viernes, 11 de enero de 2019

A joyful and peaceful Christmas day for Peter Babblebrook


Dear Readers,

Christmas is over but if you read my last story some of you might be wondering what´s going to happen next.
Even if your festive spirit is not in full swing I hope you don´t mind reading a story about Christmas Day.


It was Christmas Eve. The big table and the chairs arrived.When The Timbertops knew Tanya´s family was coming over for Christmas they offered her a spare dining table and a set of chairs. " We don´t have many guests at our B&B on Christmas Day" Rose Timbertop said." "Taylor will bring the table to your cottage." And he did. 
Tanya had asked her brother to be at her place before Taylor arrived."I´m sure he´ll need a hand to get the table into the cottage". Tanya was right. It was a very heavy table and even Munchie tried to help. 



Tanya thanked Taylor for lending her the dining table and the chairs.
They exchanged Christmas wishes and Tanya gave Taylor a box of her cookies to show him her gratitude.



Tanya was looking forward to having her family reunited around that table and she tried to cheer his brother up. 
"We are going to have a great time, Peter, you´ll see!"
For a moment, she was about to tell him  about her conversation with Peace but she decided not to do it just in case he got mad at her and changed his mind about coming over for dinner.



On Christmas morning, Tanya woke up very early. The bakery was closed so she baked her own bread and started cooking.





She
placed the crockery and cuttlery on the tablecloth she had bought for this special occasion.It was the first time she was going to have so many guests at home.


Tanya was preparing some appetizers when her brother arrived.Peter seemed to be in a better mood than in previous days.He even brought a bottle of a very good wine for dinner.
"Merry Christmas, Tanya!" He exclaimed cheerfully when his sister opened the door.
Tanya was wondering if the reason for his brother´s changed in mood had something to do with Peace. "Maybe he changed his mind and gave her a call" Tanya thought to herself.
  



Peter and Munchie gave Tanya a hand preparing the food.Munchie, as usual, helped Tanya tasting it.He was an expert tasting sweet treats but he seemed to enjoy savoury snacks too.



While Tanya was finishing cooking the main dish, Peter and Mucnhie set the table.



Everything was ready and set for dinner. Tanya had a look at the table and she was satisfied. Her brother Rockie and his family should arrive at any moment. 



"A car is coming!It must be them!"Peter said when he saw a red car through the window.



Tanya, Peter and Munchie ran to the door to welcome their family. 




They hadn´t seen each other in a long time and they were all very happy to be together again.
Bubba and Breezy had heard their auntie lived with an elf but they found it really hard to believe until they met face to face with Munchie.



Breezy  stared at the little elf in front of her in astonishment and asked: "What´s your name?"
"Munchie, my name is Munchie.I come from Finland and Santa Claus is a good friend of mine" He said feeling very pleased with himself.



It was easy for Munchie to get Breezy´s and Bubba´s attention by telling them about his adventures in  Santa Claus´land.
Crystal praised Tanya for the lovely table and the look of the food.




Rockie brought in all the presents he had in the boot of his car.There were gifts for everyone.
"Ho,Ho,Ho" He said when he entered the cottage loaded with parcels.




After the excitement of unwrapping Christmas  presents, it was time to sit down at the table.
Tanya had prepared a short speech for this special day.She was elated to be surrounded by her loved ones. They all listened attentively to her moving words.


They were about to start eating when they heard a knock on the door.
"Are you expecting someone else?" Rockie asked.
"No, I wonder who could it be" Tanya said. 
"I´ll go and see" Peter stood up and went to open the door.




Peter was about to open the door when he caught sight of someone looking through the door window. All of a sudden,the intense black eyes staring at him through the other side of the door made his heart beat faster.



When Peter opened the door and met Peace in front of him he was, for a moment, lost for words.
"Aren´t you happy to see me?" Peace asked to break the ice.
"Of course, I am!It´s just that I´m surprised to see you here." Peter was amazed. He had to pinch himself to make sure he was not dreaming.
"Didn´t you get my letter?" Peace asked.
" A letter? Did you write to me? Peter was even more surprised.
" I did.I sent it the very same day I talked to your sister but you know how busy post offices are at this time of the year" Peace explained.
"My sister!? Did Tanya call you? Peter was so surprised that he was beside himself. He couldn´t believe it. 
"She did and I´m happy and thankful for her call, Peter. I was going to spend Christmas with my sister and her boyfriend but after talking to your sister I said to myself: I´d better go to spend Christmas with my own boyfriend and here I am" Peace said, smiling shyly at him.



Peace´s last words made Peter´s heart melt.He said nothing, he was even more stuck for words than he was when he opened the door.

He just kissed her nicely, softly and passionately. Just like the first time they kissed at the beach in front of a spectacular sunset.
This time they were kissing in front of Peter´s family who gave the two lovebirds a round of applause.



Peter and Peace blushed when they heard the claps and cheers but immediately they felt at ease again when Peter´s family stood up to greet and welcome Peace. They all had heard about her before and they were glad to meet her but only Tanya knew the whole story. She was absolutely ecstatic. She expected her brother to receive a letter but she never thought Peace was going to turn up at her place on Christmas Day.




Both Peter and Peace hugged Tanya. 
"Thank you Tanya.Your call was the best Christmas present I could wish for" Peace said.
Peter embraced his sister and said: "Thanks for bringing "Peace"  back into my life, sis. Thanks for caring so much for me".
Munchie, who was witnessing the emotional scene, was about to shed a tear.
"Aww,this is going to be a joyful and peaceful Christmas Day" Munchie´s words made Peter laughed. "You´re dead right,Munchie! Joyful and Peaceful, for sure!" Peter exclaimed. 




