jueves, 14 de marzo de 2019

Farmers´Maket Day in Sweet Berry Valley

Dear Readers,
The theme for the fifth creativity/crafting challenge in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community  is "Farm life". The aim of this challenge is to show how farming is connected to the lives of Sylvanians.
One of the potential ideas for this project was building a farmers´market and that´s what I have made.

🍅🍆🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓

It´s  Farmers´Market Day in Sweet Berry Valley.
Once a week, local farmers set up their stalls on Green Park Avenue to sell their fresh organic produce.




The stalls are already set up and soon the market will be bustling with activity. 


Would you like to stroll down to see what can be found at Sweet Berry Valley Farmers´Market? Pretty colours, sweet smells and yummy tastes are waiting for you.

The vegetable stall belongs to Aaron Cottontail and his wife Sorrel. They provide villagers with the freshest vegetables that they grow themselves.


Mabel and Mack Periwinkle always buy a big bunch of carrots when they go to the market.Their grandchildren are coming for dinner and Mabel is going to cook her speciality :carrot casserole and carrot cake for dessert.


Cassandra Macavity is buying some great tasting tomatoes for her pasta sauces.


Nelson Puddleford is checking the corn cobs are fresh and bug-free. 
"I bet you won´t find better corn in this area,Mr. Puddleford" Sorrel said. 


The triplets were getting a bit impatient. Betty promised she would make them a  delicious sweet corn soup for dinner if they behaved themselves . 





As you can see next to the Cottontails ´stall, Ewan and Barbara Dale have set up their fruit wagon which is stacked with the fresh fruit they collect daily from their family orchard.


Did you know that Sweet Berry Valley is famous for its berries? Sweet and delicious, hence its name.
Agatha Buckley loves them, especially on her pancakes. Today she´s going to buy some raspberries to make her children´s favourite tart.
"They were picked up this morning, Mrs. Buckley, they´re just at their peak ripeness". Ewan pointed out proud of the good quality of his produce.



Yardley Walnut and her son Ambrose love going to the market. The tricycle basket comes in very handy to carry the shopping.



Betty Blackberry´s juice bar is permanently set on Green Park Avenue.




Besides fresh fruit juices, Betty BlackBerry 
sells a an assortment of tasty homemade jams.



Strawberry jam is Nancy Waters´ favourite.



Her juice bar has just opened for business after the cold winter days. Now, as spring is coming and the days get warmer it´s nice to sit down to enjoy one of her delicious fruit juices again.



Sweet Berry Valley´s Farmers´Market is not only about fruit and vegetables. The Brightfields offer artisan cheeses at their stall.




Once a week they close their cheese shop and bring their best selection of cheese to the market.
The Thistlethorns enjoy going together to Farmers Market Day.The Brightfileds ´cheese stop is a must for this family of cheese lovers.



The Brighfields´ stall is  also Ashley and Laura´s favourite, especially when Nancy offers somes samples of cheese to taste.



It is well-known that cheese and wine make the perfect pair and Michael and Yvonne Bramble are aware of it. That´s why they set up their wine stall next to the Brightfields´.
They grow some of the best variety of grapes. They stomp their juicy grapes to make excellent red and wine wines. They also  like to experiment with other fruit and their melon and strawberry wines are becoming very popular in Sylvania.



"Would you like to taste some strawberry wine?" Michael asked the Chocolate grandparents.
"Yes, of course" Rhys accepted the offer.


"Rhys! You shouldn´t!" His wife Patricia exclaimed.
"Relax Pat! A sip won´t do me any harm.You should have some too.



"Anyone for grape juice?" Yvonne offered the Kennelworths´children as she saw them  approching her stall.
Michael offered Monty a glass of melon wine.


"Cheers,dad!" Rufus said raising his glass of juice. "Cheers,my son!"

Eric Renard goes to the market every week. He is one of the Brambles´ regular customers. He always buys some bottles of wine to serve at his pub.



As we continue walking along the avenue, we find Christopher Appleblossom´s bread stall.Once a week Christopher sells his fresh baked goods at the Farmers´Market.





Penny Farthing and her son Ralley like doing their daily shopping at the market. The bread stall is Ralley´s favourite stop.



No wonder ! Christopher always treats Ralley to one of his tasty pastries.
"Thank you Mr. Appleblossom! You´re the best!



Going to Farmers´Market is always a fun shopping expedition for Hazel Dappledawn and her grandaughter Rhianna.
They are going to buy some cinammon rolls, fluffy, soft and gooey.A real treat for their afternoon tea.



Next to Christopher´s bread stall, the Buttercup Family have their dairy stall where they sell fresh milk, sour cream, butter and yoghurts. 


Grandma Bessie also sells home baked pies. Her blueberry and apple pie are the most requested.


"Bessie, would you mind sharing your apple pie recipe with me? It´s my grandchildrens´favourite dessert and mine is not as tasty as yours."
"Of course, Clarice!Come to  my place one of these days and we´ll have a baking session. I´d love to learn how to make your rhubard crumble cake". 



