viernes, 17 de julio de 2020

HAPPY SUMMER!

Dear Readers,
It´s been a while since my last post!
The reason I´ve been neglecting my Sylvanian world is because the real world had kept me extremely busy for the last few months. Working from home and schooling my three kids during lockdown has been quite demanding and stressfull.
Personally, I´ve been very overwhelmed so I didn´t have time for my sylvanian hobby.

To make matters worse my seven-year-old daughter has been  dealing with some health issues for a while and she had to be hospitalized for a week at the end of June.

Life can be downright difficult at times but we are trying to get through the tough times with a positive attitude. 
She´s at home now and she´s feeling better. We stil have a long way to go but I´m much more relaxed and happier than I´ve been for the last few weeks so I´m back to wish you a "HAPPY SUMMER"!




I thought the best way to do it was taking some pictures of my favourite couple of bunnies, Peter and Peace ,who basically live  at the beach during the summer season.

One more year, their beach bar is a popular spot to relax and enjoy a smoothie or  a cocktail at the seaside.

As you can see, they have it all set up.
This year they have a blackboard with the drink list,an umbrella and they have also bought a big beach chair that can be easily turned into a comfortable seat for their customers to relax while they enjoy a cold drink.



You have probably noticed that Peace is wearing a new bikini. What an eye-catching colour! Bright yellow, just like the sun, a warm and energetic colour perfect for the summer!I´m not a bif fan of yellow but I think it suits her.



Yellow is also the colour of her favourite cocktail.Peter has just made one for her.

"A sunshine coktail specially for you,love".
"Aww, thanks Peter! YOU are my sunshine!"




Isn´t it lovely to see they´re as much in love now as when they met two years ago?



When you look at these pictures you get the feeling that Peter and Peace are on holidays rather than working.Don´t you think so?
The truth is that so far they haven´t been very busy and they had plenty of time to chill out. It´s always the same at the beginning of the summer. However,things have changed for the last few weeks. Now,the weather is very warm and most villagers from Sweet Berry Valley and from other parts of Sylvania are on holidays so the beach is an ideal destination to spend their vacations.


  
I forgot to tell you that Peace is also running her own business.She sells some of her handmade creations such as beach bags,hair accesories, pendants, necklaces, bracelets,crocheted flowers, purses,hand painted vases and some other bits and pieces.



As I told you before, the beach is getting busy and this picture proves it.



Kate Periwinke and her family are spending the day at the seaside.She intends to buy a beach bag but she is finding it hard to make up her mind between the brown and the blue one.



However,it didn´t take long for her daughter Rebecca to choose the right hair accesory to match her beach outfit.



Kate asked Peace and Rebecca for their opinion.
Both agreed that the blue bag suited her better.



"Mum, can I get this bag for myself? I´ll pay for it with my pocket money."
"It´s lovely! Of course you can!. It´s my treat!
Rebecca thought her mum was feeling particularly generous.The truth is that spending a day at the seaside always puts Kate in a very good mood.



Suzette Simpkins got a few days off work and she headed to the beach with her children.
While his son Glynn was playing with some friends in the sand,she went with her daughter Gwendolyn to have a look at Peace´s crafts.



Gwendolyn liked a colourful bracelet and Suzette a beads necklace. Peace is helping her choose one of her handmade flowers.Suzette wants it to add an accent to her favourite dress.



Penny Farthing wants to buy a little  flower shaped bag.
"Do you like it, Vespa?" She asked her brother.
"I do,but how are going to pay for it if you didn´t bring your purse with you?"
That wasn´t a problem.
Peace told her to take it with her and pay for it some other day.



Peace likes to keep her "stand" tidy.She was happy her handmade creations were selling so well.



At the beach bar, Alex Periwinkle ordered a jar of ice orange lemonade for his family.



When Kate and Rebecca finished their shopping they joined Alex, Oliver and little Henry for a cold drink.They wery all very thirsty!



Peter and Peace´s beach bar was a nice place to have a refreshing drink to cool off. Their new beach seat was big enough for a whole family to sit down and relax. Little Henry preferred to sit and play in the sand instead.






Today at lunch time Peter and Peace got a tasty surprise. Caspian Neptune brought them a paella that Narrisa cooked at the Seaside Restaurant.
"Thanks a lot! That´s so nice of you!" Peter and Peace really appreciated their friends´kind gesture and invited them for a drink after work.
"I´ll prepare a special cocktail for you and Narrisa" Peter told Caspian who accepted the invitation.



Mmm,the paella was delicious!



That very same evening, after they finished their work at the Seaside Restaurant, Narrisa,Caspian and their two daughters went to Peter and Peace´s bar which was only a few steps from their restaurant.
Narrisa was glad to take off her apron and wear her new summer dress.



"I prepared my new summer speciality for you : Cocktails in coconut shells!"
Wow,Peter! They look great! Narrisa exclaimed and after the first sip, Caspian confirmed they tasted as good as they looked.


While their parents were enjoying their drinks, Shelly and Sandy were having a look at Peace´s handmade craft items.
Shelly seemed to like the fish pendant and Peace gave it to her as a gift. 




After a busy day, one of Peter and Peace´s favourite  moments is contemplating the sunset. There´s something magic about it!





At the end of the day,they like to snuggle up and look at the stars.



