sábado, 16 de septiembre de 2017

A dress for Evie Hazelwood

Dear Readers,

Last time I placed an order at SSK, I bought Evie´s Sleepover set.


Even though it is hard,I try not to unbox all the sets on the same day I receive the package. It is nice to keep a new set and open it one of these days you need something to cheer you up a bit.

Last evening, I took Evie out of her box and there she was wearing her pink checked nightgown.


She looked very comfortable in her nightie but,actually,it was a bit tight on the sleeves and it left a mark on her arms  . It´s not that noticeable in the picture but I think you can get an idea of what I mean.


Poor Evie! Her arms were injured and she didn´t have any clothes to go out.
Sooner said than done, I turned a little piece of fabric into a dress for Evie.

Ta-dah!
Look how happy she looks in her new floral dress!



Have you recognized the building at the back?
Yes! At last! The Sylvanian Dress Shop.(I´ll write a post about it some other day)



Finally,a family picture.



I´m hopeless at sewing but this time I was determined to try my best.
Even though the dress has some stiches, I must confess I cheated a little bit as I ended up using glue for the straps.I also had to add a ribbon and a bow to cover the irregual stitches but the final result is ok for someone who finds it even hard to understand how to put a pattern together.

I´m in the process of updating the page for my Sylvanian Families. I´m taking pictures of the families I hadn´t included yet and writing all the bios again.
The first page I created doesn´t work anymore and I can´t update it.
Hope this new one works but it is still on draft.

Have a nice day!

Lots of love




10 comentarios:

  1. The dress is adorable and Evie looks so pretty and happy in it! The family photo is so beautiful! I also like those trees at the back, did you make them?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Sylvanako! Evie loves her new dress. I´m glad you like the family photo. Basil needs a different outfit to wear when he is not working but male clothes are more difficult to make. I tried to make a pair of trousers but there was no way.
      I didn´t make the trees. I bought them. They don´t have a base, they end up in a pointy shape. They are meant to be stuck in a kind of polyurethane foam. There were different pots filled with that foam at the shop and the idea is that you choose your tree and the pot you like to make your own.

      Eliminar
  2. Hello Cutata,

    I think it's a great idea to keep some of your Sylvanians in the boxes and open them on a day when you need a little treat! I have done this too sometimes!

    I have to say, Evie looks so elegant in the dress you made her and with the bow on her ear! I really like the dress and if you hadn't told us you "cheated" a little making it, I wouldn't have guessed.

    Also, lovely photograph of Evie standing amid the flower baskets.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much ,Nina!
      Evie must have been in that box for a long time! Her poor little arms! She was delighted to take off her nightie and put on her new dress to go for a walk along the streets of Sweet Berry Valley. She asked me to take a picture of her among the flower baskets when she stopped at the flower shop.
      The bow on her ear belongs to the accessory set. She tried all the accessories from the set and the bow was her favourite.
      Hope you also have a very nice week!

      Eliminar
  3. Hello Cutata!
    I love Evie's dress! It looks amazing, it looks like something from a SF magazine! The family photo is very cute and the one of her amongst the flowers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for you kind words, Emily! Evie is also very pleased with your comment.

      Eliminar
  4. Wow I love your photos! I hope her arm is mending

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much for your comment! Evie´s arm is a bit better now.

      Eliminar