martes, 5 de diciembre de 2017

An early Christmas present

It is nearly Christmas and it hasn´t snowed yet in Sweet Berry Valley.
This time last year, the village was covered in a white blanket of snow and everyone was getting ready to celebrate the festive season.


This year, most villagers wonder when the first sowflakes will begin to fall but weather this Christmas is white or not, it´s time to create a holiday atmosphere in their homes.



The Mulberry grandparents are a bit eccentric but when it comes to Christmas they are very traditional.
Mildred and George enjoy decorating their home for the festive season.
Mildred had just hung a wreath in the front door when George arrived with a Christmas tree resting in the sidecar.


They are so young at heart and so enthusiatic about life that they love Christmas as much as their grandchildren.


The Christmas wreath on the door and this welcome mat will tell all who entered that Christmas has come to the Mulberry grandparents´home.



But nothing says Merry Christmas more than the smell of their kitchen.




Homemade orange and cinnamon buns...




Hot chocolate and mulled wine simmering away...




and  the heavenly smell of christmas cookies and baked goods wafting through the house bring out the warmth and comfort of the Christmas season.



Talking about comfort, there´s nothing better than suggling up in a nice warm blanket on the sofa next to a wood burning stove when it´s cold outside.



A knock on the door made Mildred stand up from the sofa.
"Ike, Candy. Come on in,my dears." Mildred  welcomed her grandchildren warmly.





Ike and Candy came to help their grandparents put up the Christmas tree.



Decorating the tree was fun but tasting their grandma´s homemade cookies was a real treat for Ike and Candy.
George was trying to tune in to Christmas SF, a Christmas music station very popular at this time of the year.



The fun and festive tunes coming from the  radio put them in the mood for dancing away. 
"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock...What a bright time, that´s the right time to rock the night away..."



The music was so loud that they didn´t hear a car coming. 



Someone got out of the car and knocked on the door repeatedley but no one answered. The visitor slowly opened the door and entered the house.


He went straight to the living room and asked "Can I join the party?"




"EDWARD!" Mildred and George said at the same time.

"UNCLE EDWARD!" Ike and Candy exclaimed.


They all ran up to hug him. It´s been a long time since they last met. Edward hasn´t been in Sweet Berry Valley since last Christmas.



"What a lovely surprise, my son!" Mildred exclaimed. "We didn´t expect you until Christmas Day. You are always so busy at this time of the year that your visit caught us by surprise" She added.

" This year I´ve decided to arrive earlier. It´s time to break the bad habit of getting home five minutes before Christmas dinner" Edward said.



Ike and Candy wanted to tell their parents about their uncle´s arrival. George offerd to give them a ride home to tell Elma and Mae.

Mildred was so excited! She missed her son so much that his visit was like an early Christmas present.
Actually, the best Christmas present she could wish for when she heard Edward saying:

"Mother, I´m here to stay.I´m moving to Sweet Berry Valley. This village needs a toy maker and I need to be close to my family. I feel lonely some times, you know?

"Edward, that´s the best news I´ve heard in  ages!. I´m so happy!" 

Mother and son  hugged each other long and with great tenderness. 


After a while, the whole Mulberry family gathered in the living room. Edward had so much to tell and his family so many questions to ask that they stayed up until nearly midnigth. As it was so late, they all spent the night at Mildred´s and George´s place.
"It feels like Christmas Day" Candy said.
She was right,that was an especial family gathering just a couple of weeks before Christmas.



The next morning, when the children woke up and looked through the window they couldn´t belive their eyes.

"IT´S SNOWING" They shouted in amazement.

Sweet Berry Valley was a winter wonderland. A crisp, white blanket of snow covered the green fields.
Shortly after breakfast,Edward asked with a naughty smile : "Anyone for a snowball fight?"




Mildred and George enjoyed looking at their children and grandchildren having fun in the snow. They were delighted to have their family reunited.






"Come on grandpa! Come on grandma! Join us!"
 

The Mulberrys spent a lovely day together and without a doubt they will have a wonderful  white Christmas.


*******************************************

As you have just seen, Mildred , George and the rest of the Mulberry family are happy to have Edward back with them.
I´m also very happy to have added Edward, the toy maker, and his  work bench and most of his accessories to my collection. The toy maker set has always been one of muy favourites.
Edward´s decision to move to Sweet Berry Valley was his family´s best Christmas present and an early Christmas present for me too. 

Wishing you

A big hug!



























9 comentarios:

  1. Wow Cutata, that was so fun to read, I didn't want it to end! Wonderful story line combined with amazing pictures! I love the Mulberry family, the grandparents especially! So touching story and beautiful scenery, it was like Christmas, thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako! Thank you very much for your kind comment! I love Sylvanian grandparents but The Mulberrys are an adorable couple, one of my favourites.

      Eliminar
  2. Hello Cutata,

    Such cozy pictures and carefully put together scenes. It's great how you changed the scenery from autumn to winter in the last photos.

    I'm glad for the Mulberry family that Edward is moving to Sweet Berry Valley. You can clearly see the fun they are all having while playing together in the snow.

    I was so delighted to identify some gifts from last year's giveaway at Orangines'! :O) I see you made good use of the autumn leaves and I also recognized my chocolate cake, cinnamon stars and the chain of little golden beads for the Christmas tree. :O)

    Have a very Merry December,

    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina! Thanks for your kind words! I made a bit of a mess with the fake snow when I changed the scenery from autumn to winter but when I looked at the pictures I was quite happy with the result and I didn´t mind doing a bit of cleaning.

      It´s great to have a toy maker in Sweet Berry Valley! I´m delighted Edward decided to go back to his hometown and so is his family.

      I´m glad you spotted some of the gifts from your giveaway! They are lovely! I´ve used them all except for your delicious Halloween truffles and the trick or treat bag. I didn´t have time to write a Halloween story . Thank you so much!
      By the way, Tanya taught Mildred how to make the cinnamon stars and the chocolate cake. They are neighbours and they get on very well.

      Have a Merry December you too

      Eliminar
  3. This story makes me feel so warm and cozy! I am really happy that the Mulberry family can spend a lot more time together, not only occasionally at Christmas time. Sweet Berry Valley is looking very Christmassy now with all that snow and the decorations (I am presuming that not only the Mulberry grandparent's house). I love Christmas and winter stories, this story is amazing and lovely to read, thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Emily! Thank you for your kind words. I love Christmas and winter stories too. I wanted to create a homely and warm atmosphere at the Mulberry grandparents´house to welcome Edward and to get into the Christmas spirit. I´m glad you enjoyed my story!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oooo how cosy and hygge!! The mulberry grandparents have a lovely home and i hope they were delighted to see edward again. I loved the storyline, i didnt want it to finish!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Isla! Your comment made my made! Cosy and hygge,you described it perfectly. That´s the atmosphere I wanted to create in this story. Thank you for reading.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ahhh i am glad the cosy and hygge atmosphere came through, it made me feel warm inside! I love this story, one of my favourites!

      Eliminar