sábado, 9 de abril de 2016

Seaside Ice-Cream Shop Review

Dear Readers,

A few days ago I shared with you my excitement for winning the second prize on a Sylvanian Families photo competition.

I promised I would show you the prize as soon as I got it, so today I´m going to write a review about the "Seaside Ice-Cream Shop"

Hope you like it!

First thing I found when I opened the parcel was a nice surprise: some baloons, shopping bags, 2016 catalogues, notebooks and stickers.




Just under all these little gifts was the "Seaside Ice-Cream Shop".

As soon as I took the box outside the parcel what first caught my eye was the figure that comes with this set. Striped cat mother Amelia Sandy. I´ll show you some pictures later on. She looks so pretty in her yellow dress! 
   
This is the front of the box

 

This is the back of the box.

 

On one of the sides of the box we can see all the included items.


On the other side we can see how the ice cream shop can be connected to the seaside restaurant and to the cruiser house boat.


These are all the items that come inside. I´m going to show them to you in more detail.




This is the front view of the basic structure of the shop.


This is how it looks at the back.


This is the sticker that goes on the ice-cream cone.

Some lemon wedges, blue railings, stairs and a big double scoop of ice-cream complete the structure of the building.

 
 A closer look at the lemon wedges.


Have a close looks at the stairs too. It seems they are made of wafer.


The double scoop of ice cream can be turned 180º.

 





When turned completely it reveals a conceled bench mainly for Sylvanian babies to enjoy an ice-cream in a quiet place.


Talking about seats, these are the seats and table that come with this set.They are made of hard yellow plastic.

To be honest with you,I´m not particularly fond of them. The table and the small seats looks like bottle tops to me but the truth is that they match the decoration of the shop when it´s all set up (they go well with the lemon wedges and the border of the building).The double seat swings sideways.


Actually, they improve with the stickers on.

 
However, the rest of the accesorizes are quite nice. Look at all these ice-creams cornets and scoops.
The good thing abut the scoops is that you can place one on top of the other to make your ice-cream as large as you want.
The flavours are lemon, orange, strawberry, blueberry, vanilla,melon (green),mint (blue)and chocolate


There are three ice-cream holders to place the ice-creams.


And two bowls with two spoons if you prefer to eat your ice-cream that way.


Along with the small spoons comes an ice-cream scoop.


Something I really like about the items that are in this set is this one. I think it´s really cute, colourful and original.


I also like the way the scoops of ice-cream can be served using the ice-cream scoop. They fit perfectly in the spoon and it feels as if it has a kind of magnet.


And now I´m going to show you Amelia Sandy.
I love her dress and the bow she has on her ear.


A closer look to notice how nice her dress straps are and how cute is the bow she´s wearing. She´s lovely, dont you think so?


 Now, the ice-cream parlour is all set up. 
You see what I mean about the set of table and seats matching the decor of the shop? They look better when they are part of the buiding than just on their own.


I just got carried away taking pictures so I´m going to post some of them. Hope you don´t get bored.



What´s your favourite ice-cream flavour?






 The ice-cream shop is getting busy!




 A lovely sunny day, a tasty ice-cream and a chat with a good friend. Isn´t it a perfect plan?



 Yummy! Just for the two of us! What a nice treat!






I´m afraid Coco will have to share his ice-cream.



Wow! Look at the size of these ice-creams!



It seems the ice-cream shop is going to be a favourite spot for my Sylvanians.



 Fancy an ice-cream?




I hope you liked my review and helped you to have a better idea of how the seaside ice-cream shop looks like.
I´m very grateful to sylvanian Families for choosing my picture and giving me this prize.

By the way, I found a Sylvanian colouring picture of the ice-cream shop, just in case you have young kids and they like colouring.You can find it here

 

I´m considering who is going to own this shop in my village. Even though Amelia is well suited for this business I had another family in mind before receiving the shop. I´m not sure what I´ll decide eventualy.

I also think that Amelia Sandy looks very similar to the Macavities. I know they´re different families but they look nearly the same, am I right? So,more than likely Amelia will end up being one of the Macavities relatives. I´ll have to think about it...

And that´s all for today. As usual,I´d like to thank you all for reading and I hope you have a nice day!

Lots of love


 

18 comentarios:

  1. Cutata,


    The stickers and notebooks that were included are very pretty and Amelia Sandy is simply STUNNING.

