miércoles, 17 de agosto de 2016

The Mulberry Racoon Family

Dear Readers,

Recently, I´ve bought some second hand families that are now retired.One of these families is the one I´m going to introduce you today: The Mulberry Racoon Family. 





I´ve been doing some research and I think I have the Tomy version. At first, I thought Ike, the brother, was not in his original trousers but it seems in the Tomy version he´s wearing these trousers instead of the white and blue checked ones.If they are Tomy I guess they can be considered vintage. 

This is the bio I wrote for them:


Elma is the village mechanic. He has shown a big interest in cars and motorcycles since he was a very young boy. He used to go to sleep with a toy car instead of with a teddy bear. His father George was the one who sparked this interest as he was also a mechanic.

"Let´s see what´s wrong with this engine"


Mae is the school cook. She prepares healthy and delicious meals for all the village schoolchildren at lunch time. Children love her vegetable soup and cheese nuggets but their favourite are Mae´s fruit pies. She loves reading cookery books and try new recipes to fill and delight the schoolchildren´s stomachs and her own family´s.

"Today fruit pie for dessert."


Ike wants to be a mechanic like his father and his grandfather. His best friend is Vespa Farthing. They both love motorcycles and like to draw their own designs. They want to build and ride their own motorcycle when they grow up. In the meantime Ike is more than happy when his grandpa takes him for a spin in the sidecar.

"Let´s go for a spin, grandpa!"


Candy is as sweet as her name. She loves dollhouses and miniatures. She likes to make their own dollhouses out of cardboard and sew tiny dresses for her dolls. She also likes cooking like her mother but just sweet treats. Her berry trifle is delicious. She also likes cars, or rather, toy cars that she borrows from her brother. She likes to pretend her dolls travel by car to lovely places.

"Do you like my toy house?"

Would you like to meet more members of this family?

I´ll be back soon with the Mulberry Racoon Grandparents!!

See you then. Thanks for reading!

Lots of love
 

6 comentarios:

  1. What a lovely family! I have always wanted the mulberry family and you are very lucky to recieve a TOMY version! I think that I am a bit like candy except I collect Sylvanian Families not dolls...
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment! I´m glad I found this family from a spanish seller at a reasonble price. Considering they´re second hand and from the Tomy era I think they´re in good condition.The mother has some brown spots on her face and I have the feeling that the seller painted the tip of the ears and she got a bit stained from other figures. I´m not sure... but that could be the reason. Apart from that they´re quite nice.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. cute!! btw, how do you display sylvanian families collection in your room?
    i have 3houses and 2shops. but they're still in the box.
    i love sailormoon, pokemon,sylvanian families, disney princess...so i don't know how to display all of these! lol

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Ayumi!Thank you for leaving a comment!I don´t have place in my flat to display my collection. Apart from two houses, the rest of my families and buildings are storaged in their boxes under my bed and in wardrobes. The problem is I find it hard to find more room even inside the wardrobes so I don´t know what I´m going to do.When I take pictures for a story I have to set up everything, then put it back in their boxes and that takes a lot of time. I´d love to have a room to set up my sylvanian village. I undestand how do you feel about displaying all the things you collect if you don´t have much space.Sometimes I take out a building and I leave it on the dining table for a few days, then I storage it again and I take a differnt one. It´s a pity I can have on display such a nice collection.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. hi. show me if you make your sylvanian village♫ it must be pretty.
    your blog about sylvanian families right?
    can i ask you about Spain??

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. My blog is about SF but you can ask me something about Spain if you want. I´ll be glad to reply if I know the answer.

      Eliminar