Peter Polaris has just run out of milk to make ice-cream.
Luckily ,his soft ice-cream shop is very close to the market.



Adrianne Hopkins is buying milk and butter. "My family and I love this butter. It tastes  much better than store bought." Adrianne complimented Hornbull.

" A glass of milk and a piece of pie for the way back home, young man?" Roger gladily accepted Daisy´s offer.


For the past few weeks, Angus Buttercup has set his own eggs stall.
The eggs are laid by "Turuleca" and "Caponata", two hens who live at his back garden.He is so kind to them that they are happy to give him some of their free range eggs to sell at the market.
I think I´m spotting "Caponata" in the background.


"Don´t touch the eggs!" Yardley and Angus yelled at Ambrose but it was too late.


"I´m really sorry, Mr. Buttercup! I´ll buy a basket of eggs to make up for my son´s prank".


Yardley was apologizing to Angus when Ambrose got into mischief again.
"AMBROSE WALNUT!!!" NOT AGAIN!"



"Don´t hide yourself little rascal!" 



"Come here right now. You´re in big trouble!" Yadley was mad at Ambrose and so was Angus.



"Don´t get so mad, Angus. He´s just a little boy.Let´s have some apple pie.It´ll help you feel much better" Bessie tried to calm her husband down.



When I promised you would see pretty colours on your visit to the market I  did not only have in mind the wide array of the bright colours of fruit and vegetables and some other produce but also  the vibrant colours of Rebecca Dingle´s flowers.Rebecca hasn´t got a stall in the market but her bike basket is filled with some of the beautiful flowers she sells at her flower shop.She usually rides along Green Park Avenue on Farmers´Market Day.There are always some villagers who want to buy flowers.

Today, Freya and  Créme want to buy a gift for their grandma Teresa. It´s her birthday!
"She´ll love that basket of purple flowers!"Freya exclaimed and Créme agreed.



"Happy birthday grandma! This is for you!"
"Oh! They´re lovely! Thank you so much,my sweethearts! ". Flowers always bring a smile to Teresa´s face.


Lucy Fenton likes having fresh flowers at home so she buys a bunch of flowers every week.


Peter Babblebrook bought some flowers too. They are for his girlfriend Peace.( Just in case you´re wondering how they´re doing I can tell you they are very much in love and happier than ever.) 


As you have just seen,Farmers´Market Day is very popular in Sweet Berry Valley. There is always a happy, lively atmosphere.












🌼🌽🌿🍅🍆🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🍷🍞🌷

Hope you have enjoyed your visit to Sweet Berry Valley Farmers´Market as much as I did setting it up.I wish I could leave it as a permanent display but it´s not possible.

It was a lot of work and took me a long time getting everything ready but it was good fun. I really enjoyed this challenge.

I made the cheese, the bread and the dairy stalls. I also  made some potatoes for the Cottontails.By the way, this is the first time you´ve met them. I had this family for a long time and I thought this was a good occasion to unbox them.

Have you spotted my Sylvanian grandparents wandering about the market?
I missed challenge#4 "Celebrating grandparents" so this time I took them all to market.They never miss Farmers´Market Day.

See you soon, my friends!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Hugs!

22 comentarios:

  1. This is beautiful, Cutata! It must have taken AGES to make all the stalls and set everything up! You have really captured the bustling life of the market place.

    I am so annoyed with myself for missing doing something for this challenge. I still haven't done one yet this year! For the others I have had good reasons, but this one just seemed to slip away from me... I must make the next one a priority!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you!I´m glad you like it! It took me a long time to set everything up but I it was good fun.

      There´s no pressure about these challenges.It´d be lovely to see your contributions to next challenges when you have time or feel inspired. I know life gets in the way sometimes and it´s not always posible.
      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
  2. Oh, Cutata! I absolutely adored this post! I'm pretty tired this afternoon and I still have work to do but I took a break to read it and I'm feeling much better now! It really cheered me up! :D

    Your farmer's market is lovely, just perfect! I adore every single little thoughtful detail. I love how your village's economy is so cohesive and organic, everyone has their job and they complement each other perfectly with the different products. I love that you integrated the grandparents in the story too, loved seeing them all!

    Caponata and Turuleca! Hahaha! :D

    I loved the pictures of little Yardley Walnut breaking the eggs, hehe! No wonder Angus was angry. I'm sure the delicious-looking pie cheered him up. I should wish I could have a slice myself! :)

    The last pictures, with all the Sylvanians around, are just amazing. So adorable! Thank you for another wonderful post!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thank you so much for your kind words! I´m happy to hear this post helped you cheer you up.
      My sylvanian grandparents were a bit disappointed when they found out I was not going to participate in last challenge. Farmers´ Market Day was a good ocassion to feature them.

