viernes, 22 de julio de 2016

My brand new Maces Mouse Family

Dear Readers,

About this time last year I bought my first second hand family on ebay: "The Maces Mouse Family"  (I already owned the baby and the sister next to Spencer Maces and I wanted a family for them).




The description said they were in very good condition and to be honest with you the pictures looked good enough to me.However, I was very dissapointed when I saw them in person. The mother was missing her tail and flock from her hands. The brother was also missing flock. I had to paint their ears as the brown and pink colour was nearly gone.The parents were in their original clothes but not the children.
Considering all these things and the high price I paid for them I was determined not to buy a second hand family again ( but I did!)
If you are a regular follower of my blog you´ll probably  remember The Maces emptying the counter of the cheese shop and feeling over the moon when they found a cheese plate in my flat.



The truth is they looked fine in  pictures but when I have them in my hands I wish I had bought them new in the first place.A few weeks ago I found them brand new from a Spanish seller and I couldn´t help buying them again. At least postage was reasonable and as the seller combined postage I bought some more second hand families to make it even more reasonable! I gave the second hand family of mice to my children so now everybody happy :)

The two Maces figures I had came from these sets.

 
Here is my new "Maces Mouse Family" still in its box.


 They feel much happier in the green fields of Sweet Berry Valley.



They are the owners of the shoe shop.You´ll see them soon running their store.

Thank you for reading!

Lots of love.  

7 comentarios:

  1. Oh I understand you completely! I feel the same about used figures and prefer buying them new, although I like my used figures. I'm happy for you that you found a new family - they look very cute :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kyraja! Thank you for your comment!I love the feeling of unboxing new figures. They look so clean, thir clothes so neat...In this case the problem is the price I paid. It was expensive so I expected them to be in better condition.As I said in the post, the same day I bought the Maces I bought more second hand families. Some were in very good condition, others not that much but at least the price for the ones that look used was cheap.I´m waiting for the Trunk Elephant Family. I bought it last week on ebay and I hope is in good condition. The picture was blurred so but I bought it because the seller said she was a collector and only used the figures to take photos. I hope it is true because the price was also high and postage increased it a lot!

      Eliminar
  2. Yes, I know that feeling. I have a handful of used figures (the periwinkles though I call them buttermilks, Suzzete Simpkins though I call her Marie McPurr, Basil the chef though I call him Henry Doormouse, Micheal dream and my Treefellow family and Squirrrels). I really like Henry but you can see that he is used, he has no tail and fur is faded and rubbed off in some places. he is one of my favourite figures though because I love the mouse mold and he would be the first one that I would replace, (I really want to)
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment! The thing is you get to love the old figures too, especially if you had them for a long time but when you really like a figure you want it to be in mint condition so I understand you want to replace Henry for a new one.As I said in my reply to Kyraja´s comment the problem is when you pay nearly as much as for a new item but it´s not in that excellent condition as the seller considered. As I also told Kyraja I´m waiting for the Trunks. I hope they come from an adult collector as the ad said. I really trusted the seller as I couldn´t see mucch from the blurred picture. I´ll keep my fingers crossed. I´ll be all excited when I get to open the parcel to see what they really look like.

      Eliminar
  3. Hi. Nice to meet you!
    I'm from Japan.
    I'm a fan of Sylvanian Family too.
    Sylvanian Family is sold in Spain too!!
    That is interesting(^ ^)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Ayumi! Welcome to my blog! It´s nice to see how there are Sylvanian lovers all over the world!In Spain Sylvanian Families are not as popular as they are in other countries. Actually, all my shopping so far has been on line and even though I know there are shops that sell them I haven´t seen any yet. You´re like you´re from Japa. I guess SF must be very popular there.Nice to meet you too!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. You´re lucky you´re from Japan, I meant to say

    ResponderEliminar