sábado, 18 de marzo de 2023

The Splashys´home

Dear Readers,
Amanda and Glenn are totally settled in their new cottage. Their home is fully furnished and decorated. It is even ready for the arrival of their baby.
Today,you are invited to have a tour around it.



This is the living room. Amanda tried to match the colour of the curtains and the cushions to the wallpaper and the sofas.I think she did a good job on coordinating colours.


The picture on the wall was one of the gifts included in the welcome basket Narrisa Neptune gave to the Splashy when they moved to Sweet Berry Valley.
The photo in the green frame was taken on their wedding day and the teapot was a present from Amanda´s mother.


Her mother used to say "A cup of tea makes everything better" and she was right, especially when it is  shared with a good friend.
Amanda and Narrisa became best friends and, at least, once a week they meet for a chat, a nice cup of tea and a cinnamon roll, of course.





Amanda and Glenn also enjoy spending time in their living room.Glenn loves to sit down and relax next to his wife after a hard day at work.Every day they read a new chapter of the book for parents-to-be that Carol gave them the day they bought baby stuff at the Country Market.



The kitchen is also located on the ground floor.


Glenn has a great appetite but he also enjoys cooking and is quite good at it. Seafood and fish dishes are his speciality.


The bedroom is on the top floor.
As you can see, the crib is already next to their bed.If Amanda´s hunch comes true,I´m afraid they´ll have to buy a bigger crib.



Amanda is really enjoying the preparations for her baby´s arrival.



The bathroom is next to their bedroom.



Even though it is small,there is enough place to fit a washing machine which according to Amanda it is one the best inventions ever.I totally agree with her.



Here you have a full view of the ground floor.


Full view of the top floor.


Full view of the house.



That´s all for today.Hope you have enjoyed the house tour.

Bye, bye Amanda!Take care! We´ll pay you a visit when your baby (or babies) are born. Lovely flowers, by the way! A sign that spring is just around the corner.



Thanks for reading!
See you soon with new happenings in Sweet Berry Valley!

Hugs!








8 comentarios:

  1. Hi Cutata!

    I really enjoyed this tour of the Splashy's home. It's really cozy and seems very comfortable. Everything is ready for the arrival of their little one(s), too! :D

    I love how you also included pictures of Glenn and Amanda enjoying their home.

    Love the colours on their living room and the cushions and blanket! And their bedding as well. Are those fabric items hard to make?

    Thanks for another wonderful post!

    Big hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thanks a lot for you comment!
      I´m glad you liked the house tour.
      I made the cushions and the blanket in the living room with a mismatched glove. I just used scissors and glue. You know sewing is not my thing.The bedding is sylvanian. I added a piece of lace as the turnover and a piece of an old scarf as a blanket. Quick and easy to make!

      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Cutata.

    This post is simply beautiful. It reminds me how your work helped to make me more interested in Sylvanians. Like Sylvanako, the attention to detail, choice and positioning of characters is always remarkable. Add to this the gentle, feel-good factor of your stories and your eye for colour (the co-ordination of the decor in this story is so artistic) and you have the full deal.

    It is good to see Glenn and Amanda's home and the preparation for their imminent parenthood. Thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks a million for your kind words!
      I´m happy to know my sylvanian world made you more interested in Sylvanians. Sylvanian wouldn´t be the same without Mellowdene and its residents.
      I enjoy decorating houses. I have pictures of two more houses I furnished long ago. I´ll post them at some stage in the coming months. I took so many pictures from different angles that I still have to select the best ones.

      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  3. I wouldn't expect less from you than this amazing home! So bright and beautiful colours from the wallpaper to the cushions! I love the tea set! And their bedroom is so warm and cozy! They are totally ready to welcome the new family member(s)!
    I can't describe how much I enjoyed all your posts, they left me so wonderful feelings and a smile on my face! It feels like this is the real world! Now I am going back to see them again and enjoy all the little details!
    Take care my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi my friend!
      I really appreciate your kind words!
      Your comment made my day and encourage me to keep "sylvanianing".
      I´m glad to know my last posts made you feel well and put a smile on your face.
      A bih hug!

      Eliminar
  4. A gorgeous house, Cutata. I think Glen and Amanda did a wonderful job decorating.

    I have to agree with Jackson. Your artistic flair and photographs just blow me away. I find a visit to your blog always helps to rekindle my interest and motivation in Sylvanians.

    Well it looks like the Splashys are well prepared in the arrival of their baby! I suppose all they can do now is settle down and wait? It must be very exciting! I wish them all the best and hope you too are having a good month of May!
    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      It means a lot to me to know visiting my blog is a way to rekindle your interest and motivation in Sylvanians. For several reasons, my motivation is not as high as it used to be but I still love them.
      Reading positive feedback like yours gives me a boost of motivation to keep enjoying this hobby so I really appreciate your comment.
      The Splashy have everything ready for the arrival of their baby(s) but I still have to take pictures of that part of the story!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar