domingo, 12 de mayo de 2019

The Neptunes ´ Seaside Restaurant


Dear Readers,

"Ocean and seaside" is the theme for challenge#9 in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community.

One of my entries for last year´s challenges was seaside-related.I made a beach bar and swimsuits for some of my sylvanians to enjoy a lovely day at the seashore.
In case this is the first time you visit my blog and you´re curious to see how they spent a summer day at the beach you can click here .

When I read the prompt for this fortnight´s challenge, the idea of some villagers running a coastal restaurant was just right for me!
The reason is that I bought the Sylvanian "Seaside Restaurant" more than three years ago and, believe or not, I hadn´t set it up yet! I remembered I just opened it once to use some of the seafood items for the Chantillies´ fishmongers and two of the lounge chairs for Bluebell Cottage
The stickers were still in their bags so I couldn´t think of a better occasion to open a new restaurant for my sylvanians,in particular,for  The Neptunes, The Sea Otter family. 



When I got this family in 2015, I knew straight away I wanted them to run a seaside restaurant so a few months later this restaurant was part of my collection.




I hope I haven´t bored you too much with this extended introduction.That said, let the story begin.



Staring at the ocean has always had a calming effect on Narrisa.
The soft cool breeze and the sound of the rhytmic lapping of waves upon the shore, made her feel energised and relaxed.

Looking at this picture would probably make you think Narrisa is spending her holiday at the seaside but she is actually at her work place.




After months of hard work,planning and decision making, Narrisa Neptune is about to fulfill her dream of running her own restaurant. A seaside restaurant overlooking stunning views and just a ten-minute ride from the village.




The past few days have been particualrly busy for Narrisa as she has been putting the final touches before opening day.
She took care of even the smallest details in order to create the perfect atmosphere for her restaurant.


 Soft cushions for the wicker-lounge chairs 




A matching blue and white checked tablecloth.




Placemats made to order.




Lovely crockery with beautiful handpainted patterns.



Even the kitchen utensils matched the decor of the restaurant.



And what do you think of this fish-shaped wine bottle?
As you can see Narrisa payed close attention to detail.




She has thought of everything to make her customers feel relaxed while enjoying a nice meal.If restaurant decor and atmosphere are import for Narrisa, food is her first priority. 



For this reason ,she had put a lot of time and thought into the menu.



Seafood paella is her speciality. She learned how to cook it when she lived in Spain.



At last, after months of careful preparation, the big day has finally arrived.

Narrisa laid the tables with much care and put the reserved signs on both of them. As soon as the word got around that The Neptunes´were going to open a restaurant by the sea, some villagers were quick to make a reservation.





She was putting a menu on the front wall of the restaurant when Caspian, her husband, arrived from his fishing trip.




She was starting to get a bit impatient and worried so she felt quite relieved when she saw him safe and sound.



 "I had a good catch today!" Caspian said with pride while his wife was admiring the freshness of the produce.


The restaurant was all set to open its doors.
Narrisa and Caspian were wondering where their older daughter Shelly was. She should have been there already to help them serve the tables.




All of a sudden,Shelly appeared at the restaurat door. "Sorry, I´m a bit late" She said breathless.
"You´re just on time" We were about to open.



Shortly after, Robert and Teresa Seashore and Captain Horation and his wife Jane met at the restaurant door. They were the first ones to book a table. 



Everthing on the menu is so tempting that it´s hard to decide what to choose.



Finally,Teresa and Jane decided to share a paella and a prawn and avocado salad. Horatio and Robert ordered grilled lobster and oysters



and a bottle of chilled white wine that paired wonderfuly with seafood.


The Golightly Family had also made a reservation for opening day. 



"What would you recommend on the menu,Narrisa?"Fred asked.
"I´d go for today´s special: seafood paella and mussels in white wine and garlic.They´re really nice"
Tiffany asked her friend Shelly and she suggested the catch of the day: grilled sea bass served with grilled corn and onion.



"Mmm! These mussels are beyond delicious!" Don´t you think so Fred?" Holly asked her husband who totally agreed with her:
"The best I´ve ever had! Let´s dive into the paella.It looks absolutely tasty too"




Peter Babblebrook and his girlfriend Peace were spending the day at the beach. 
The amazing smell of seafood dishes led them to the Neptune´s restaurant.



"Hi, Caspian! Any tables available? Peter asked. 
"Sorry Peter but I´m afraid we´re full"
The Seadogs and the Seashores were already having dessert but Caspian didn´t want to rush his customers.
"It´s opening day and all the tables were booked in advance" Caspian explained.
"No problem! We´ll come any other day. We are planning to open the beach bar soon so we´ll be around. Say hello to Narrisa. She seems to be quite busy" 
"Thank you, Peter! We´re very busy, indeed! 
We´ll have to  consider hiring someone else , at least at the weekends."
"We´ll make a reservation next time."Peter and Peace wished Caspian good luck with his new business and they said goodbye.