    I love the photo of her where she is holding up an ice cream cone. So, so, so cute. :))

    I agree with you, there is something not so great about the yellow translucent furniture. I think it might have looked better if they had made the furniture out of orange wafer (like the stairs).

    Thank you for showing the shop in such detail. I think it is a lovely set and I am so happy that your Sylvanians are able to enjoy some delicious ice cream from now on! :)

    P.S.: One of my favourite flavours is Malaga. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Nina!
    Thank you very much for your comment! You´re right! The furniture would look much nicer if they were made of "wafer" like the stairs and the cones from the ice-cream counter.
    I´ll ask Sandy to have some Malaga ice-cream for you ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Awww, thanks so much for asking Sandy to make some for me. ;)

      I actually had some ice cream today! I got it at the ice cream shop in my town. It was delicious. :)) The flavours I had were:

      - Zabaione
      - Malaga :D
      - Walnut and Figs
      - Strawberry

      Have a pleasant Sunday!

      Eliminar
    2. Wow Nina! There´s no doubt you like ice-cream! What a feast! Lovely flavours! I wouldn´t mind an ice-cream now but I haven´t got any in my freezer.Talking about ice-cream these days is giving me a craving for ice-cream.

      Eliminar
  3. Ooooh! What a lovely package! The ice cream set was never a favorite of mine but is begining to grow on me.
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Emily! Thank you very much for leaving a comment! To be honest with you I didn´t have in mind to buy this set as I already have the soft serve ice cream shop but as it was a prize I´m quite happy with it. The figure is lovely and the ice cream cones with so many scoops too.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Great review! The shop looks way better with the plants and flowers you have added! And Amelia is an adorable figure! I am sure your critters will be very happy with their new shop!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi sylvanako! Thank you very much for your comment! My critters have a sweet tooth and they are delighted with the ice-cream shop.

      Eliminar
  6. Thank you for that lovely review! It was great to see the ice-cream shop "in action". I love the ice cream counter, it looks fabulous!
    I agree with sylvanako; it looks great with the flowers you added! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kyraja! Thank you very much for your comment! The ice cream counter is my favourite. I wasn´t very proud of the plants and flowers arrangement. I did it very quickly just mixing bunches of fake plants here and there but it´s true that a background always improves the pictures. It looked very plain just on its own.

      Eliminar
  7. What a simply gorgeous set! I love Amelia Sandy (perhaps she and my Maisie Fisher could be friends, since they are both cats who sell ice cream :D) - her dress is lovely. The ice cream counter is so cool, I appreciate the detail in how you can scoop the ice cream :) Your set up of the shop is so pretty, and I like seeing your villagers enjoy and use the shop. The whole set is so well co-ordinated, I agree the plastic furniture looks better in the shop rather than by itself because it matches the lemon wedge railing. Wonderful review!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Aranera! Thank you very much for your comment! I remember Maisie Fisher from your last post.She´s adorable. As I said I don´t know what to do about who are going to be owners of the ice-cream shop. I had Daisy Buttercup in mind when I bought the soft serve ice-cream shop because when I wrote the bio for the Buttercups I said that Annabell Buttercup would love to own an ice cream shop and she already knew how to make ice-cream. But Amelia Sandy fits so well in this shop that I have my doubts. I´m sure Maisie and Amelia could be very good friends.

      Eliminar
  8. Excellent review. It certainly makes the shop look appetising! I've got the ice cream van & it has similar small accessories. I love Mrs Sandy's dress!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Chill! Thank you very much for leaving a comment! The ice-cream van is really nice too. I thought of getting it at some stage but as I also have the serve soft ice-cream shop I think my critters have plenty of ice cream to choose from.

      Eliminar
  9. What a lovely review thanks cutata. I didn't know the seaside ice cream shop could be connected to the cruiser. Great idea. Those icecreams in the cone look so realistic and delicious. Now you make me feel like I want an icecream!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Thank you very much for your comment! LOL! these days I´m having a craving for ice-cream too. The ice-cream cones and scoops look very realistic but I feel like eating real ice-cream! Yummy!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. This is really a fantastic review, thank you. I was never sure if I wanted it, but now I know for sure. Thank you once again!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hi Eaton! Thank you very much for your comment! I´m glad you liked my review. I didn´t have in mind buying when I first saw it since I already have the soft serve ice cream shop but now I´m happy I have it and as it is a prize I´m even happier:)

    ResponderEliminar