Finally, they all gathered around the table to enjoy a delicious Christmas dinner.
Tanya was looking forward to Christmas but she didn´t know this Christmas was going to be so special.




Peter, who had the feeling he was not going to enjoy this Christmas, had the best Christmas ever.
"I let you go once, but I want you to stay with me,not just for Christmas or in summer but all through the year.What I mean is that I want you to stay with me forever"  Finally Peter was brave enough to open his heart to Peace.

Now, it was Peace the one who was stuck for words. She had dreamed of this day so many times however she could just whisper "I will, Peter, I will..." and she sealed her promise with a soft kiss.



And that was the second part of the story.
I know the story is quite predictable and soppy at some parts but taking into account it was a Christmas love story it couldn´t be any other way.  After being separated for four months, Peter and Peace are delighted to be together again.I´m pretty sure you are happy to see them together at last, aren´t you?

Thanks for reading!

Hope you have a joyful and peaceful year too!

Hugs!

18 comentarios:

  1. Yay! I am so glad Peace decided to surprise Peter on Christmas Day! (And yes, maybe the story's end was a little predictable, but sometimes that kind of story is the best kind - especially at Christmas!)
    Also, Tanya's house looks wonderful - she obviously worked very hard to set up this special Christmas party!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thanks for your kind comment! Tanya was very satisfied of her Christmas party! Everything turned out perfectly, even better than she expected.

      The story´s end wasn´t so predictable for Tanya and Peter but they loved it, especially Peter, of course!

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Cutata!
    Awww, what a cute story. I'm delighted that they came together at last. Don't worry about it being soppy, it was so sweet! Peter and Peace are so lovely together. Does this mean they are going to get married now?
    Also, that Christmas feast looked delicious. Tanya is a great cook! And I love that little candle too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      I´m glad you liked the second part of the story. I don´t know if they will get married but I know they are already living together.
      I´d love to have a wedding in Sweet Berry Valley but I have another couple in mind first. I even wrote a story around two years ago to show you how this couple met but I haven´t posted it yet. I will do it at some stage.

      Eliminar
  3. Another great story ! I believe I enjoyed much your Sylvanian Christmas than mine, this Christmas table is wonderful ! I can see little Munchie was a great helper, he really deserved to test/taste everything, sweets included :-D My boy friend who is much into "happy endings" (he can be very upset if a movie ends on something sad) asked me to translate the story for him... but I guess we lost him as soon as there was a kiss, I can tell you made his day heeheehee

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Arcadia!Thanks for your kind words!It´s lovely to see how you and your boyfriend share some sylvanian moments together.I´m glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed my story,)

      Eliminar
  4. Awww, what a sweet story! I loved it! I adore happy endings! :)
    Beautiful pictures, as always. That table was so perfectly set, and the cute mantelpiece was to die for! You have a wonderful eye for details, everything is just where it should! :)
    Also, I love Tanya's red pot! :D

    No wonder Munchie is so popular with the children, hehehe!

    I loved when all the relatives cheered and clapped at their kiss! :D I'm happy Peace will be staying with Peter. I'm sure they will be very happy together!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thanks for your kind words!
      I love happy endings too. I can´t imagine a sad ending in Sylvania.
      I´m glad to hear you liked the table. I really enjoyed setting it. I don´t usually have the patience to place all the tiny cutlery in the right place but this time it was a special occasion. The tablecloth is the middle part of a Christmas paper napkin, hehehe! I´m always looking for things I use in my daily life that can be suitable for sylvanians.

      I can tell you Peace and Peter are happier than ever!

      Eliminar
  5. Aw, what a beautiful story! I love all the photographs!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Sophie!
    Thank you for reading the second part of the story and for leaving a comment!
    I´m glad you liked it!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. *Sigh*
    Even if it was easy to guess, what will happen, it was touching to read it! I was nearly moved to tears, to see them all so happy together: the family at the wonderful decorated table, the children, listening to Munchie´s stories and - the loving couple kissing at the doorstep <3 <3 <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela!
      Thank your for your kind words!
      I´m glad you enjoyed it even if you knew what was going to happen.I know the tittle was enough to give away the story´s end but this story had to have a happy ending. It couldn´t be any other way at Christmas in Sylvania.



      Eliminar
  8. Oh no! How did I miss both parts of this fantastic Xmas story!! Maybe I was counting on announcing your new posts on the forum but now I subscribed to your blog by email so I won't be missing anything from now on! I have to say a big BRAVO, it's was like watching a Christmas movie! So sweet and heartwarming! I loved all the cute scenes and adored all the lovely details! I also love the way you write your stories even it's not in your own language! I always find that too difficult to do (maybe I don't have the patience to) and I know how much effort you put into making this! Thank you for another great story that brightened my day,my wishes for a fabulous new year ahead!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Sylvanako. It makes me really happy to hear you liked both parts of my Christmas story. I didn´t posted them on the forum because Christmas was already gone by the time I had them finished. Sometimes I´m a bit conscious of my English especially when writting long stories so I appreciate your nice comment about the way I write .It takes time and it would be much easier to write them in Spanish but I don´t mind the effort as it is also a good way to learn and practice my English.Thanks again for your lovely comment. It made my day!

      Eliminar
  9. I continue to be impressed by your photographs (both the lovely detail and your choice/placement of your Sylvanians) and by the entertaining flow of your stories. I smiled at Rocky Babblebrook all wrapped up, bringing in the presents from the car that was subtly parked outside. Wonderful stuff.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate your kind feedback!

      Eliminar