They had just stepped away when Caspian and Narrisa called their names.
Peter and Peace turned their heads and they were delighted to hear there was a table for them.
"The restaurant is crammed, as you have just seen, but there is a balcony area with amazing views upstairs. We intend to turn it into a dining area if the business keeps going well".Narrisa explained.




Peter and Peace were taken to a table at the top part of the restaurant. While they were waiting to be served, they admired the stunning ocean views from the balcony. 



They enjoyed a lovely meal



and they even shared a mouth watering dessert.
I had a feeling this summer ,Peter and Peace will become regulars of the Neptune´s restaurant once they start running their beach bar again.



Fred and Holly complimented Narrisa and Caspian on how delicious everything was and promised to come back soon.
The tide was coming in and the children were standing on the pier.Little Gilly got all excited when she saw a small fish on the seashore.



When all the guests had left the restaurant, Caspian went to pick up Sandy, the youngest of the family, who was spending the day at a friend´s house.
Narrisa and Shelly cleared the tables and washed up.



When Caspian and Sandy arrived, the restaurant was clean and tidy.
Narrisa was happy to see her little daughter and she lifted her up when she ran into her arms.
Sandy told her mum she wanted to make a sandcastle.
"That´s a good idea, Sandy!" her older sister  said and she added "Why don´t  we all go  to the beach?. I can play with Sandy while you lay down and relax. It´s been a hard day".
"You´re such a sweetheart, Shelly" Narrisa said to her daughter."That would be lovely" 



So that´s what they did. Narrisa was looking forward to lying down and relaxing and Caspian really needed to have a nap.It had been a busy day and both of them were tired but very satisfied at the same time. Opening day ran smoothly and they received very positive feedback from their customers.What else could they ask for?



Shelly helped her little sister make a sandcastle but Sandy didn´t take long to knock it down. 



After Caspian and Narrisa had rested for a while they went for a quiet and relaxing walk along the seashore. 
Shelly kept making sandcastles for Sandy to knock down.
  


Some time later,they went back to their restaurant to have something to eat.
Afterwards, they went up to the balcony área to admire the spectacular view ot the sunset. It was a magical momento, the proff that a day can end beautifully. It was, without a doubt, the perfect ending to such a special day for the Neptune Family.





Hope you have enjoyed the opening of "The Seaside Restaurant". I really enjoyed the unboxing and setting up of this building.I wasn´t aware of all the details of this set and its accessories.Now,I like it even more than I thought.


Isn´t it lovely? What do you think?


Hugs! Thanks for reading!






19 comentarios:

  1. Hi Cutata!
    Lovely story and pictures, as always! I love the Neptunes, they are just so cute! I adore the backgrounds you used for this story, especially that gorgeous sunset at the end! The dishes they served at the restaurant looked positively delicious, love those tiny mussels and Narrissa's fish-shaped bottle! Everyone that owns this restaurant seems to love it and no wonder as it's so charming and comes with so many adorable accesories and furniture. :)

    I love that we got to see Peter and Peace again and the part at the end when the Neptunes were relaxing at the beach. Love the swimsuits! I know you made them with balloons, but did you use a pattern or have to sew?

    Thank you for yet another wonderful story! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thank you for your kind words!
      This restaurant is lovely, much more than I thought before setting it up.
      The sunset background is a calendar page upside down, it is actually a mountain landscape but the sky kind of looked like the sea at sunset time.
      This story was a good opportunity to show how Peace and Peter are still a happy couple. As the weather is so nice they will open their beach bar very soon.Peace had just bought a new summer dress , flip flops and a beach bag and she was looking forward to wearing her new outfit so she suggested Peter spending the day at the beach.

      As for the swimsuits, they are very easy to make. I followed a YouTube tutorial about how to make clothes for barbie dolls but I didn´t saved the link.There are lots of tutorials about it .The hardest part is to find the right size of balloons.You don´t need to sew, there´s not even a pattern.It only takes a couple of minutes to make a swimsuit.

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  2. So wonderful to see your new fantastic project! Hope you are doing well! You really made my day with your gorgeous story and photos!The restaurant is so lovely but due to lack of space I've been in a dilemma about getting it..but now I have to reconsider! Your pictures make it look very attractive! Great choice on the families too! And the photo of little Gilly looking at the fish is very cute! Thanks for another excellent work, so precious for all sylvanian fans!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thank you so much for your comment!
      You should reconsider getting this restaurant.It doesn´t take much place, it´s not a big building and it´s a lovely addition to a SF collection.I wasn´t a big fan of the seaside releases except for this restaurant.I´d love to have the lighthouse too but it´s quite big. It would be a nice home for the Neptunes.There are so many buildings and sets I would like to have and so little space at home...

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata.

    There's so much to love about your picture stories. Each time I revisit them I see something new. And being relatively new to setting up scenes myself I am gaining more and more respect for the skill you show in your pictures. All those accessories and figures - how many times must they get knocked out of position!

    I think I've mentioned the placement of your figures before - you really do know how to position your characters to fit your narrative. Peter and Peace: looking back before leaving, together on the balcony looking out to see, eating together. Wonderful. And the activity in the restaurant, the changing details; one little touch I loved was when the Golightlys arrived and were seated - the baby being held prior to the highchair being available. It's so natural.

