peter and Peace so much! Ut´s a perfect house for them! I love exploring all the details, the salt cristal make me laugh, it´s such a funny idea and so typical for a couple like P&P.
    Also the Mandalas and the pillows and the tiles. I can even smell incense sticks... ;-D
    It´s so much fun!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thank you for your kind comment!It makes me happy to know you enjoyed visiting Peter and Peace´s home
      Haha,what a good idea! Incense sticks! It really suits their home. I´ll try to figure out how to make a mini version of them.
      Have a lovely weekend!

      Eliminar
  4. Wow! This is my favorite house remodel of have seen so far. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kristyn!
      I really appreciate your kind words. Thanks a lot!

      Eliminar
  5. Hi Cutata!

    I absolutely adore Peter and Peace's cottage! It's perfect for them, and it's abundantly clear from looking at the pictures that you enjoyed decorating it. Such a labor of love! I'm sure it makes you smile every time you pass in front of it, it's so wonderful! :D

    I absolutely adore the kitchen tiles, so colourful! Love the mandalas on the door and in Peace's book, hehe! So cute seeing the both of them relaxing together. :)

    The living room looks so realistic and lived in! Full of colour, too! I love the blinds, all the plants, and the upside down piece of furniture, haha! Great idea!
    I have two cacti in my home and one of them has some very ugly looking orange stains. I'm afraid it's sick, I wish Peace could come and nurse it back to health for me! She's great with plants! Love the tea set, too. :)

    It was such a great idea to give them just a mattress instead of a normal bed. Lots more space to decorate, and you did it beautifully! I love that they have so many personal items. You always add lots of these adorable details (pictures of their family and their friends, etc) that make everything look so much more realistic. :) I also love that Peace has so many places to store her crafting supplies, haha! That's really important! :D

    I always enjoy when you explain how you made the different crafts. You're so talented and imaginative! I wish I could come up with all these excellent ideas. Brilliant!

    Thank you for another wonderful post. Have a great week! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell,

      Thanks a lot for your kind words!

      I really enjoyed decorating Peter and Peace´s home. Its bohemian style inspired me to make different crafts and some new miniatures. I also enjoyed being able to mix so many colours.
      The final result is very different from the typical idea I have of a Sylvanian home. I wanted it to look cosy but in a different way. Frills, lace and floral patterns didn´t suit Peter and Peace´s style.
      You´re right, looking at their cottage makes me smile. It really cheers me up and gives me good vibes!

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  6. Dear Cutata,


    Peter and Peace´s cottage is amazing. I agree with Sylvanako who commented that it is the most happy and colourful Sylvanian house they have ever seen.

    I have now read your post and looked at these photos the second time and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first. This post is such an inspiration. I have never been into the bohemian style, but the way you combine the items in P&P's home is truly stunning and all my Sylvanians are jealous as can be! :D

    First of all, I noticed Peter and Peace's clothing and how you made them these very bohemian outfits that remind me of people I went to school with! :D

    When "entering" the house for the first time I was immediately struck by the beautiful and colourful tiles on the wall, stove and doors of the cupboard. They give the kitchen such a happy vibe (combined with the orange radio) and also rustic, and I can imagine that Peace adores the tiles, since you tell us that she is into colouring mandalas.

    I am very happy to see my little candle in this blogpost that I gave you for christmas. :) Originally, I gave it to you thinking of Camilla Hunter-Smyth, since her favourite colours are autumn colours and the green-and-orange reminded me of her dress, but obviously it fits P&P's home just as well, or maybe even better. :)

    P&P's living room table looks adorable with the candles and vase on it and let me just say I fell in love with your miniature salt lamp. It is so perfect, I did not even realize it wasn't made of real Himalayan salt until you explained that you made it by painting a little stone with orange marker!

    There are so many elements to the decoration of the living room that I love, that I cannot comment on each one, because I would go on and on. I will simply say that I think you did an outstanding job and the Riversiders would invite you to be their interior designer any time!!!

