domingo, 30 de junio de 2019

The new arrival.

Dear Readers,

One of the Sylvanian related gifts I got last Christmas was "The new arrival" set. Even though I already had a spare figure that I turned into Myriam Chantilly ,I was happy to get this set as it comes with a baby and a cute blue crib.



When I read that the new theme for the 12th creativity /crafting challenge in the Sylvanian Forum was "New babies" I thought it was the perfect time to unbox this set.
Hope you enjoy it!


The arrival of a new baby into a family is always a reason of joy and excitement in Sweet Berry Valley, especially if the parents have been longing to grow their family for a long time.
That´s what happened to the Chantillies´.



When Myriam and Maurice had their first daughter, Esme, they intended to raise a big family. However,years passed by and Myriam´s and Maurice´s hope to conceive a new baby faded away. Esme, as she was an only child,also wanted to have a baby brother or sister. That was what she wished for the most.She asked for it any time she blew out her birthday candles.
One fine day, when they least expected, their dream came true!

"Myriam,there´s nothing wrong with you. You don´t have a stomach bug. You´re expecting a baby!" Doctor Murdoch´s words left Myriam and Maurice open-mouthed and spechless for a few seconds.


But the good news made them react quickly.
"A baby, we´re going to have a baby, Maurice!" Myriam said with tears of joy in her eyes.
Doctor Murdoch who was watching the scene could hardly choke his tears back.



CONGRATULATIONS!




Shortly after Myriam and Maurice received the good news they started preparing their home  for their new baby.
Setting up the nursery was fun and exciting!

The Chantillies´wanted to create a relaxing space for their baby and little by little they turned the guest room into a comfortable nursery.



They chose a lovely rocking wicker crib



and a handmade blue bedding set made to order by Betty Puddleford. "The fabric feels so soft!" 


They also put a dresser to store all the baby products." Where shall I put the towels,mum?"



Maurice is such a thoughtful husband that he even bought a new armchair."I think it will be useful when we have to feed or soothe the baby" He said.



And after a few months that was the final result.











By the way,have you spotted the blue album on the dresser?
It was a baby shower gift from Cecil Maces, the villager photographer, and his wife.



Would you like to look through baby Jaques´s album?

His arrival brought his parents and sister lots of happiness and precious memories that they will preserve in this photo album.




Let´s have a look!


















These are the photos that are in the album so far.Hope you like them!



For this challenge I made the dresser and the shelf out of white foam.The baby mat is also made out of foam covered with fabric. I printed some pictures for the walls and I also pasted them on a piece of brown foam.I enjoyed helping Myriam and Maurice setting the nursery for baby Jacques!



When I started writing this post I also meant to write about some other families who have just welcomed a newborn baby. However,I changed my mind. This post is long enough and besides, I consider that the arrival of a new baby is a very special event that well deserves a post for each family. So, stay tuned because there will be more babies on the way!

See you!
Hugs!


21 comentarios:

  1. Hi Cutata! Congratulations to the Chantillies on their new arrival! I'm delighted for them!
    You did a great job of the room; the blue theme brings a soft, relaxing feeling. Jacques is lucky to grow up in such a loving and adoring family.
    This post was a cuteness overload! Your stories are always amazing and this is one of the many ones that I go back a reread multiple times because I love it so much!
    Thanks for sharing your amazing work!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Kelsie!
    The Chantilies are over the moon and I´m also very happy to read you enjoyed my story so much!

    Thanks a lot for your kind comment!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Respuestas
    1. Hi Sophie!
      Thank you ! I´m happy to hear you like Jacques´s nursery.

      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  4. Dear Cutata,


    I LOVE the "New Arrival" set.
    I have always wondered whether to purchase it or not. Now I think I shall have to...

    Baby Jacques has the cutest little face and nose.
    I really enjoyed the look into his album.

    The Chantillies did a great job on the nursery. It looks very soothing.
    The Chantillies are so beautiful and seem so happy to have little Jacques with them.

    I just want to hug them all.


    Kind regards,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina!
      Thanks a lot for you kind comment!
      The "New Arriva"l set is a great addition to any SF collection, especially if you have the garden barbacue set that comes with Maurice Chantilly. I was lucky to find Esme in a bundle I got some time ago. I love to have families reunited so I was really happy when I got this set as a Christmas gift.
      I´m glad you like the nursery.The Chantillies chose blue as the main colour to decorate it because blue is a quite soothing colour.So far, Baby Jacques is not fussy at all but a calm and happy baby.

      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  5. Sooooo cuuuuute!!!
    What a heart warming story!
    Thanks for sharing the album, the photos make me feel really happy!
    I love Esme playing with her little brother! <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!
      I´m happy to read you found this story heart-warming! It´s a really nice compliment as those kind of stories are the ones I like the most, the ones that make you fell good after reading them.
      The pictures where Esme is playing with Jacques are my favoutite too!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  6. Hi Cutata!

