lunes, 5 de agosto de 2019

Sylvanian Families Home Sweet Home Living Room Set

Dear Readers,

Today I want to share with you one of my latest arrivals. A vintage living room set I bought some weeks ago.I´m not totally sure but I think it was released on 1987, in case I´m wrong I would appreciate to know the exact date.
I couldn´t belive my eyes when I found this set on a spanish buying and selling site.It  was brand new in box and the price was very reasonable. I had always wanted to have this living room. I love SF families but I also have a soft spot for furniture sets and this one had been on my wishlist for a long time.




The stickers were still in their plastic bag!



I never thought I was going to find this set brand new. Isn´t it great?


This cabinet bookcase is one of the pieces of furniture I like the most. 

It comes with eight books and a silver picture frame.



Here are the books after pasting the stickers.




I have the same cabinet in green but I like this one more.





There were also stickers for two picture frames.



The armchairs have velvet upholstery and look quite sturdy.


This set comes with two tables and two lovely tableclothes:
A coffe table



and a round dining room table with four chairs.
Even though all the pices of furniture are made out of plastic, they look as if they were made out of wood.



The sets includes two cups, two saucers and two spoons.
I don´t like the spoons. I wonder why they are white.Maybe they wanted them to look like they were ceramic. This idea has just crossed out my mind.It makes sense.All the cuttlery of the Harvester Restaurant is also whilte. White plastic spoons would suit a camping set but not a living room like this one or a restaurant.Don´t you think so?




I love the embroidery tablecloth!



Finally, this lamp is also part of the set.




The lampshade can be used as a dress, haha!
Peter was quite shocked when he saw Peace wearing it.



"Do you like it, Peter?"
"Nice lamp…, I mean nice dress! Yes, you look lovely…"He didn´t sound very convinced.




The whole  living room set.



I meant to finish the post with this picture but it didn´t do it justice. So I tried to improve it a little bit. Better now?





Now that the living room is set up properly,I´m going to take the opportunity to show you a sylvanian vintage ceramic tea set I bought second hand some time ago.
Sebastian Cheshire kindly offered to prepare tea for the occasion and he even brought some cakes! He is so kind and thoughtful! 




"Anyone for tea?" I´m sure some of you wouldn´t mind sitting here and enjoying a nice cup of tea and a cake, am I right?
Sebastian reminded me The Tuxedo family was still in its box since Christmas. They were one of my Christmas presents.
"Why don´t we treat them for tea? He suggested.
"Good idea, Sebastian!"

So I let them out and in the twinkling of an eye, the smell of just brewed tea and cakes led them to the living room.
Rose and Lily sat at the table looking forward to eating one of those delicious cakes.They were so hungry!
Mason and Natalie introduced themselves to Sebastian and thanked him for such a nice welcome.




The Marlowes were delighted!What a nice treat!




When they finished their tea, Sebastian came back to clear the table. The Marlowes thanked Sebastian again and had a small chat about Sweet Berry Valley and its villagers.

Natalie and Mason asked Sebastian if they could stay in the living room for a bit longer.
"Of course!Make yourself at home".

Rose asked her father to reach a book from the cabinet ."What about this one?: "Holly Wildwood at the party concert ", it sounds interesting".



The Marlowes look as relaxed as if they were at their own home.




Mason and Natalie talked about their future plans. I couldn´t hear the whole conversation but I overheard some words such as babies, big city, big house, renting, school, new job…


Will the Marlowe family stay in Sweet Berry Valley or will they  move to the big city?
I´m  just throwing this question out there because I have no answer yet.

The Tuxedos are lovely but their looks suit the town more than the village life, don´t you think so? They look so elegant and classy in their satin outfits!
We´ll see what happens… 
Something I like about this family is theI fact that the father is black and the mother is white.I like the idea of mixed race couples. 


There is just one more thing I would like to show you. Last weekend, I went to a shopping centre where there is a toy shop that sells the shopping series blind bags.
To my surprise, they were cheaper than last time I was there. They went down from 8€ to 5€ which is a very reasonable price.
I was over the moon when I got the Tuxedo baby cat with the trolley. He´s so cute!.As I didn´t have the baby when I took these pictures we´ll just pretend he was having a nap while his parents and sisters were having tea in the living room.



He is standing on a summer dress I also bought yesterday.The floral pattern is so sylvanian!These critters have such a big influence in my life!Haha!


I wrote this post with the only intention to show you my new living room and I ended up showing you a ceramic tea set, a new family and my latest SF baby figure.Inevitably,one thing led to another… Anyway, the four are new additions to my collection so I hope you have enjoyed reading about them.

Hugs!





14 comentarios:

  1. Wow, that's such a cute living room. I like all of the books and the armchairs and the cabinet and, well, everything! You were very lucky indeed to receive it brand new. Unfortunately, although I know about the set, I don't know the date it came out. I laughed when I saw Peace wear the lampshade as a dress, very creative of her, but still a bit strange for Peter :D Well, I look forward to knowing more about your Tuxedo/Marlowe family. Have a great day, Emilie

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emily!
      Thank you for your kind words!
      It is indeed a lovely living room. I like vintage sylvanian furniture and this set was one of my favourites. I´m so happy to have all the accessories, such as the books and the tablecloths.
      I think I´ll have to get a new dress for Peace. She is a bit bohemian and so is Peter but wearing a lampshade it´s not a good idea, I´m afraid.
      As for the Tuxedos I still haven´t got any plans for them. I have so many families that I´m running out of ideas.I´ll have to think what they´re going to do for a living if they decide to settle in Sweet Berry Valley.

