domingo, 4 de septiembre de 2016

The Mulberry grandparents´ day out

Mildred and George are getting ready to go on a day trip.




Before hitting the road they have another quick look at the map to make sure they´re choosing the best route to reach their destination.


There they go ready to enjoy the beauty of the countryside of Sylvania!


When they find a nice setting they get off their bike and stop for a while to enjoy a nice cup of tea. They always make a flask of tea to take with them.




Mildred also likes driving so they take turns. Slow down,Mildred.This road is a bit bumpy!
 


"What a beautiful place!" Mildred exclaimed."This looks like a perfect spot for a barbacue lunch" George added.



As soon as they got off the bike and the sidecar, Mildred and George ran to the river. Mildred wanted to get her feet into the water. "Look at the fish, George!" She said in surprise


George took a fallen tree branch and a little bit of rope he had in the boot of his motorbike to make an improvised fishing rod.


"I think we´re going to have fish for lunch" he said lifting a fish out of the water.


Meanwhile, Mildred went for a walk into the nearby forest.
Some green mushrooms caught her eye but she didn´t trust them.


 These look safe enough to eat!


Barbacue fish and mushrooms for lunch!Delicious!


After lunch they had a little nap and then they went to explore the area.


"You look so beautiful,Millie!" George said admiring his wife.



They were lucky to have found such a nice place to spend the day.



They liked it there so much that they decided to stay overnight. They always pack up their little tent in the boot just in case.


No sleeping bags! The picnic blanket will keep them warm.


Once the tent was set up Mildred suggested to go for a spin before it was too dark.


 Let´s go!



On their way back to where they put up their camping tent, they stopped to enjoy the lovely sunset and another cup of their flask of tea.

"What a nice day we´re having! don´t you think so,George?" Mildred asked after having a sip of tea. George nodded and said looking into his wife´s eyes "Life can´t get any better Millie and I´m lucky to have you by my side".
"Aww...George! You know I´ll go with you to the end of the world!" Mildred said feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.


                                                       *****************************

Aren´t they a lovely couple? So young at heart, adventurous and free spirited!
I like the fact they have a youthful spirit in spite their age. Have you noticed that  instead of wearing glasses as the rest of the sylvanian grandparents they wear googles to ride their motorbike

Hope you had enjoyed Midred´s and George´s day out.

Enjoy life, live the present, be happy!

Lots of love 

10 comentarios:

  1. Fantastic Story, cutata! I LOVE how you've done your backgrounds... they have come out great and looks like they're really there! Your little bridge is the cutest... did you make it? The river scene is very effective too. Great story.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment! The backgrounds are taken from a calendar from Switzerland. Lovely country!I didn´t make the bridge but it looks like it´s handmade. It´s made of real wood.

      Eliminar
  2. Thank you for a lovely story! Awesome photos and wonderful backdrops! I loved the river scenes too! Great job!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, sylvanako! As I don´t know how to use photoshop I have to look for backdrops for my pictures but I´ve already used all the ones I had. I also like the river scenes but I messed up the last one (the one with the bridge).I should have put more stones to cover the border of the "book about water" I used for the river. I saw it a few days later when I downloaded the photos. I didn´t have the time neither the energy to set up the whole scene again so I left it that way but I´m not happy with it.

      Eliminar
  3. What a cute and adorable holiday break they had. I am glad that Mildred did not eat those green mushrooms, who knows, they might have turned her into a frog! Good job on the backgroungd and scenery, they look lovely. Did you make the bridge?
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment Emily! Yes, you´re right, those green mushrooms were poisonous!! LOL! very funny what you said about turning her into a frog if she had eaten them! As I said in my first comment the background is from a calendar and the bridge looks handmade but I didn´t make it. When I saw it I thought straight away about my sylvanians and I bought it.

      Eliminar
  4. An excellent story, captivating scenery & a great use of the barbecue fishing set!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you Chill! I bought the barbacue set shortly before I got the Mulberry grnadparents and I thought it was a good way to introduce it for the first time in one of my stories. I´m glad you like it!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. These two are so eccentric! Wonderful pictures again!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Thank you for your comment ,Eaton! They are eccentric! You´re right but they´re such a nice couple!

    ResponderEliminar