martes, 25 de abril de 2017

DIY Flower beds

Dear Readers,

Spring is here! At least in this part of the world and therefore, flowers are also blooming in Sweet Berry Valley. 

Inspired by Mimi´s wonderful blog I decided to make some flower beds to  decorate my villager´s front yards  and this is the final result.





The flower beds are made out air-dry clay and I decorated them with some plastic leaves and flowers.

The first flower bed looks darker tan the last one because the clay wasn´t dry yet. Once it is dry the colour looks much lighter.


I also made some paper flowers using these punchers and a tiny bit of yellow play dough.



For the round flower bed I used a lid.




I used an empty box of cheese portions to make the semi circle and the corner shaped flower beds.


It was an easy and fun craft activity that I enjoyed sharing with my seven year old daughter. She even made and decorated some of the flowers.


By the way, grass is also growing on the sides of the paths!

For the path I used  a piece of cork and light green foliage clusters.I´m quite glad with the result.


Sorry I didn´t take any pictures of my Sylvanians this time.

Today, I just meant to share this tittle projects I made for their village.

For a full tutorial and a much nicer flower bed you can follow this
link.


Thanks for reading!

Lots of love

8 comentarios:

  1. These look amazing Cutata! I am still looking for a flower punch to make bigger flowers. I have some plastic ones in purple and white which look like your pink ones. Once I have some more foliage types, I will make my own flower beds.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Emily! You should try. The good thing about flower punches is that you can choose the color of your flowers and make lots of them. Very easy and cheap.

      Eliminar
  2. Thanks for this inspiring post! I would like so much to make my own now! But my list of things to do for my Sylvanians is soo long and I sooo don't have time! I like this little punches you made the flowers with. The result is great. It must have been fun to make it with your daughter.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you ,Maria! My daughter enjoyed this little project. I don´t have much time either so I choose projects that I find easy and quick to make. This one doesn´t take long at all and it´s very simple.

      Eliminar
  3. I love these! Great idea to use the flower punch and to use the lid.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Terra! Sylvanians stimulate my creativity! They are wonderful!

      Eliminar
  4. Hello Cutata,

    I did not mind not seeing any Sylvanians! Not at all! This was super, your flower beds are a real treat to look at and a tutorial is always good! I love finding out tricks on how to improve my Sylvanians' landscapes/village scenes. I think I should really get one of those stampers, as they seem so useful for miniature flower making.

    Hugs from Riverside!
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you Nina!
    I bought this flower punch long time ago but I never used to make flowers. I used to use it to punch paper sheets as a sort of decoration. Mimi´s blog have lots of flower tutoriasl using fimo. I´m sure you could make lovely flowers with Fimo. You make lovely things with it. I should try as well but paper flowers are easier and quicker to make.

    ResponderEliminar