    The backgrounds are excellent too - not just the seascapes but also the wall at the back of the restaurant. Again, the attention to detail is so impressive.

    I don't recall whether I have said before, but it was my enjoyment of your blog - together with Sylvanako's pictures - that inspired me to join the forum. Thank you.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks a million for your kind words!
      It makes me really happy to know you have noticed all those details you mentioned in your comment. I really appreciate your positive feedback.It means a lot to me.
      I´m delighted to hear my blog and Sylvanako´s pictures inspired you to join the forum.I´m gald you did! I also love your stories, always beatifully written, and the way you edit your pictures.Thanks again ,Jackson.

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Sorry have to write it again, because of clicking too fast...

    Another great story and Peace and Peter are here again! How lovely!
    And a day at the sea is always the best, what can happen to me, so I enjoyed the story very much! I totally agree, Cutata, the Seaside restaurant is a really wonderful building and the Sea Otters are the one and only family to run it!
    So happy to see, they have a possibilty to relax at the beach after so much work!
    Your stories are always full of tenderness, that´s what I love most of all!
    <3 <3 <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thank you so much for reading my story and for your lovely comment!
      Peace and Peter could not miss a seaside related story. Time flies! They got back together at Christmas and it´s nearly summer again!
      The seaside restaurant is perfect for the Sea Otter Family, since the first moment I saw this family I knew they were going to be the owners of this restaurant and they finally did. They´ve been waiting for four years! I don´t really know why I kept this set unboxed for so long.

      I didn´t know how to finish the story.I was stuck for ideas so I thought the best way to end a busy day at work was to have some time to relax.


      Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

      Eliminar
  6. I love this new restaurant and your gorgeous photos and the lovely story!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sophie!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      I´m happy to read you enjoyed this post.
      I love this restaurant.The Harvester Restaurant is still my favourite but right now I´m in love with this one too. They´re very different in style but both are lovely.I like the Mediterranean atmosphere of the Seaside Restaurant and the vintage feeling of the Harvester Restaurant.


      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  7. Hi Cutata! What a lovely story and photos! Congratulations to the Neptunes on the opening of their restaurant. It looks wonderful.
    Did all those patterned plates and placemats come with the Seaside Restaurant? I never really realised how cute and detailed it is. I may have to add it to my long wishlist!
    Also, it was lovely to see Peter and Peace again. They are such a sweet couple. And I love Peace's dress!
    The Neptune's are a very cute family, especially baby Sandy!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Kelsie!
    Thanks a lot for your comment!
    The plates and placemats come with the restaurant. The patters on the plates are actually stickers you have to paste on them. I didn´t know this restaurant was so detailed and I didn´t even know it came with so many cute accesories. It was a lovely surprise . I´m delighted to have it as part of my collection.
    I made Peace´s dress, her beach bag and the flip flops. I must admit I cheated on the dress as I didn´t sew. I used double sided tape to put all the parts together but it was ok for the pictures.I promise I will attempt to make a proper dress sewing all the parts when I have more time. I must try your coat tutorial too!

    I love the Neptunes since the very moment I saw them. I agree with you, baby Sandy is truly adorable!

    Have a nice week!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi Cutata
    Wow, yet another wonderful story from you - I do look forward to your blog posts! Your scenes are beautiful as usual, and as Jackson said, all those tiny details just add to the realism and make your pictures a delight.
    The restaurant is lovely - so many gorgeous little pieces! - and I am glad the Neptunes are happy there. They are a very cute family.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi GreyRabbit!
    Thanks a lot for your kind words! I really enjoyed setting up the scenes for this story. It´s high time the Neptunes could run their restaurant. They´re very happy, indeed!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Wow the back drops and details really draw you into the story. I would have happily sat up top to eat some yummy paella :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sarah!
      Thanks a lot! I´m happy to hear you like my story. As for the paella, no problem! I´ll tell the Neptunes to book a table for you!It´s on the house!

      Eliminar
  12. Ahh wow! That certainly looks like a 5 star restaurant!!
    I haven’t actually seen any close up detailed photos of this restaurant...Really nice to see it in more detail^^
    I love the thought of a relaxing visit to the beach and getting a delicious meal at the same time...People do that a lot where I live ^_^
    I’m relieved to see the Neptune’s putting their little feet up at the end of the day too- running the restaurant must be very draining!
    This story is like summer in a nutshell, and It came when I really needed some escapism...Sorry to comment so late, but I loved it!!
    Hugs! :))

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla!
      Thank you so much for your kind words and sorry for taking so long to reply to your comment.I´ve been quite busy for the past few weeks .I´m looking forward to having some time for myself!!
      I´m glad you enjoyed my story and it makes me happy to hear it also helped you to unwind. I need some escapism right now too! I wish I lived in Sylvania! Life seems to be so easy and perfect! Summer holidays are around the corner so I hope that helps.
      A big hug!

      Eliminar