viernes, 26 de agosto de 2016

The Mulberry Racoon Grandparents

Dear Readers,

As I promised in my last post, today I´m  going to show you the Mulberry Racoon grandparents. They come with the motorcycle and sidecar set.
Even before I got the Mulberrys I had always liked the motorcycle and sidecar.Once I bought the four family members, I had the perfect excuse to try to get the grandparents and their motorcycle. And I did! The items are in good condition but I just realized later that the motorcycle is missing the number plate that says "True luv" and that was a cute touch.

This picture is not mine. I took it from this site.


I was also missing two of the leaflets but I was lucky to find the scan of those stickers in the Sylvanian Families Forum.


I think the set included two maps but at least I got one.The stickers are not in the best condition in Mildred´s and George´s driving license but look how cute it looks.


The set also includes two helmets and a pair of googles. I think it should have included two pair of goggles. When they go for a ride they both should protect their eyes from the wind.


The boot on the motorbike and the front of the sidecar open and shut and can be used to store all the stuff Mildred and George need for their trips.


There´s enough place to store a picnic basket in the front of the sidecar

The map, the motorcycle manual,the countryside magazine and the driving licences can be stored  in the boot of the motorbike.



Now, they´re ready to enjoy riding around the country lanes of Sylvania.



If you want to know a little more about them here is the bio I wrote:
 

George and Mildred are a young at heart couple of grandparents. 

George, now retired from his job as the village mechanic, is still a passionate about motorcycles. He used to love repairing them but what he really likes is to ride them. Now, he and his wife, Mildred have the time to enjoy long drives to explore the lovely country of Sylvania .His old motorcycle and sidecar is still running like the first day. He takes well care of it.

He was driving his motorcycle the day he met Mildred. Mildred was hitchhiking to go from her village to Sweet Berry Valley. Some of her friends had moved to live there and she missed them. When George saw her, he stopped the motorcycle and invited her to sit in the sidecar.  Since then, once a week, George used to go to Mildred´s village to give her a lift to Sweet Berry Valley and then take her back home. Soon, they realized they were soul mates. Two free spirits made for each other and after many years of happy marriage they still feel the same way.

They have two children. Elma who followed in his father´s footsteps and became a professional mechanic and Edward who is a renowned toy maker in Sylvania.

Very soon yoll be able to follow them in one of their motorcycle excursions.

Enjoy the weekend!

Lots of love 

5 comentarios:

  1. Aww, they are so cute! I have always wanted this set but I waited too long and now they do not stock them in the local toy stores anymore.I might buy them online sometime though...
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment! That´s the problem with Sylvanian sets and families, if you wait too long they´re retired or hard to find.There are several sets I wanted to buy but I didn´t (I couldn´t spend so much)and now I can find them only second hand and much more expensive than they were when they were still in stock.
    I bought this set from ebay,I paid more than I had in mind before bidding and then the postage...Anyway, I´m happy to have the Mulberries including the grandparents. Now,I´d like to add their other son, Edward Mulberry, the toy maker. I bid a few times but the price always went too high.I´ll keep searching. I might be lucky some other time.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello! :)


    What a lovely bio. :)

    I've always liked the Mulberrys and their awesome motorcycle.

    How lucky they are to now have a home with you!


    Kind regards from Riverside,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Nina!! What a lovely surprise to have you back! I´m so happy to hear from you again! I really missed you! I hope everything is ok with you. Thank you very much for your comment! The Mulberry grandparents are a lovely couple.You´ll see them riding their motorbike in a short story in my next coming post.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. That's great, I'd like to see them enjoying their beautiful bike. :)

      Have a nice weekend! :)

      Eliminar