    What a sweet story, I'm so happy for the Chantillies! I loved the part when the doctor gave them the good news, aww! I also adored the nursery, you have such a great eye for detail, everything is just perfect! Love all the soft colours that perfectly match the adorable crib you got for Christmas, and as always, I'm impressed by your handmade items!
    I really enjoyed looking at their family pictures! Little Jacques is so adorable! They seem truly happy in them. :)

    Thank you for another great post! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrel:
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      When I was expecting my first daughter I really enjoyed setting up her nursery.Setting up this mini nursery was also fun!

      I´m glad to know you liked the family pictures! The Chantilies are very happy indeed!

      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  7. Awhhee! So cute!
    I love the nurturing pictures of these kitties! Maybe I’ll have to get this set at some point :D
    Thank you for an adorable story !
    Hugs^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla!
      Thanks a lot! It´s a really cute set. I love this family and I´m happy to have at least four of its memebers. I think I´m still missing a brother figure and two more babies but I´m quite content having a family of four.
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  8. I love this. The reaction to Myriam's news was delightful - it almost looked like they were dancing with joy! The steps taken to decorate of the nursery were great. I particularly liked Maurice up the steploadder - and Myriam's larger belly! The end result was beautiful - anyone would be proud of such a nursery.

    The photo album has so many wonderful pictures - Myriam looks so proud and happy feeding her newborn; the photos of Jacques being held up and admired by their doting family; and I agree that Esme playing with her little brother is so sweet.

    Your posts never disappoint, Cutata! Lovely.

    Have a great week!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi Jackson!
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    The arrival of Jaccques to the Chantillie´s family was the best gift they could ask for. A little miracle after so many years looking forward to having another child.Esme,as you can see, can´t be any happier with her baby brother.At last she has a sibling to play with.

    The idea of the album was inspired by my own life. A few weeks ago my eldest daughter and I were looking through her baby photo album.There were some pictures of her nursery. The picture of her father assembling my daughter´s crib gave me the idea of setting up a mini nursery. Luckily, I remembeed I had a sylvanian album that could fit perfectly in this story.
    I´m glad you enjoyed it!
    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Another wonderful story, and scenery too ! The baby is so cute (and so is the crib)... I haven't find this set yet at a decent price. I hesitated because I don't have the other members of the family, but after seeing your cute display, I'm sure I need it :-D
    Your nursery is so nicely made. Each little piece is at the right place... Not only you have a great talent for the scenes you create but really : you should print your stories to make booklets people could read to their child, it would be a great support after playing with their toys. I remember there was girl on a french facebook group who did it. She printed her sylvanian stories and sold those. She had a great success...and believe me her stories (and pictures, and sceneries, etc) were far from being as good as yours !
    Hugs & thank you for always making my day with your sweet stories
    PS : I know I already told you, but I love your Sainsbury shop conversion :-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Arcadia!
      Thanks a lot for you lovely comment!
      This is a really nice family. The worst part is that if you want to collect all the members you have to buy different sets. Esme is not easy to find anymore so I was very lucky to find her in a bundle I got.It was a nice surprise!

      Thanks very much for considering my stories good enough to be printed. I´m not that sure about it. I just do it for fun but reading comments like yours is a great reward.
      The Sainsbury shop is a cute little building. I turned a second hand one into a fishmongers. You got one too! I saw it in one of your posts. I´d love to have some more shops to customize them but as always shipping cost is so high that it´s not worth it.

      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  11. Wow, that was a great story, Cutata! I have been reading your posts for a long time but never commented.

    Baby Jacques is so cute! I just want to hug him and his little chubby cheeks. His family must be so happy to have another little addition, and Esme must be so excited to have a brother, because she has a life time of adventures to share with her new sibling. I was eight when my sister was born, how old is Esme, in this story?? Here's the link to my new blog: https://lifeofamaple.blogspot.com/ Hope you like it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi W!
      Nice to meet you! Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!
      I guess this post must relate to your own life as you had a baby sister when you were eight years old, exactly the same age as Esme in this story.
      Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I´ll have a look at it.
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  12. I love the shelf and the dresser you made, Cutata - they look so professional and perfect for the room! What a beautiful nursery the Chantillies have created for their beloved new baby boy. I liked seeing the photos from their album, too - as touching, "real" and full as life as your usual compositions - well done.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hi GreyRabbit!

    Thanks a lot!The dresser and the shelf are not that perfect but they they look ok in the pictures. I should be more more accurate when I take measures.
    I´m happy to read you liked the photos from baby Jacque´s album. I really enjoyed being the Chantillies´ photographer.

    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.

    ResponderEliminar