martes, 29 de enero de 2019

Winter Breakfast

Dear Readers:
Today´s story is inspired by the 2019 Creative Challenge posted on the Sylvanian Families Collector Comunity forum.
The second challenge´s theme is "Winter Breakfast" which is closely related to the first challenge "Snow Day".



It was a cold Saturday morning in Sweet Berry Valley. 
Agatha made some coffee and poured herself a cup.




She was feeling especially hungry so she also poured herself a bowl of cereal.
She enjoys having a quiet breakfast before the kids get up.



She opened the fridge to get some milk but suddendly she remembered there wasn´t any left .



Last evening,Oscar, accidentally, spilled the jar of milk and it was too late to go to the supermarket.



Then, she looked outside in the hope of finding a bottle of milk at her doorstep but obviously bad weather made milk delivery impossible for Hornbull Buttercup.



Agatha went to the living room where Rupert was about to start a fire in the fireplace.
"We ran out of milk for our cereal Rupert and we haven´t got any bread either.
I know it´s freezing cold but would you mind going to the supermarket to grab something for breakfast? There´s plenty of fruit at home so we just need some milk and bread".



Rupert didn´t mind it at all.The supermarket was close to their home and he felt like going for a brisk walk in the morning. Freddie offered to go with his father.
"If you want to go outside you have to wrap  yourself up properly, the last thing we need is for you to catch a cold" Agatha said while she rolled a scarf around Freddie´s neck".



"Have a banana. You´ll need some energy to walk in this weather". 



Meanwhile, upstairs, Maria and Oscar had just gotten out of bed. "Snow! " Oscar shouted with joy when he looked through the window.



Oscar ran to kiss his mum good morning and to tell her about the snowfall that had blanketed the village.




Then, he sat down at the kitchen table ready for breakfast. Agatha´s bowl was still on the table and Oscar asked for some milk for his cereal.
"There´s no milk, Oscar. You spilled it all last evening .Dad and Freddie went to the supermarket to buy some more so we´ll have to wait until they´re back to eat our breakfast.



"MUM, I know!. We can make pancakes for breakfast" Maria exclaimed excited at the idea of eating some light and fluffy pancakes topped with a big dollop of whipped cream.

"Maria..., we need milk and eggs for the batter and we haven´t got any. We can´t make pancakes today." Agatha explained to her daughter.



Maria opened the cupboard underneath the sink.
"Let me see...It must be here somewhere..." She mumbled while searching the cupboard
"What are you looking for,Maria?" Agatha was curious to know.



"Ta-dah! Pancake mix, mum!. Just add water!. I bought it once to make pancakes to treat my friends to tea but you baked a cake for us so I left it in the cupboard. Shall we make some? Please mum!" Both Maria and Oscar begged Agatha..


  
Sooner said than done, Maria offered herself to whip some cream.




Agatha and Oscar got down to making the pancakes.



When the cream was whipped, Maria made some orange juice.



The pancakes were turning out really well and Agatha was getting the hang of tossing them up in the air and catching them again. 



Oscar´s little tummy was grumbling and Agatha was hungry too. Rupert and Freddie should be back soon.




Shortly after, Rupert and Freddie got home. The smell in the kitchen was enticing and mouthwatering.
" There was just soymilk left. Hornbull couldn´t deliver milk due to the snow and there was no bread either. Cristopher Appleblossom is sick  in bed with the flu so he didn´t bake any bread. We bought soymilk, eggs and a packet of biscuits but I´d rather have some pancakes instead and leave the soymilk and cereal for tomorrow" Rupert said looking at the breakfast table.



Oscar was the first one to climb to his high chair. He couldn´t wait any longer to start munching on his pancakes.



The rest of the family sat down around the table and they chose their favourite topping for their pancakes.



A pile of fresh berries for Agatha and  just a layer of cream and strawberries for Rupert.



Maria likes hers topped with plenty of whipped cream and strawberries.




A dollop of cream for Freddie and lots of chocolate sauce for little Oscar.



"No more chocolate Oscar or you´ll have a tummy-ache". Agatha warned him.



There was nothing quite like some delicious pancakes for a special weekend breakfast treat followed by a lovely walk in the soft and fluffy snow. A perfect start to a winter weekend for The Buckleys.






This story is my contribution to the second challenge´s theme "Winter breakfast". A perfect excuse to open the "Homemade Pancake Set" that I had bought ages ago that was still boxed. 



For this story I made the tablecloth
for The Buckleys´ kitchen table following the tutorial you can find in Slydale Hollow blog. (Thanks Chill!)

I made the cream for the bowl and for Freddie´s pancake using soft modelling clay.

I made some strawberries too.



I also made the plastic bag for the packet of cereal. I cut a small piece of plastic out of a real cereal bag and I sealed the borders with a hot glue gun (without glue).I crushed some cereal and put them in the bag.



Finally, a picture of my winter weekend breakfast I had last Sunday.




Hugs!

Vera The Mouse by Marjolein Bastin



20 comentarios:

  1. Hi Cutata! So lovely to see what the Buckleys were getting up to for breakfast! It looked delicious! You did a great job of making the pancake and the strawberries, I thought they were actually part of the set. And I thought you used real whipped cream in the bowl, it was so realistic!
    Little Oscar is so cute! I'm sure he felt very bad about tipping the last of the milk over. The Buckleys are so sweet. Unfortunately, my Buckley family is looking very worn, as they were my first ever family.
    I loved your photos!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!Thanks for your kind words! I´m glad you noticed the whipped cream in the bowl. I was quite happy with the result. Little Oscar felt really sorry for spilling the milk. He couldn´t have his warm glass of milk before going to bed.It always helps him to put him to sleep.The Buckleys are a lovely family.Even if yours are worn out they must have a great value for you as they were your first family.