"Look Peace!A shining star!"
Let´s make a wish!
Hope your dreams come true, my friends!



And after wishing upon a star, the relaxing sound of crashing waves made them fall asleep lulled by the starry sky of Sweet Berry Valley.





Hope you enjoyed spending some time at the beach with this couple of bunnies.I missed my Sylvanians and it was lovely to bring them back to life again to write this post.

Peter and Peace are waving hello to you!




Have a great summer no matter where you spend your holidays. I really hope you have time to relax, unwind and do things you enjoy even if you spend your vacations at home. I´m afraid, that´ll be my case this year.

A big hug!

13 comentarios:

  1. Thank you, Cutata for giving me a holiday trip on the beach! We will stay in the garden this year, so I will terribly miss the sea. Your story is a little comfort. Thank you and hope, you will all be well! <3
    Daniela

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Daniela!

    Thanks a lot for your comment! I´m glad my story brought the sea closer to you.
    I totally understand how you feel. I´m afraid my family and I won´t go near the sea this year.

    Last year I took Peter and Peace to a real beach on our vacation but this year they´ll stay in Sweet Berry Valley.
    As you can see they are working but they also have time to enjoy and relax.

    Hope you can also enjoy and relax even if it has to be at home. At least you have a garden.I wish I had a garden for the kids to play outside!

    Have a great summer!
    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello my friend! So sorry to hear about your little girl, hope she is better now, I wish a quick recovery for her. I was so happy to see your new project, it's so wonderful! I can't stop admiring all the little details! These swim suits and summer outfits are fantastic! So detailed and fine work! I also loved the cocktails and the lovely beach chair, did you make it? Also all the tiny accessories are so beautiful! Loved the setup and story, it felt like I was at the seaside too! A big hug for you, hope you and your family have a relaxed and cheerful summer!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words! My daughter is feeling better at the moment and that´s good news.
      I´m glad you like my new project. This couple of bunnies always help me cheer up. After a while being away fron the sylvanian world they put me in the sylvanian mood again.
      I bought the beach chair at Tiger. I think it´s meant to be use as a phone holder but as soon as I saw it I pictured it next to Peter and Peace´s beach bar.
      I also hope you and your family have a wonderful summer!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  4. Hi Cutata!
    What a wonderful post! It was a pleasure to read, as always! :D
    I absolutely adored all the little handmade items and details you added, as always. You really brought us to the beach, as Daniela said! Peter and Peace are such a lovely couple, and it's so cute to see that they're still so much in love. I adore Peace's new bikini, as well as the other ones you made!
    I enjoyed seeing the families that visited their businesses as well. Those coconut cocktails were the cutest, as well as the evening and night pictures!

    Thank you for another wonderful post. Have a great summer! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell,
      Thanks a lot for your lovely comment!
      I´m glad this post brought you to "the beach" to some extent.As I won´t go to the beach this summer, at least I enjoyed setting up this diorama.
      I never thought Peter and Peace were going to be some of my favourite sylvanians but they are.
      Peace is happy to hear you like her new bikini. The rest, I had them already from an older post. Surprisingly , they were still fine.
      I think the coconut cocktails turned out well. Peter is proud of them and they are very poular at his bar this summer.
      I love the sunset so I tried to capture this moment in one of the pictures.

      Hope you have a wonderful summer! Relax and take one day at a time!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  5. Beautiful...the bunnies are so cute!
    Hope tour daughter gas completely recovered by now..
    Happy Summer!
    Arianna

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Arianna,
      Thank you for your comment and for your good wishes regarding my daughter.
      Hope you also have a great summer!

      Eliminar
  6. This is so sweet, Cutata! It's lovely to hear from Peter and Peace again, and it looks as though their bar is doing very well. It all looks so cute - love the coconut shell cocktails, as well as Peace's merchandise. Thank you for almost making me feel warm and summery again (almost! It's winter where we are, and I hate being cold!) :)
    I really hope your daughter is feeling much better - was sorry to hear that she has been ill; that must have been very worrying for you.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thanks for your kind words!
      I´m happy to hear my new post made you feel warm and summery nearly in winter time.The weather is extremely hot here at the moment!
      My daughter is improving little by little. I have been very worried about her but I am more relaxed now. Thanks!

      Have a lovely day!

      Eliminar
  7. Hi Cutata!

    This is a wonderfully happy post. The details - with your crafts, choice of Sylvanians, sets, costumes - held together with such a feel-good story, continues to demonstrate your artistry.

    I love the crowd scene in particular, everyone about their own business, and as for Peace in that yellow swimsuit (it so complements her colouring!) she is cuteness overload!

    So enjoyable.

    I'm glad your daughter is showing some improvement. I hope this continues. Please give her our love and best wishes.

    Keep safe this summer!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Jackson!
    Thanks a lot for your comment!
    I enjoyed setting up the different scenes for this story. Peter and Peace give me good vibes and that´s what I needed after the difficult times of the last few months.
    Peace is happy to know you like her yellow bikini. Yellow is not my favourite colour, at least for my outfits but I thinks it suits her skin colour and personality.
    I appreciate your kind words and good wishes regarding my daughter. She is feeling much better and that makes me feel good too.

    Have a great summer!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. What a lovely trip to the beach! My critters wish they could visit Peace's shop too.
    Hope you and yours are doing well!

    ResponderEliminar