viernes, 13 de mayo de 2016

My latest Sylvanian purchases

Dear Readers,

Today I´m going to show you some of my new purchases.In one of my older posts  "Saturday morning at the beautician´s"  I told you that Sylvanian Families were sold in Spain some years ago by a toy brand called "Bizak". A couple of weeks ago I found a  brand new boxed house by this brand.

This is how the box looks like: 

 Front view


 Side view


 Back view


I believe the house is "Rose Cottage". Am I right?. The spanish name was "Casa del Bosque" which means "House of the Forest"




So, a new house for my village!

When I contacted the seller by e-mail he told me he also  had some furniture sets for sale in case I was interested. He had a toy shop but closed it down.
When he sent me the picture I saw they were vintage Tomy sets so I bought them all for 5€ each.




The only sets I had seen before were the fridge and the green dressing table.

Let´s have a closer look at them


 Wash stand and accessories


The jar and the washbowl are made of ceramic. I like the details of the dressers legs. It´s made of plastic but it looks a bit like wood and the top of the dresser resembles marble.


 Bedside table and accessories


It´s cute, isn´t it? I like all the accessories.
This is how the box looks at the back and we can see how the two sets fit in a vintage bedroom.




Lounge armchair set 



 I love the smooth fabric of the armchairs. It feels velvety! The set also includes a picture.

Ornate dressing table and stool


I´m afraid the drawer is missing

 Ceramic tableware and kitchen utensils

 
The cutlery is tiny!
A closer look at one of the plates.

 



The back of the box shows other vintage ceramic sets and kitchen items.

 Fridge and accessories


This is the set I was more familiar with. It comes with tiny stickers that are meant to be fridge magnets
 

It looks like the fridge my grandma had! 

I also got this "piece of furniture" on ebay. I had never seen it before but after a bit of research  I know it´s called "Welsh dresser" and I think it´s also Tomy. I was wondering what the slots were for. Now I also know the original dressser came with some ceramic plates. I also bought it from a spanish seller for 5. At last I was lucky to buy something on ebay at a resonable price and free postage!!


Talking about being lucky, I´m glad I found a second hand "Harvester Restaurant" also from a spanish seller for 50€. I bid for it on ebay several times but it was impossible to win the auction. Price went always too high considering I had to pay a lot for postage.I really appreciate that Webbledflipper from the Sylvanian forum (she has lovely posts on her blog
sent me a message about this seller from Spain. She had met her on the Sylvanian´s Buy and Sell section on Facebook. I didn´t know about it. I bought it a couple of days ago so there are no pictures yet. I´m looking forward to receiving it.

And that´s all for today!
What do you think of my finds? I feel lucky I found them all in my country so that I didn´t have to spend so much on postage.

See you soon! Thank you for reading!

Lots of love 
  

13 comentarios:

  1. WOW! I love the tomy things, great finds. Rose Cottage has always been on my wishlist...
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you for your comment Emily! the Tomy sets were great finds and good value for money. The cottage is really nice. I like the bright red colour of the roof.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Excellent buys!! I love the TOMY era.
    I think that cottage is the Orchard Cottage, same shape as Rose Cottage but darker walls. I think I might have a spare drawer to that dresser! I'll look in my spares...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment Chill and for telling me my cottage is "Orchard Cottage". I noticed the walls were darker but as it had the same shape I thought it was Rose Cottage. Don´t you worry about the drawer, it doesn´t look that bad without it but thank you anyway. Tomy era is nice, I love all the vintage items you show in your blog.

      Eliminar
  4. The original Welsh dresser actually didn't come with plates, you had to buy them separately. :) I don't have the original plates so I filled my dresser up using a generic dollhouse ceramic set. You got a really good deal with everything! Grats! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much for your comment and for the information about the dresser! I thought the plates were also included with the dresser . I´ll buy a ceramic set, then .I tried to fit the Tomy plates I also bought but they´re too big.

      Eliminar
  5. What fantastic finds! I love that wash stand and the ceramic set.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you very much for your comment, Kyraja! The wash stand is one of my favourites and the ceramic set is very cute too. I´m looking forward to decorate a room using some of the items in these sets.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. LOVE the vintage furniture/accessories. Especially the wash stand and bedside table. So beautiful. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Thank you very much for your comment Nina! I´m glad I found these vintage sets at such a good price.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Wow. How did I miss this! What a beautiful haul of vintage Sylvanian items. I am envious:) They will look great in your Rose Cottage. And the Rose cottage is harder to find too.... as it's brown, with the white window panes. Usually the more common ones are white house with brown window panes. I much prefer this cottage as it goes perfectly stacked on the Vintage bakery. Really nice, cutata

    ResponderEliminar
  10. ps I think the Cottage with brown walls white window frame is called Orchard Cottage. The white walls, with brown window frame is Rose Cottage

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Thank you very much for your comment! I´ve been lucky to find these sets without paying so much for postage. Sometimes I pay more for postage than for the set.
    I thought the house was Rose Cottage but you´re right it´s Orchard Cottage.I like this one more with the brown walls.Looking forward to furnish it.

    ResponderEliminar