miércoles, 4 de marzo de 2020

A new family in Sweet Berry Valley: The Caramels

Dear Readers,

There is a new family in Sweet Berry Valley and there will also be a new shop very soon.
In today´s post I´ll tell you a bit about this family and why they decided to move to Sweet Berry Valley to start a new business.

Vivian and Lance Caramel love art.They met at the Sylvanian Academy of Fine Arts when they started studying drawing and painting.



Even though their dream was to make a career as fine artists they soon realized it was tough to make a living by only selling their artwork.

They needed a way to support themselves and still find enough time to devote to their passion for painting.


Lance became a part-time art teacher and Vivian found a job at an art gallery. Both enjoyed their art-related jobs as they not only paid their bills but also fueled their creativity and were a source of inspiration for their own artwork.



One fine day ,Lance was painting at his studio when he ran out of paint.
The truth was that finding art supplies in Sylvania wasn´t easy as there were very few art shops. Vivian and Lance had to order their supplies from a catalogue with the inconvinience of having to wait for their package to arrive for at least a week or longer.



It was then when Lance came up with the idea of setting up an arts and crafts store.
He told his wife about starting their own business and Vivian totally approved and supported her husband´s initiative. 
Of all the villages in Sylvania they chose Sweet Berry Valley as it is well known for Arts in all its forms.Arts play an important role in the education of children at Berry Grove School and the Forest Nursery.

Lance and Vivian contacted Mayor Cameron Moss and Agatha Buckley, the school headmistress and the arts and craft teacher at Berry Grove School, to let them know about their desire to set up an arts and crafts store in the village.




Both seemed to be very pleased with the idea and Agatha Buckley was particularly excited at the thought of having a local shop to buy art supplies for her students.

(Hope you like these two photos. It was really hard to make the children sit properly and hold their colored pencils. My ten year old daughter drew the pictures)


This is the reason Vivian , Lance and their two children, Carlie and little Justin moved to Sweet Berry Valley.



They have only been in the village for a few months but they have already settled in and their shop will be open soon.





********************************************************************************

The prompt for challenge#4 in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community  was Art and Artists.
At first, I only intended to make some miniature art supplies. Then, I thought I could set up an arts and crafts shop to display the supplies I made and finally, when I had to choose the shop owners,I felt the need of explaining why The Caramels moved to Sweet Berry Valley to open their new business.
The Caramel Dog family is one of the last two families I added to  my collection (The Chihuahua family is the other one).
I love the Caramel dogs since I first saw them and I´m happy this prompt inspired me to introduce them in Sweet Berry Valley.
As for the miniature art supplies, I made some for today´s post but you´ll see more when the arts and crafts shop is finished.I still need to take some pictures.

Hugs!

13 comentarios:

  1. The Caramels are a great choice as artists! I love their studio, all the mini art equipment are wonderfully made! I also love the drawings both in the studio and especially the ones made by your daughter! I really enjoyed looking at all your lovely and detailed photos! Can't wait for their art shop!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      I really appreciate your kind comment!
      I´m glad you think the Caramels are a good choice as artists. I thought the same when I saw the pictures you took of Theodore Maple painting in his lovely studio. I love the hat you made for him.
      My daughter is really happy to know you liked her tiny drawings. She really admires all your pictures so she feels honoured by your kind words

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  2. Your new caramel dogs are very cute, Cutata! I can't wait to see their store once it opens! I really like all the paintings, palettes, etc that you have featured in this post - did you make them?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry, I just read the end of your post more carefully, and realised you did make all the art supplies! They look fantastic. :o)

      Eliminar
    2. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you very much for your kind words!
      I made all the mini art supplies but I didn´t paint all the paintings. I will at some stage when I have more time but the miniatures took me a lot of time so I left the artwork for the Caramels,haha:) (I printed some images from the web)

      Have a lovely weekend!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata,

    Thank you for yet another delightful post! Your entries always make my day with your wonderful pictures and lovely stories. :)

    The Caramel dogs are the cutest, aren't they? I absolutely adore them and I believe they were a great choice for this prompt. I love how Vivian and Lance were already working in professions related to their passion, art, before deciding to open their arts and crafts store. A very realistic and adorable idea! I love all the tiny arts and crafts supplies you made. The canvases are perfect, as are the drawings your daughter made! I also loved the scene in their living room, so cozy!
    I smiled at your caption below the pictures with all the children and Agatha in the school. I can imagine how difficult must have been to get everything and everyone to stay still, haha!
    They're both very adorable pictures, absolutely worth the effort! :)

    I already love the Caramel's shop by what we can see of it in the last picture! Loved to see the Kennelworth twins working on it (and holding a real-life sized paintbrush, too!), such a cute detail. Can't wait to see the rest in your next post! :)

    Loved the post, thank you again!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thanks a lot for your comment! Your kind words are always appreciated.
      I´m glad you enjoyed this post. It was a last time decision but I thought I should give some information about the Caramels´ background before the opening of their shop.
      Thank you for cherishing my pictures. Some of them took a long time to take. Stuff and figures kept falling once and again!That really drives me mad!
      As you have seen , the Kennelworth twins are doing their job. They´re struggling to put such a big paintbrush in the right place:)

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  4. You've produced another lovely piece of work, Cutata.

    The paintings and art materials you've created look great, and the detail and variety of locations are, as always, a visual treat and require repeated viewings to catch everything.

    I certainly appreciate your skill and endurance getting the critters to hold the brushes and posed just right. I agree the caramel dogs are cute, and their clothing is original.

    Truly lovely.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks a lot for your kind comment!
      It makes me happy to know you enjoyed my pictures and that you appreciate the effort it takes to make the critters hold their brushes/pencils and to pose them properly.
      I enjoyed making the miniature art supplies and I would have loved to paint all the paintings myself but time is always a big issue so some of the paintings are free images I printed from the web.
      The Caramels are a lovely family. I really like the alpine printed dresses the mother and daughter are wearing. I miss a brother figure in this family but we know the new trend is including a baby figure instead.

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Eliminar
  5. Hello Cutata,
    I'm Nan. I just registered this for comment you only.
    Welcome to Sweet Berry Valley, caramel dogs. I love the caramel dogs so much. Your art works make me feel amazing. You and your daughters did it very well. I really love the two pics that you wrote and couldn't agree more with you that it's hard to make the kids sit properly and hole sth. Also I love your 10 years old daughter draw.
    Have a nice day
    Big hug to you and your family Cutata

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Nan!
    What a delightful surprise to find your comment on my blog!
    Thanks for visiting! I´m happy to know you like the Caramel dogs.I love them too and I was looking forward to introducing them in Sweet Berry Valley, my sylvanian village. My daughter is also happy to know you like the pictures she drew. She says thank you.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and best wishes to you , your family and your sylvanians.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello Cutata,


    Another interesting story with inspiring photographs.

    I love the picture of the Caramels on the phone in their living room and the one of Cameron Moss. The vintage Sylvanian furniture is awesome.

    Your daughter's paintings are lovely. How nice of her to help you with this post.


    Hope you and your family are well. Take care.


    Nina & the Riversiders

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Nina!

    Thank you so much for your kind words!

    I agree with you, there´s something special about vintage Sylvanian furniture. I was lucky to find the desk set , brand new and at a very reasonable price. I love Tomy vintage sets.

    I´ll tell my daughter you complimented her on her little paintings. She doesn´t usually play with sylvanians but she likes giving me a hand when I asked her to do something related to them.

    Hope you and your loved ones are fine. Take care,my friend!

    Kind regards to the Riversiders and a special hello to the Periwinkles.

    ResponderEliminar