jueves, 26 de diciembre de 2019

A very sweet Christmas at the Hazelnuts´

Dear Readers,

Two years ago ,I received the Hazelnut Dormouse family as a Christmas gift.
Even though I haven´t introduced it to you yet, this family has become one of my favourites since then.




Two years later, they are fully settled in Sweet Berry Valley and ready to celebrate the festive season in the comfort of their own home.
I´ve been quite busy lately so I didn´t have time to post this entry earlier in December.As I´m on holidays at the moment, I had time to make some christmassy ornaments to decorate the Hazelnuts´ home and to take some pictures of this adorable family at Christmas.


Making a wreath for the front door is one of the first Christmas activities that gets the Hazelnut family involved.




Going to the forest to pick up foliage and berries to decorate their home really gets the Christmas spirit flowing.




Mona likes to decorate her home with natural elements and scented candles which fill her living room with a wonderful forest and christmassy smell.She has to warn little Ned not to touch to candles when they are lit.



Baking is another activity that brings the Hazelnuts closer together.The children enjoy baking christmas cookies but the part that they like most is eating them.



Mona knows her children have a sweet tooth and she wants to spoil them with a special dessert for Christmas dinner. She is very proud of the Yule log she made this year.



The favourite Christmas activity at the Hazelnuts´ is the decoration of the Christmas tree.
The children were reading the Christmas cards they had received from friends and relatives when their dad knocked on the window and said from the other side :"Kids,the Christmas tree is here".




It was a cold snowy December evening but it was nice and warm inside.



The Hazelnuts not only enjoy eating sweets and cookies,but they also like to use them as Christmas tree ornaments.Well, as you can see little Ned prefers to eat candy canes instead of hanging them on the tree.




Without any doubt the Hazelnuts are going to have a very sweet Christmas!








"Ned,you´re going to have a tummy ache if you keep eating so many sweets,love".




A family photo is also a Christmas tradition at the Hazelnuts´.


Just one more picture of little Ned wearing the outfit his mum made for him to wear on Christmas Day.

He is such a sweet cute little boy! Don´t you think so?



Hope you have enjoyed today´s post.
I intend to give you a proper house tour at some stage but I wanted you to see the Hazelnuts´living room before they put their Christmas decorations away.I think it looks very festive and cosy at this time of the year.



Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and my best wishes for the New Year to all my Readers!



12 comentarios:

  1. Happy Holidays, Cutata! :D

    Thank you for another wonderful post full of gorgeous pictures. What a perfectly festive living room! It looks so cozy! I love every single little detail, it looks so lived in! All the little crafts you made look absolutely perfect. Love the rug, the mantelpiece, the cushions, the curtains, everything! The decoration on the Christmas tree is absolutely beautiful!
    The Dormice are a very cute family! Little Ned is truly adorable, eating all the sweets, haha! The Yule log and cookies look delicious! :)

    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrel,
      Thank you for your kind words!
      I´m happy to read you like this post and all the crafts I made to decorate the Hazelnuts´ living room. I really felt like writing a Christmas post as I had done for the past four years. I´m glad I found time and inspiration to be able to do it.
      I love this family and I promise I´ll show more pictures in future posts.

      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  2. Your dormice have such a beautiful living room, and it does look so festive! They really are an extremely cute family. Lovely photos, too - I love the detail of snow falling onto the floor as the tree enters the house.

    Merry Christmas to you and all your Sylvanians, Cutata!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Happy New Year! Sorry for my late reply! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
      I´m glad you noticed the detail of the snow falling on the floor. This family is very cute indeed. It is one of my favourites!

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  3. What a cosy little home your doormice have! I love to discover all the tiny details hidden in your photos. The exactness and perfection of each little item combined with a warm-hearted background story is beyond compare.

    Happy New Year to you and your Sylvanian friends, dear Cutata!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Florence!
      Happy New Year!
      Thank you very much for your comment and sorry for taking so long to leave a reply.
      I´m happy to read you enjoyed the tiny details of my pictures. That´s what I love about miniatures and Sylvanians. I´ll show you more pictures of this family and their home in future posts. They have already put their christmas decorations away but their living room stills look cosy.

      Enjoy the weekend!

      Eliminar
  4. What a lot of work you've done to create such lovely home for the Hazelnuts. The colours and details - food, cards, tree and overall festive décor - are again a visual feast.

    I'm particularly fond of the Hazelnut family too, so I'm pleased that they are the ones who've been given this splendid home!

    Have a glorious new year, Cutata!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Happy New Year! Sorry for taking so long to reply to your kind words.
      This house is a Forest Family house. It´s very small but cute at the same time. I usually redecorate the same house for different families as I don´t have enough place to have a house for each family but this time I won´t redecorate it. The Hazelnut family will own this house. I really enjoyed decorating it and I intend to show more pictures of the rest of the rooms.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  5. Aw, this is so cute. I love how cozy and bright the living room looks. The Hazelnuts are both lucky to be featured in a post and lucky to have such a festive house! Mona does a good job decorating. Little Ned reminds me of my two year old sister... she likes eating candy-canes more than hanging them on the tree! This post was definitely a treat. From the very first picture to the last, from every little detail you made, it truly looks like you put tons of effort in. Amazing work!

    Hugs and warm holiday wishes, Emilie

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emilie!
      Happy New Year! Sorry for taking so long to reply to your lovely comment.
      I´m happy I eventually found time to take some pictures for a Christmas story. I had been so busy for the past few months that I thought i was not going to be able to post a Christmas entry. The Hazelnut family inspired me to decorate their living room for the Christmas season. They reeally deserved to be featured in one of my posts after being in their box for two years.Christmas was the perfect time!

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  6. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, CUTATA! :O)


    And a very warm WELCOME to the Hazelnut Dormouse family!

    The crockery in the Hazelnuts' cupboard looks very christmassy and together with their furniture and christmas decorations it gives their home a very cosy touch. I love it! :)

    Wow, Mona's Yule log looks very detailed. She seems to be another talented baker.
    The tiny cards the children are reading when their father brings the tree are very cute.

    I love the tiny stone corner you built inside the house for the stove. It's very realistic and cosy.

    I like how the Hazelnuts decorated their tree. And yes, little Ned is a cutie and the picture of him in his christmas suit is so beautiful.

    Who needs to leave the house and go out into the cold when you have a living room as comfortable and pretty and the Hazelnuts? :O)

    Have a great start to the New Year, Cutata. I wish you good health and lots of happy moments and success in 2020.


    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina!
      Happy New Year!
      Thanks a million for your kind words!
      I´m happy you liked how the Hazelnut family decorated their home at Christmas.They already put away their Christmas decorations away. The living room doesn´t look that festive any more but it still looks nice and homey.
      I wanted to create the atmosphere of a warm and cosy home to stay in when it´s cold outside.

      Have a good weekend!

      Eliminar