lunes, 4 de abril de 2016

The Hopkins Champagne Rabbit Family


Dear Readers,

This is the first time I dedicate a full post to one of my SF. I have bios and pictures of all of them but I think "The Champagne Rabbits" deserve a post just for themselves. 

Since I started my collection this family was first on my wishlist. The day I discovered SSK I meant to buy them  but I didn´t do it straight away and some time later they were gone:(

Not too long ago, someone from the Sylvanian Forum wrote a post telling they were available on Amazon UK. I was tempted to get them but I found them a bit expensive since I also had to pay the shipping cost.

I had them in my shopping basket for a while until the day I saw there were only two left in stock. Then I proceeded to checkout. I didn´t want to miss the chance to buy them brand new.

And here they are still in their box.


They are Flair so they have open hands and they look adorable!
I like the subtle pink colour of their fur and their clothes, special the dresses and the way the father´s outfit matches the colours of his wife´s dress.

I´m going to show you a picture to see how they look out of their box. They are in one of the gardens of Sweet Berry Valley where they are going to live.



Now, I´m going to tell you about two little accidents that Don, the family father, suffered the day I let them free from their package.

I had the "brilliant" idea of picking up some real flowers and plants for this picture.
I put the rabbits on a base of fake grass and they kept falling all the time! One of these times Don fell off and when I lifted up he had a green stain on his cheek! Probably from something I had on my hands because of the plants.

Horror! My brand new family! I panicked for a minute and rushed to the bathroom where I rubbed Don´s face with a wet towel, maybe harder than I should but I couldn´t remove the stain that way. It got even worse since it enlarged and turned brownish.
Then I tried with a bit of liquid soap. I put it on my finger and gently rubbed his face. Fortunately the stain started to fade away until it completely dissapeared. Phew! What a relieve!

As he was wet I let him dry on a stool in a sunny bedroom. Then I went to collect my children from school and nursery.
Back at home, I totally forgot about Don lying naked on the stool but all of a sudden I remembered and run to the bedroom where I left him
Can you guess where poor Don was?
I panicked again! He was about to end up in my baby´s boy mouth (he´s already got lots of teeth! so imagine!)
I was very quick, I shouted "NO!" and grabbed him from his little hand. He started crying. I don´t know if it was because I took "his new toy" away from him or because the way I yelled.
The good thing was that Don was safe once again!
I would have gone mad if he had left his teeth marked on my brand new champagne father´s ears!

After these two incidents Don needed to sit down and relax next to his wife,Adrianne. He seems a bit more relaxed now!



Their children  Roger and Rosa are also with them in the garden.

Roger is a bit thirsty . Will this be drinking water? he asked himself.


Rosa loves smelling flowers. Spring is her favourite season. So many flowers around!( not real ones this time, though :)

 
One more family picture.


" Are you Ok Don?" Adrianne asked placing a soft kiss on her husband´s cheek.

"I am indeed, I feel much better now" Don said with a smile.

A tender kiss can heal everything.


Aren´t they cute? 

I added a bio for them at the end of the my blog page "My Sylvanian Families"

Thank you for reading! I hope everything is going well with you all.

Lots of love





14 comentarios:

  1. I love the Champagne rabbits and should get them too - especially after seeing your fantastic pictures! Poor Don, he had a hard time; but I'm glad he survived :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you for your comment Kyraja! I´m really glad I got this family. They are lovely! Don was very lucky! My baby son´s teeth can bite hard! I know what I´m talking about.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. That was quite an adventure! So glad Don's story had a happy end!
    Your pictures are awesome, so bright and colourful! I love this family, and now...you should go after the Champagne triplets of course, lol!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, sylvanako! LOL:)You read my mind about the triplets! I´m afraid they won´t be easy to get but I don´t lose my hope.

      Eliminar
  4. Lovely pictures! So beautiful!
    I love the Champagne rabbits. What an adventurous day for Don! I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank for your comment, Chill! I remember leaving a comment on your blog about The Champagne a few months ago.I´m glad I finally got them too. I loved the names you used for your Champagne family.

      Eliminar
  5. They are a beautiful family, the pink is subtle and matches their clothes so well!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment, Aranera! You´re right. The colour of their fur goes really well with their clothes.It is one of the families that look nicer than I expected.

      Eliminar
  6. They look such a nice family! Phew, luckily don was ok after his little adventure!
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank for your comment, Emily! Don was very lucky.That green stain first and my baby´s open mouth about to "eat" him stressed me out a bit but fortunately nothing really serious happened to him.

      Eliminar
  7. Cutata,

    Don, Adrianne, Roger and Rosa are such a LOVELY family!! :))

    I can hardly believe the story your told about poor Don! All that he went through! But really, I can't see a mark on him on the photographs, so he seems to have recovered very well. :))

    Hope your baby boy recovered from your scream also. ;)

    Best wishes,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment Nina! Don has a cheeerful personality so he´s totally recovered. My baby son is kind of use hearing me shouting "NO" lots of times. He´s a little rascal who tends to do things he shouldn´t. I hope he changes as he grows older. In the meantime, I´ll keep my Sylvanians far away from him, just in case.

      Eliminar
  8. Poor Don! Ha ha ha ha!!! What an adventure for a dear little rabbit! Beautiful family they are. Adorable!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment Montse! Don went through a bad time but me too for a while!

      Eliminar