      Have a lovely day!

      Eliminar
  2. Wow, Cutata, you are so lucky to have this living room set and even more lucky to have the black tuxedo baby! I am absolutely smitten with him and when I saw his picture I nearly squealed with excitement! He's so cute! Thankfully the shopping series has now been released here so I can start buying!
    I've never seen this living room set before, but it's gorgeous! Everything about it is lovely!
    The lampshade is beautiful, and makes a very pretty dress! How creative of Peace! By the way, it's lovely to see them appearing in your posts-I hope they are enjoying life together; they make a very cute couple!
    You're right about the Marlowes. They do seem a little too classy for village life! I look forward to hearing about their decision!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks very much for your comment!
      I ´m very lucky indeed! The living room was one of my favourite vintage furniture sets and the tuxedo baby one of my favourites of the shopping series.I was delighted when my daughter opened the blind bag and told me "It´s the little black cat". This little cutie made my day!

      Peace and Peter are very happy together. They´re very busy at the moment selling cocktails at their beach bar.

      The Tuxedos are too classy for village life but they´re lovely. We´ll see...

      Have a lovely day!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata!

    Thank you for another enjoyable post! You managed to find such a wonderful vintage set, and brand new! Was it on Wallapop? I adore the brown furniture, velvety seats and gorgeous tablecloths! Loved Peace wearing the lampshade too, haha!

    The Tuxedos are perfect to try this furniture set. I love how you displayed it, what beautiful wallpaper! I'm sure Sebastian was the perfect host. The Tuxedos sure seem ahead of the times, since their clothes are indeed similar to the ones the city Sylvanians wear!

    How perfect that you got the Tuxedo baby with his trolley in the blind bag! He's so precious, one of my favourites for sure. Looking forward to having him! I went to a Poly store yesterday but the only had the music band blind bags, sadly. I'll keep looking!


    Have a great week!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Yes! I found it on Wallapop.I usually have a look from time to time to see if I find something interesting and I couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw this set for sale.

      The Tuxedos couldn´t be happier to have tea in this living room. It´s funny how this family was released much earlier than the Town Series. They fit perfectly into the city life. Their clothes and style are very classy but I´ll try to find a way to fit them into my village. They´re lovely!

      Hope you find a toy shop that sells the shopping series soon.

      Have a lovely day!

      Eliminar
  4. This is my all time favourite sf furniture set, I have most parts too but not complete, you were very lucky to find it new! I love the room diorama you created and the scenes with the Tuxedos are adorable! Also using the ceramic set was a great idea! And I had a giggle with the 'dress'! Thanks for another wonderful post!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Sylvanako!
    Thanks very much for your kind words! I was looking forward to adding this set to my collection. I was about to get it a few times on eBay, even though it wasn´t complete and the price was high, but sometimes it´s worth waiting and I´m glad I did.

    The ceramic set was also on my wish list for a long time.SF vintage sets are so special!

    The Tuxedos were delighted to be the first ones to have tea in this living room. I think it really suits them.

    Have a lovely day!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow that's a great find, it's so rare to find one, complete, but mint in box is just a miracle ! Congratulations on getting it !! The little babie is so cute :-)
    Hope you have a nice summer
    hugs

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi Arcadia!
    Thanks a lot! I was very lucky!It was a very good deal and I didn´t have to pay high postage charges.The shopping series babies are adorable and the little baby cat was my favourite.
    Hope you´re enjoying your summer too!
    Have a nice day!
    Hugs

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Cutata! Congratulations on your lovely acquisitions. The furniture is classy, and you have displayed it perfectly. The little scene with Sebastian and the Marlowes was sweet, as is that little black kitten! The Marlowe family has only just made an appearance and they already have a new addition to their family. Peace is inventive with her shady frock. I told Rowan and he had a good laugh, remembering his visit to Sweet Berry Valley.
    I hope you're having a lovely August.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks you for your kind words!
      I was very lucky with the blind bag!I was looking forward to adding the little black kitten to my collection. I´d love to add some more. Hope the Marlowes don´t mind having a big family!Haha

      Peter and Peace say hello to Rowan!

      Have a lovely day!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  9. Oh wow! You’re very lucky!
    It looks like a beautiful set...I definitely agree with you on the cutlery...I feel like gold or silver would have suited a living room setting better
    The tuxedo cats were one of the first families I bought, so its nice to see them in this post. I still don’t have the baby however, so maybe I should try to get him in a blind bag too^^
    I think the silk outfits definitely suit the town vibes more than the village ones
    I love the ceramic set! So cute!
    I look forward to seeing what happens to the Marlowe family in the future!
    Isla

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla!
      The Tuxedos are lovely and when I set up the living room I pictured them having tea so I decided to unbox them. I´m glad I did. I love looking at them.I don´t have any plans for them at the moment. I have some other half-finished projects in mind.
      Hope you´re lucky with the blind bags!

      Have a nice day!
      Hugs

      Eliminar