martes, 3 de julio de 2018

Betty Blackberry´s juice bar

Dear Readers,

The aim of the last miniature crafting challenge was to work on unfished projects or start a new one in case you didn´t have anything to finish.

This challenge and the arrival of summer gave me the "push" I needed to make something I had in mind since I bought the SF "Juice bar" set, around a year and a half ago. 



Betty Blackberry runs the Juice Bar in Sweet Berry Valley throughout the spring and summer, providing everybody with delicious, healthy and refreshing fruit drinks and tasty homemade jams.



Fruit juices in summer are perfect to beat the heat and to protect your body from dehydration but poor Betty has to stay long hours under the blazing hot sun at risk of sunstroke .I wonder if her black tipped-ears have something to do with sunburn.



One day of scorching heat, while she was waiting for thirsty customers, Betty sat down under the shade of a tree."It would be nice to have some shelter from the sun" she said to herself. 


No sooner said than done,a few weeks later, this is what Betty´s juice bar looked like.



At last, Betty will be able to run her small business and protect herself from the sun.
As she is also very considerate of her customers, Betty set up a table and  some seats beneath the shade of an umbrella so that they can sit down and relax while they´re having a juice.



Sitting outside on a nice summer´s day with a juice in hand is one of the most relaxing and refreshing things one can do.
That´s why Betty´s juice bar is such a popular spot during the summer months.
The Maces love Betty´s juices and they are regular customers.






The Moss family visits Betty´s juice bar daily.  They really enjoy a refreshing glass of juice on the hot summer´s days.




Postman Pete always appreciates Betty´s kind gesture of offering him a glass of juice. 
"You must be thirsty, Pete! Here´s a juice for you"
"Many thanks, Mrs. Blackberry! I´m parched! It´s so hot today!" 




Daisy Buttercup had the great idea of asking Betty to blend fruit with "the best milk in Sylvania" and the result was so SMOOTH that now she also makes smoothies.




Raspberries, bananas, a splash of orange juice and fresh milk ...Healthy and yummy.





Sometimes, Daisy Buttercup has good ideas!



I considered this project as an unfinished one because I had planned to do it lots of times before but I never got on with it.
I even thought it could be a good choice for the previous challenge "It´s too hot" but instead, I got carried away with the beach theme.
It was high time that Betty had a proper juice bar that helped her to escape for the scorching sunshine.

I made the structure of the building out of a cereal box.

Monty and Rufus covered the building with 
wood planks (bamboo sticks from a table mat)



I used a piece of fabric for the awning.



I wallpapered the inside and I made a small shelve out of a green peg to display Betty´s homemade jams.They´re also delicious!




 I also placed this small piece of furniture for storage.



Rufus and Monty are going to have a well-deserved glass of juice for their good job.




Betty´s juices are packed with vitamins and minerals as they are made with the organic fruit grown at the Dale´s orchards.

Every morning Ewan Dale delivers Betty all the freshly picked fruit she needs to stock her fruit stand.

" I´ve just picked these blackberries for you, Betty".
"Thank you, Ewan! They look delicious"


Blackberry juice is Betty´s favourite.
Here she is enjoying a glass of this juice with her two daughters Ivette and Ingrid. 



Vegetables juices are also very popular at Betty´s bar.
Carrot juice is a best-selling and Betty´s  best friend´s favourite.




 It´s nice to have a chat with a good friend over a healthy and refreshing drink.



"Fancy a juice? Help yourself!"



Thank you for reading!
Hope you enjoyed today´s post.

A big hug!


Susan Wheller´s illustration




8 comentarios:

  1. You did it again Cutata! You created a wonderful shop for the juice bar out of ordinary items, so very clever and the final result is so cute and beautiful! Your photos are wonderful too, I am so happy you started an Instagram account and more people will admire your photos, stories and creations!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Sylvanako! The shop for the juice bar is quite simple but I think it is a nice addition to this set. Betty´s ears won´t get sunburn any more:)
      I´m also happy I started an IG account.I´ve already found lovely pictures there from other collectors.
      My daughter is in awe of your pictures on Instagram. She says your pictures are the best and I agree ;)

      Eliminar
  2. I love the orange tree in the background. It fits perfect to the lovley fruit story. You make me thursty now! Going to have a peach buttermilk. ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Daniela! Thanks very much for your comment!I made the orange tree some time ago when I wrote a story about the Dales´orchard and fruit wagon. I had never used since then and I thought it could suit this story. I didn´t know what a peach buttermilk was but I searched the web and now I know. It must be delicious!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi, cutata! I love this post as i have that very set! I may try something similar. I was wondering what the some of the drinks were made from? I know the original bar only came with 4 juices so i was wondering how you made the others. I hope everyone in sweet berry valley feels refreshed and comfortable! Hugs x

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Isla! Thanks very much for your comment! As you say, the set only comes with four juices. The ones you see in my pictures are real drinks, a bit risky , though, I was afraid of spilling them all over and ruin everything. I only used them for the photos. For the raspberry and banana smothie I used strawberry milkshake and for the carrot juice I use "gazpacho", a typical spanish cold soup very popular in summer that is made with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers...the colour was similar to the carrot juice.A good option to make more juices could be polymer clay. You could make small pieces to fit into the glasses. They won´t look as realistic as real drinks but they will be much safer. I would have gone mad if my critters got stained.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Amazing set up Cutata! I always look forward when you post things because they always relax me somehow! You are very brave to use real drinks to put into the glasses, one of my friends accidentally split a glass of water over some of my critters and I nearly had a heart attack! (Don't worry, my critters were fine, it was only water luckily) After this I have never had food or water near my SF, I am not sure how I'd deal with one of my SF having a stain, especially some of my older critters. I love the little shop you have created, it will certainly help Betty stay out of the sun in summer. Does Betty only sell her goods in the summer or in the winter as well? I guess she could sell jams but fruit doesn't grow then. I guess that she will be sheltered from the wind, rain and snow as well. I really like the wallpaper in her shop, it is gorgeous and I think makes the whole shop look absolutely amazing! Anyway, sorry for the late comment, I don't know how I missed the fact that you posted.
    Cold, windy and wet hugs from New Zealand,(The weather really isn't nice at the moment, ugggh, I wanted to take pictures today 😞)
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Emily! Thanks very much for your comment!
    I know, using real drinks is very risky but I was very, very careful placing the glasses and posing the critters for the pictures. I was a bit stressed out when my three year old son was running around in the room where I was taking the pictures.If he happened to move the table where Betty had her shop, it would have been a complete disaster and I would have gone mad with him but luckily everything turned out well.

    From now on, Betty´s little shop will also be open in winter As you say, she will be sheltered from bad wether conditions too. She won´t sell as much juice as she does in summer but she will sell her homemade jams.She is already making some.

    Sending you sunrays from hot summer in Spain to make up for the cold and wet weather in New Zealand. It´s very hot here though!

    A big hug!

    ResponderEliminar