    Now I would like to comment on the bedroom. Wow! I love it, because it is equally colourful and cheerful as the living room, but nevertheless it does not feel too "loud", if you know what I mean. I think it can be very difficult to decorate a bedroom in a colourful manner, without going over the top and P&P's room still looks like a place where I would enjoy to spend my nights and relax.
    So happy to see my matching cream containers there. The group of candles on the platter really fit well into the room and I adore the large purple and pink rug. It's probably the plants that give this room some of its relaxing atmosphere. I think it's great that P&P have different plants and flowers all around the house. This is something that is also important to me in real life.

    The little chest of drawers you made out of the the match boxes is fantastic. Easy to make, yet very beautiful and practical. The miniature cacti are adorable. I especially like how you used the spiky "thing" to make one. I also try to keep an open eye for things that can be used to convert into minis.

    Lastly, Florence Holiday did a great job on the orange shopping bag and bright yellow basket.

    I thoroughly enjoyed this post and agree with Kristyn who said it is their favorite house remodel. But then I think that of most of your Sylvanian houses... :D

    Have a great day and rest of the week and have fun with this little treasure that you have created.



    Hugs, Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina!

      Thanks a million for your kind words! I really aprreciate you took the time to write such a thorough and detailed comment! You made my day :)

      I feel overwhelmed by all your nice compliments! It makes me really happy to know you enjoyed Peter and Peace´s house tour.

      As you have seen, your lovely candle and cream containers really suit this home and Peace was delighted when Tanya and Munchie gave them to her at Christmas (so I was when I received your wonderful package!).
      It is true that they would have been perfect for Camila Hunter-Smyth as their colours really match her dress. I´m sure she doesn´t mind , she got your cute pumpkins instead;)

      Thanks again, my friend! Peter and Peace send you a hug and good vibes!

      Have a wonderful weekend!



      Eliminar
  7. Hi Cutata!
    Wow, Peter and Peace's home is beautiful; so full of love and colour! Once again, the amount of work you put in to tiny details is amazing and really makes the house look 'lived in'! I just love the wooden blinds in the living room and the pompom decorations hanging from the ceiling!
    Where are Peter and Peace planning to explore next on their travels? It's always lovely to hear about their adventures!
    Thanks for showing us around this lovely home! Great job! Have a nice weekend!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Kelsie!

    Thanks a lot for your kind words! I´m glad you like the colourful home I created for Peter and Peace.

    It´s the first time I use wooden blinds instead of curtains. Lace and frills curtains didn´t suit their living room so I cut a piece of a bamboo placemat to make the blinds. Everyday items can make great minis for Sylvanians.

    I don´t really know where Peter and Peace are planning to travel next. I think they should save money if they want to buy a van for their trips instead of travelling by bus or hitch -hiking.
    I´m happy to know you enjoy Peter and Peace´s adventures. I never thought they were going to be such a popular couple in Sweet Berry Valley.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi Cutata!

    I've enjoyed how you've developed the personalities of Peter and Peace, and followed their travels outside Sweet Berry Valley. And now you've shown us their delightful home, and it is so fitting!

    I am astounded at the detail you have put into this house: colours, and the sheer amount and range of items that reflect the bohemian/hippie personas of those lovely rabbits.

    I enjoy seeing your inventive craftwork so thank you for sharing this post.

    I hope you're having a lovely week.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi Jackson,
    Thank you very much! I always appreciate your kind words!
    I never thought I would end up giving this couple a proper home but they have become two of my favourite critters so I felt like decorating a house to suit their lifestyle and personalities. I´m happy I did because I really enjoyed it.
    I´m glad to know you enjoyed this post and Peter and Peace´s adventures.

    Have a wonderful weekend!










    ResponderEliminar
  11. Well done on Peter and Peace's home, Cutata! This is amazing - so much detail, and it suits their personalities so beautifully! Caitlyn and I were just saying that even if we didn't know whose blog these pictures were on, we would have guessed it was Peter and Peace's house. :o)

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Wow, I loved their house and your clever ideas how to make all the decorations. The matchbox cupboard reminds me of The Borrowers by Mary Norton, one of my favorite childhood books which totally made me love tiny houses and their dwellers.

    ResponderEliminar