jueves, 1 de junio de 2017

A Fishmonger in Sweet Berry Valley

Dear Readers,

Are  you wondering what Monty and Rufus are doing with that blue wooden fish?




For the past few days they have been working on this project and I´m pretty sure the title of the story gave you a clear idea of what that fish is for.



"Is it ok there?" Monty asked trying to place the fish on the right place.
"That´s perfect. Just leave it there". Myriam and Maurice said.


" I see you have finally decided to open the Fishmonger" Cassandra Macavity told The Chantillies.

"Yes, Cassandra.It took us some time to make up our minds but the Robinsons encouraged us to open our own business.They sell fish at their supermarket but they told us they can only stock a small amount and they´ve Heard some villagers complaining about the lack of more seafood and fish variety." Myriam explained.

"Wait until I tell Alonso! He is dreaming of incluiding a seafood pizza to our pizza shop menu." Cassandra exclaimed. "You can be sure he´ll be a loyal customer" She added.


Mae Mulberry and his son Ike, who just happened to pass by the new shop, also stopped to congratulate The Chantillies.




The counter was also made to order by The Kennelworth brothers.
"It´s SO heavy!" Maurice said when he tried to lift it up on his own.
"No wonder you can´t lift it. It´s made out of solid wood,Maurice." Monty explained.
"Let us help you" Rufus offered.



Myriam and her daughter Esme decorated the  counter with some of the wallpaper they used for the shop and Maurice congratulated Rufus and Monty on their good job.


There were only a few days left for the opening day and they wanted to have their little shop perfect for such a special occasion.


 They were busy cleaning up when they heard a friendly voice.
"Good afternoon, family!"Caspian Neptune greeted." Is everything ready for the opening day? He asked.



"Nearly everything but we still need the most important" Myriam said smiling.
"Don´t you worry Myriam" Caspian knew what Myriam was referring to.
"You can be sure your Fishmonger will sell the best fresh fish and seafood. The opening day you´ll have fish so fresh,it´s almost wriggling. Trust me!" Caspian said proud of his skills as an experienced fisherman.


"Are you going to open this week?" Caspian asked.
"More than likely.I just have to sign a couple of documents and Sweet Berry Valley will have a Fishmonger." Maurice said feeling happy but a bit nervous at the same time. 



When it was time to go back home Maurice turned his back and had one more glance at his future business. "Yes! Everything is going to be fine" He reassured himself.He had the feeling that from now on Sweet Berry Valley´s villagers were going to enjoy eating fish more than ever. 




*********************************************

As you have seen I have a new family and a new little shop. I got Myriam and Esme as part of an eBay bundle. They weren´t in a very good condition but they looked a bit better after a gentle wash.I didn´t buy the bundle for the figures but as I had two members of the Chantilly family I ended up buying "The garden barbacue set" that comes with Maurice. That is how I got the Chantilly family reunited. I´m sure you have noticed there is big difference in the look of their fur. Maurice is brand new and Myriam and Esme must have been played for a good while.

I also bought the Sainsbury shop but John Sainsbury  wasn´t included. I wanted to use it as a doughnut shop but I thought the big counter was removable and it is actually attached to the shop so I decided to use it for a different purpose. When I took Marice out of the box his apron reminded me straight away to the apron some fishmongers wear and as he is a cat he must like fish so I turned the Sainsbury shop into The Chantillies´ Fishmonger.

Soon, they´ll be happy running their new business.
Don´t miss the opening day!

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love!


13 comentarios:

  1. Wonderful idea for re-purposing the Sainsbury shop! It looks great. Thanks for the lovely story, I love it :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Lovely shop, the wooden fish is a wonderful idea! Can't wait to see it filled with goods! The Chantilly family is perfect for it! Nice scenery too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much,Sylvanako!My youngest son likes to run around the house with a toy supermarket trolley filled with toy food so I stole his fish for The Chantillies. He was very surprised to see his fish on top of the fishmonger roof and tried to remove it more than once.

      Eliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love what you have done with the shop! The fishmonger is looking really good and I cannot wait to see it filled with all sorts of kitty cuteness when it opens.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Santie!The Chantillies are looking forward to the opening day but they still have to sort out a few things.

      Eliminar
  5. The shop is looking very good! I am quite sure that soon there will be a whole heap of sylvanians who want to buy some fresh seafood, Alonso leading them. I like the wallpaper you have chosen, it fits the shop perfectly. The idea of the fish on top is very creative, the fishmonger just wouldn't be complete without it. I love your trees in the background!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Emily! I like the wallpaper too. I was going to use it to decorate a house but I think it suits the fishmonger. The fish on top makes a big difference but my son doesn´t think the same. He´s been looking for his fish for a few days. I´ll have to give it back to him when I finish taking pictures for the second part of the story. You noticed the trees in the background!! That´s the first time they appear in my stories since I made them.

      Eliminar
  6. That fish sign looks great. I like how you decorated the shop.Nice colours,very inviting. Looks like a fun project to do.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much ,Maria! It was a fun little project.It didn´t take me long and I really enjoyed it.

      Eliminar
  7. Hello Cutata,


    As always, you have taken beautiful photos of Sweet Berry Valley and its inhabitants.

    I like how you have decorated the shop. The large wooden fish on top is a nice touch.

    Love the photo of the Chantilly family cleaning for opening day.


    Kind regards from Riverside,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much,Nina!I don´t know how long the wooden fish is going to last on top of the fishmonger. My son is not very happy with the idea of his fish being on top of a roof . He doesn´t understand the point. I´ll have to put it back in his shoppng trolley one of these days. I also like the photo of the Chantillies cleaning up the shop. It looks very realistic.I´m glad you liked it too.

      Eliminar