martes, 1 de mayo de 2018

Welcome May

Dear Readers,

The month of May brings us flowers and so does the picture of the SF calendar for this month.


I wonder who will receive the bunch of pink roses Coco is holding.
I have the feeling it has something to do with Mother´s Day.
I know Mother´s Day is not celebrated on the same day all over the world but many countries celebrate Mother´s Day in the month of May. In Spain, Mother´s Day is the first Sunday of May and in my Sylvanian world Mother´s Day is also in May. 

This picture also reminded me of the  new SF Blooming Flower Shop (now, only available from Japan)


To be honest with you, I much prefer the miniature flowers featured in the picture of the calendar to the plastic flowers of the new flower shop. 


I love the intricate detail of the buildings of the Town Series but the country style remains  my favourite, that´s why  I like the JP Country Flower Shop more than the new one.
I couldn´t find any stock photos so I hope my dear friend Sylvanako doesn´t mind me using one of his wonderful pictures to compare the two styles of flower shops. Both are nice but in different ways.

by Sylvanako

This one has a more classic florist shop look. I really like the ornate glass window and the big glass cabinet to store the buckets of flowers.The wodden rack filled with ribbons and wrapping paper is also lovely.

I also like the way it looks the flower shop featured in this video of the Town Series.
I´m refering to this image taken from the video "A Town of Dream".


As you can see this flower shop has no resemblance to the new JP release.
I think this one looks really nice.I wished the new flower shop would have look like a bit more like this one.

May, flowers, flowers shop...one thing led to another and I ended up writing a post comparing flower shops and telling you which one I like best.

I don´t own any SF official flower shop so I made my own one. You must have probably seen it already as I wrote a post about it on my blog but here is a picture in case you haven´t seen it before.




A big hug!






9 comentarios:

  1. Hi cutata! I find it very interesting that mothers day is celebrated in may in spain- here in Britain we celebrate in march. When do you celebrate fathers day? We celebrate it in june, so it would be vry close if we had mothers day in may. I agree that they vintage flower shop is far quainter- to be honest i find that with most vintage sylvanian buildings!! Hugs x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla! Thanks for your comment!
      We celebrate Father´s Day the 19th of March .
      I like some vintage sylvanian buildings much more than some of the newer ones.
      Have a nice week!

      Eliminar
    2. Hi cutata! Ooh thats interesting . Thanks for telling me! Hope you have a nice week too!

      Eliminar
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. try here

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!I´m happy to know my blog inspired you to start your own blog.
      Have a nice week!

      Eliminar
  3. Ooh, we also celebrate mothers day in May here in South Africa. Your flower shop is adorable and I enjoyed reading your flower-filled post. Your pictures are always so well lit and full of life that I expect the critters to start moving on my screen at any second.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sands! Thank you so much for your lovely comment!It made my day!
      Have a nice week!

      Eliminar
  4. Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning https://www.onlinetoys.com.au/girls-toys/sylvanian-families-toys/

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you very much for reading and for your kind words!

    ResponderEliminar