martes, 16 de enero de 2018

Crafting miniature challenge 1:" Happy and Healthy"

Dear Readers,

Two weeks ago, Caz who owns a lovely blog and is very good at crafts, suggested in The Sylvanian Families Forum to make 2018 a Year of Creative Crafting Challenge.
Every other week she will post a challenge prompt to work on a DIY project that fits the prompt.
The first challenge was related to the concept of "health": "Happy and Healthy"
I really liked her idea but time is always an issue for me so for the past two weeks I din´t even have time to think about what to make.
However, two days before the deadline, I woke up feeling crafty. As it was Sunday I had some spare time and I decided to take part in the craft challenge.


This is what I made :

A healthy salad. 

I used polymer clay for the lettuce, eggs and cherry tomatoes. The radishes, carrot sticks, tomato wedges, spring onions and olives( I didn´t have black clay) are made out of foam.




Basil only uses fresh and organic products for his salads. This sald is full of vitamins and minerals to boost your health.




Enjoy your meal!


 A box of tissues.




Clarice Buttermilk knows it is always handy to have a box of tissues at the Cottage Hospital for those who have a bit of a cold




and for those who cry tears of joy.



A box of band-aids using this printable. The tiny band- aids are adhesive just as the real ones but it´s hard to appreciate it in the pictures.




Annabel Buttercup stumbled on a rock and scraped her knee. Clarice examined Annabel´s knee carefully.


There´s  nothing to worry about. It´s just a minor scrape.Clarice will clean it and cover it with a band-aid.


"Good girl, Annabel! I´m nearly done".


Annabel is fine.Ready to walk and run again! 




I hope you are happy and in good health. In case you are not feeling well, I wish you a quick recovery.





Take care!


A big hug!

12 comentarios:

  1. Wow, fantastic work Cutata!All the mini food looks so real! Basil looks so proud of his salad in this wonderfully picture! I also love the tissue box and band aid! How could you make them so tiny and working? The photos are adorable! Little Annabel is so cute!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako! Thank you for your kind comment. Basil is a great cook and the Harvester Restaurant a perfect place to enjoy one of his healthy salads. The band aids are so tiny that I lost some of them in the making process and I had to make more.I followed a tutorial and they are easy to make but too tiny to handle.

      Eliminar
  2. Lovely, lovely photos.

    Basil did a great job on the salad (and so did you!) :). It looks very healthy indeed.

    Love the picture of the Boars with their two newborns. So touching. :))

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina!
      Basil appreciated your compliment and he says you can go the Harvester Restaurant to have a salad or any other dish you fancy. He´ll prepare it especially for you. Tanya and Munchie have had dinner a couple of times there but Munchie went straight to the desserts. He says elves don´t eat "rabbit food".
      Eustace looks a bit tough on the outside but he is a soft on the inside.He is really warm and caring and the birth of the twins was a very special day for him and Victoria.

      Eliminar
    2. That's great to hear, Cutata, especially as I am hungry right now! ;O) Many thanks to Basil for the friendly invitation!! <3

      I am so happy for Eustace and Victoria. It must have been an amazing day for them!! Please give them best wishes from me and from Hester too, who knows what it is like to squeeze out several baby boars at a time... :OD

      Eliminar
  3. Wow! The salad looks very delicious, I would eat it myself if it was real! Good job on the tissues and band aids, they look amazing too.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thank you for your kind comment, Emily! I love miniatures and it´s fun making them.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. wow these are fabulous Cutata!! love them all :) The picture of the Truffles is brilliant i must say!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you very much Lynne! I´m glad you like my mini projects and the picture of the Truffles. I also think is vey cute.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Awesome!! I love the little rainbow salad and i am definately gonna make one for my sylvanians! Love the picture of the truffles too xx

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Thank you for your comment, Isla! I had always wanted to make a salad for my Sylvanians and this challenge encouraged me to give it a try. I didn´t bake the fimo as I also used foam and I placed all the "ingredients" on the plate as I was making them. I stored the salad plate in a little box. I´ll check to see what the salad looks like.
    I´m glad you liked the photo of the Truffles. It was a special day for Victoria and Eustace.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Ah thats interesting to hear you didnt bake the fimo. It looks it! I find sometimes that if i leave unbaked fimo around for too long it gets dusty and horrible. Hope this hasnt happened to yours. I am glad Victoria and eustace are happy!!

    ResponderEliminar