      I couldn´t think of a better name for the hens!Hahaha! Both were part of my childhood and they´re still part of my adulthood. My children still keep singing "La gallina Turuleca".
      Turuleca and Caponata would have been mad with Ambrose too if they had caught him breaking their eggs! He would have been in big trouble!

      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
    2. Oh, you're right, Yardley is the mum! My apologies to her and little Ambrose, who broke the eggs, hehe.
      It was a great idea to feature the grandparents in this story. Love seeing them around the stalls! So adorable.
      The hens' names were perfect, hehehe! They were also part of my chilhood, so cute!

      Thanks again!

      Eliminar
    3. Don´t you worry! I mixed up names sometimes. It´s hard to remember all the names.

      Eliminar
  3. This is so quaint!! I find jt sad that, at least here in the U.K farmers markets are disappearing-where once everyone would have gone to get their food at a humble market, people now go to the supermarket instead- and the community spirit is lost.
    But so wonderful that there is an abundance of markets in Sweet berry valley!!
    It was so worth your effort, everything looks just perfect and you should be so proud of yourself! Defintely one of the most detailed scenes you’ve attempted.
    Glad to see that all the villagers are doing well! I forgot how adorable they were^^
    I look forward to my next dose of Sylvania!!!
    Hugs x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla!
      Thanks a lot for your lovely comment! I wish I could go shopping to this kind of markets but there aren´t any in my area.
      I´m really happy with this project. It looks so cute in person! I could spend hours looking at it and playing with my sylvanians taking them from one stall to another. I think it´s the fist time I feature so many sylvanians in just one post.
      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
  4. Lovley! <3
    I love the Cheese stall with the tasting plate and the Cow Grandparents are adorable! And the egg braking Ambrose is too funny! LOL
    The flower tricyle is also a great idea.
    The stalls looks perfect!
    And your set up is charming like every time!
    I enjoy the day at the market so much!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thanks a lot! It makes me happy to read you enjoyed your visit to the market.
      The Cheese stall is also one of my favourites. The Brightfields have their own cheese shop but their artisan cheeses deserved a stall at the market too.

      I´m sure next time Yardely and Ambrose go to the market he won´t be allowed to get close to the egg stall. He´s such a little rascal!

      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
  5. Cutata, this is amazing! All te tiny details you had to set up, and I noticed all the little signs at the stalls, even the jam jar labels in Betty Blackberry's shop! I'm afraid I just wouldn't have the patience to do all that!
    Oh dear, Ambrose Walnut is a bit of a rascal! I don't blame Angus for getting a bit annoyed!
    The market sure looks like a very busy place. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story and photos. I absolutely loved it and I will read it over and over again!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks very much for your kind words! I´m glad you noticed the little signs and some other small details. You also have a keen eye for detail.
      The market is a busy place but the atmosphere is great.There is a real sense of community.
      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
  6. This is brilliant, Cutata. The variety and extent the work you have done here is a delight to experience.

    It's the little touches that really lift your photos. Nancy Waters at the fruit bar and walking away in the following photo is a prime example of your skill in giving your photos a sense of continuity - almost like a movie.

    The humour with Ambrose and Raleigh, the stallholders posing with their incredibly detailed goods, the long shot showing the bustling activity of all the critters at the market. I could probably go on, but you get the idea. I like it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      I really appreciate your kind words. Thay mean a lot to me.It makes me happy to know you enjoy your visit to the market.Thanks a million!

      Have a nice day!

      Eliminar
  7. That's one of your best projects, you have created the most fantastic farmer's market in Sylvania! I love crowded sylvanian pictures, you managed to make them look so alive Great job once again! I also realize how adorable the Buttercup grandparents are, now I have to find them!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thanks a lot for your nice words! I´m happy to hear you like my market.
      The Buttercup grandparents are very cute, especially Angus. Hope you find them! I´d love to have the Dale grandparents. They are adorable too. Actually, all Sylvanian grandparents are lovely. I wish Epoch would release more granparents.

      Eliminar
  8. Oh my, I just adore your scenery ! I wish I could have a market like this in real life in my area, I would go crazy wanting to taste everything !
    I love your cauliflowers and the tiny strawberries, jams and of course cheese *I'm a big cheese lover* - Your stalls look so perfect, it's such a brilliant idea ! I had a laugh at Ambrose, those broken eggs look so realistic. And I love Rebecca's tricycle with all the flowers...I will have to come back to look again at all those pictures, I don't want to miss a thing ! The only thing I regret is not to be a Sylvanian to go shopping at Sweet berry valley's market !

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Arcadia!
      Thank you very much for your comment! I also wish I had a market like this in my area. My grandfather on my father´s side used to have a vegetable patch and the taste of the fruit and veggies was great.

      I´m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Sweet Berry Valley´s Market. I would love to be a sylvanian at times. Life in Sylvania seems to be much happier and easier than life in the real world.I´m sure you agree with me.

      Eliminar
  9. Very beautiful stalls!! I love reading your stories and gazing at your photos!

    ResponderEliminar