      Eliminar
  2. Oh Cutata, aren't you clever - this is beautiful!! I really love this story, and your pictures are gorgeous too. I really love the picture of little Oscar spilling the milk, Maria in her pyjamas getting so excited about being able to provide pancakes for her family, and so many more! Your crafted pieces fit in seamlessly too, and I love the kitchen wallpaper, it's so pretty. You have really captured a lot of life and expression in your characters for this story Cutata, well done! (aaaand now I kind of want a pancake...)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thanks so much for your kind feedback! It makes me really happy to know you enjoyed my story and my pictures.I printed the kitchen wallpaper from the internet. It is the same paper I used for Betty Blackberry´s juice bar.

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata!

    What a perfect story for the theme, and a wonderful opportunity to use the pancake set indeed! I adore it, it's one of my favourites. Those pancakes are so tiny and fluffy!

    The Buckleys are a beautiful and adorable family, little Oscar is just so cute!
    I also love the picture in which Agatha is putting a scarf around her son's neck. So precious.

    Poor them, having no milk nor bread! I hope Mr Appleblossom recovers soon, that reminded me of your old story, in which he was absent for a day and Daisy Buttercup thought something had happened to him, haha!

    Their house is beautifully decorated, as always; you have such a wonderful eye for detail! Everything looks just perfect and where it should be. I love all the things you made, and your real breakfast looks so appetizing! :D

    Thank you for a lovely story and beautiful pictures once again. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell! Thanks so much for your kind words! When I read the new theme for this challenge I knew it was a great opportunity to unbox the pancake set that I bought nearly two years ago.It is absolutely adorable.

      Cristopher Appleblosom is already recovered and the bakery is open again. I had been sick with the flu for a week and that´s the first idea that came to my mind when thinking of a reason for not having bread for breakfast.
      The picture of Agatha putting the scarf around Freddie´s neck is inspired by my own life. she looks like me wrapping my kids up before we leave the house in the morning.

      I still have to post the second part of the Buckley´s home. The post was ready but I posted the Christmas stories instead. I will do it soon.

      Eliminar
    2. Ooh, poor you, hope you're feeling better!
      Looking forward to the second part of the Buckley's home posts! :)

      Eliminar
  4. Oh I love this story too !
    You did an amazing job, the cream and strawberries are a great addition, and I noticed a bunch of things I didn't notice before, like the cute cookies jar ! I wish I was there to share the breakfast, be it yours or the Buckley's one :-)
    Maybe my Webster could have deliver some milk, now that he is working with the Friesian he has cow milk and sheep one too :-)
    I had a laugh at the pancakes, I'm really doing everything wrong with them, the last time I tried tossing them up in the air they all went down in silly places, sink, cooker, everywhere but the pan LOL.
    Thank you so much for sharing this great story !

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Arcadia!
      Thanks for your kind feedback! That cookie jar you have spotted is little Oscar´s favourite item in the kitchen. He loves cookies!

      Hornbull Buttercup never fails to deliver milk but it was really hard in such a bad weather . Maybe if he had had the help of Webster and a good sledge he would have been able to deliver the milk.

      I´m hopeless at making pancakes that´s why I enjoyed preparing "toy pancakes" for The Buckley´s breakfast.I guess I´ll have to make them more often. It must be a matter of practice. I might try to make them this weekend.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  5. Aww such a sweet story!
    It’s so cool to see the tablecloth.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Chill!
      Thanks for reading! I still remember the first time I saw your tablecloth at your Harvester Restaurant. It was really kind of you to post your detailed tutorial. I found it very useful and easy to make. Thanks to your tutorial some of my sylvanian tables look much nicer now.

      Eliminar
  6. YUMMY!!! Pancakes, fruits and cream...
    I should go to the Supermarket tomorrow. ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thanks for your comment! I haven´t made pancakes in a long time. I think I´ll make some this weekend but I´m afraid they won´t looks as soft and fluffy as the ones Agatha made. As long as I don´t burn them ,I´ll be happy enough.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  7. I love this!! I love Mama's apron, and the scarves. Your photographs and your story are so beautiful!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sophie!
      Thanks for your kind words! The apron is really cute. It belongs to the Farmhouse accessories set. It´s a lovely set.
      As for the scarves, I wish I cut knit but I haven´t got a clue. I just cut some stripes out of an old woolie jumper. I like to recycle old items of clothing to make stuff for my sylvanians.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Eliminar
  8. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Awwwhh I’ve missed your sylvanian challenges! This ones really cute too! Your breakfast at the end looked yummy too
    The pancake set is one I’ve been debating about for a while...I wasn’t sure if it was a bit pricey for what it was but it looks like a really sweet set
    Hugs!
    :3

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi Isla!
    Thank you for your comment!I also thought the pancake set was a bit pricey for what you get compared to other similar sets but it´s lovely.

    A big hug!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi Cutata, I have spent some time catching up on your website. Your stories and photos are, as always, absolutely mindblowing! You are so talented with the extra work you put in to the small accessories and decorations, it's really amazing. Thankyou for sharing. :) x Piffle

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hi Piffle!
    Thanks a lot for your kind words! I´m happy to hear from you again! What a lovely surprise!

    ResponderEliminar