martes, 9 de mayo de 2017

DIY trees

Dear Readers,

A few days ago I showed you some DIY flower beds I made for my village.
Today I would like to share with you my first attempt at DIY trees.
I made two types of trees. One of them was inspired by Mimi´s blog.

The other one is very quick and easy to make.

You just need the following:


A round ball of green foliage, a real twig, a bottle cap and air dry flexible clay.

(I bought the ball of green foliage in a home decor shop. I paid 2€ for it but I´ve just found it on eBay  cheaper with free shipping)


I´m sure you have already figured out how to turn these materials into a tree so there won´t be much explanation, just a few photos to illustrate the project.








It only took me a few minutes to make the trees. Then, I thought the base should be improved and I tried to cover it up with some fake moss but I didn´t have the right kind of glue and this part was a bit messy and sticky. My fingers ended up covered with glue.


You can skip this step but I think the base looks better when it is decorated.







 Decorating the base is what takes a bit longer but  not that much, really. The rest, as you have just seen, is very straight forward and quick to make.

I also made an orange tree, at least that´s what is meant to be, following this tutorial 
on Mimi´s blog.












To be honest with you, I´m quite happy to add some trees to my village.


They are quite stable on a flat surface but they are a bit wobbly on the green mat I have. When the trees fall off they knock down everything on their way. Domino effect, if you know what I mean.



In this last picture you can see the trees,  the new path I also made and one of the flower beds.

What do you think?



Thanks for visiting!

See you soon!

Lots of love

10 comentarios:

  1. Hello Cutata,

    I love all of the trees, very beautiful, especially with the decorated bases. I will ask my Riversiders whether they want anything similar for their town. ;)

    Have a lovely day!
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Nina! I´m sure your Riversiders will appreciate to take shelter under the shade trees in hot summer days.

      Eliminar
  2. Thank you for the tutorial! I love the decorated bases, and also how stable they are. They are going to look beautiful in your photos and stories.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Terra! The base was the only way to make the trees stable as I used a twig for the trunk. I think roots look much more realistic. I´ll try to make a different version some other time.

      Eliminar
  3. Beautiful! I love how easy these are & the way you displayed them!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Chill! The good thing about these trees is that they are very easy and quick to make. I don´t have the time neither too much patience for time consuming DIY projects.

      Eliminar
  4. They look lovely! I've also used those ball type fake leaves for daiso to make plants but I did disassemble it. The round balls also look great as trees! It is a good idea to use clay for the base! I used air-dry clay for mine and it doesn't work too well! Thanks for all the ideas! I want to make similar trees in my town! ^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Jona! These fake leaves round balls are perfect to make bushes, plants and trees. I ordered some more on eBay. I didn´t know I could find them there. They are cheaper than the ones I bought in a decor shop.

      Eliminar
  5. The trees look lovely and professional, Cutata! Thanks for the inspiration. They look so good surrounding the house. I was wondering about what you said about them unstable on the matt- maybe we could buy some little magnets and put it in the base and under the matt? It is just a thought, I don't know if it would work.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Maria and for suggesting using magnets for the base! I think it could work! Good idea :D

      Eliminar