martes, 5 de junio de 2018

Miniature Crafting Challenge 11: Paper

Dear Readers,

This challenge is about paper: any kind of paper, from typing paper to cardboard.
The aim is to use paper for your projects in some way.

My first project is a flower planter and some paper flowers.

Look how colourful they are!



The flowers come from the Dingles´ flower shop. Dominic works as a gardener. He has green fingers and does his best to make gardens and parks look stunning.












Around this time last year, I made some paper daisies for a flower bed.



I used paper and a punch, exactly the same punch I´ve used for this challenge but this time, the flowers I´ve made are totally different.




I used this ball tool to press down in the middle of the flower to give them a kind of bowl shape. You need a soft surface to do that. I used a cushion.





For the planter, I recycled the cardboard where the toner comes from.



It´s a very thick cardboard that reminds me of the look of stone.






I filled the planter with a kind of foam I found at a flower shop .I covered it  with glue and sprinkled some tea leaves from a tea bag all over.Finally, I sticked some fake plastic stems and then I addded the flowers .








For my second project, I made some vintage/ shabby style jugs. This is something I wanted to try for a long time and this challenge was perfect for it. Even though they are made with paper (card stock and scrapbook paper) the final result resembles the look of enamel, or at least that´s the look I wanted to achieve.



The size suits Sylvanians perfectly.
As the jugs are so light, they can be held easily.They are perfect for figures with gripping hands.


"Can I have some milk, mum?"


I also made some plates out of scrapbook paper.
They can be used for decorative purposes but also to serve food.



I´m quite happy with my enamel looking ware.



I took the template from this blog.


I couldn´t find a tutorial but I figured out how to make them and it is quite easy. For the handle you need to cut a thin stripe of paper. After attaching all the parts together, I applied some layers of varnish to give them a glossy finish.









My last project is something I wanted to make since I added the Woodland bus to my collection.



A bus shelter!



I found the instructions and plans in the SSK catalogue. 
I didn´t take pictures of the process because the guides and poster picture are in the 2017 catalogue  and also in this year´s catalogue





I was a bit lazy to follow all the steps so I skipped the most tedious one. I was supposed to cover the main structure of the building with 45 pieces of carton boards and then paint them. Instead, I used brown corrugated paper for the outside of the building and scrapbook paper for the roof. First, I drew the plans out onto a piece of carboard from a cereal box and I stuck the corrugated paper to the carton board.The inside of the building is the carton from the box of cereal.

From now on villagers from Sweet Berry Valley will have a shelter  from the rain and sun while they wait for the bus.


I also made the suitcase out of a piece of cardboard. It´s not the first time I make a suitcase following Aranera´s tutorial.

I made this one specially for Peter Babblebrook.He loves travelling all around the world.



Bye- Bye Peter! Enjoy your trip!




The Forest Nursery provides a bus service with a route that goes around the village. Children are picked up at this bus stop to go to the nursery.

"Line up, kids!The bus is coming!"




"Bye- Bye, children! Have a nice day and be good!"




********************************************
And these are all my projects for this challenge. 
Hope you have enjoyed today´s post and I also hope you found some inspiration for your own crafts and projects.
Thanks for reading!



Illustration by Susan Wheeler


4 comentarios:

  1. Brilliant work as always! I also can't stop admiring the wonderful pictures! Every time you post is such a treat! Have a great day my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you so much Sylvanako! It´s always nice to get good feedback from you. You know how much I admire the wonderful pictures you take of your Sylvanians so comments from you mean the world to me!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi cutata!
    I loooove the bus stop- i always think the old fashioned ones are very cosy and almost like a mini home. The vintage jugs are beautiful- i love anything vintage so will definately be trying this one. The pictures are a lovely quality and you should give yourself more credit! Hugs,
    Isla xx

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Isla! Thanks for your lovely comment! I was quite happy with the projects for this challenge.The bus shelter was a must after getting the bus. I was glad to find the templates in the SSK catalogue.
    You should try making the jugs! They are easy to make and you´ll love the result.
    A big hug!

    ResponderEliminar