domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2015

A new baby in Sweet Berry Valley ( Part 1)


This is my first post and I am going to start with a story about Sheila Springer from The Springer Kangaroo Family. I hope you like it.


Sheila didn´t have a good night sleep. She woke up feeling  tired . Her tummy is getting so big that she finds it hard to feel comfortable in bed. Her husband Bruce and her daughter Joanne had already gone to school.
 "Maybe a good breakfast will make feel more energetic" she told to herself.



Fresh squeezed orange juice, a cup of hot milk, some fresh fruit, toast with butter, strawberry jam and a small croissant. Mmm..Yummy!! Doctor Murdock told her she shoudn´t eat for two but there are days that she feels really hungry



"Let´s see what else I can have... Just a spoonfull of ice-cream will not do me any harm" she said while looking in the fridge. She knew she was a bit overweight but she didn´t really mind it. She was delighted to be expecting a new baby and the extra weight would be gone soon after giving birth. "Opps!!! there is no ice-cream left. I´ll go to the supermarket to get some more." This pregnancy is giving me such  a craving for ice cream...! she claimed.


After doing the washing up and tidying up the house she went to do some shopping.




First, she went to the supermarket. She filled the trolley with some groceries and some goodies, ice cream, of course!! 
Good morning Sheila! How are you feeling today? -Mrs. Robinson asked .
 " To be honest with you ,Fliss, I´m not feeling the best" I could hardly get any sleep last night. The baby was kicking and turning all the time" -Sheila answered .
"When is the Baby Springer due? Mr. Robinson enquired
" I went to see  Doctor Murdock for a check up last week and he told me the baby would be due in three weeks time, so I still have to wait to see my baby´s face". 
 "Oh, well, time flies, you see how soon you will be holding your little  baby" said Fliss " And now, leave all this shopping here and go for a stroll. Don´t carry any weight. We´ll deliver it for you in a while" Fliss offered .
" I really appreciate it. I just meant to buy some ice crem and some fruit but I just got carried away"  sheila said.


As she was leaving the store she met Dorothy Kennelworth and they had a chat about baby stuff. "We can go for walks together once your little one is born"- Dorothy suggested when they were saying good-bye. "Of course, we will "  Sheila replied.



Her next stop was at "The Country Market". She wanted to buy some baby soap and other toiletries. She was having a look at the magazines stand when the Toys Catalogue caught her eye. 
"Nice to see you, Sheila.  How is your pregnancy going? greeted Carol with a sweet smile. " Hi, Carol. I´m looking forward to having my baby in my arms,you know what I mean" said Sheila while patting her big tummy. "Carol, I was wondering how much is this from the Toy Catalogue"  she asked.
 " It´s all handmade and of the best quality but it´s a bit pricey, around 200 sylvas. Nice and very useful for the little ones, though. If you are interested let me know because I have to order it and it will take a few days to be here " replied, Carol. 
" Thanks, Carol.I´ll tell Bruce about it" said Sheila and continued searching the store. 

 "Lovely to see you, Sheila" said Nancy Waters showing her white teeth in a wide smile.
"Nice to see you too, Nancy" greeted Sheila." "I´ve just dropped by to get some toiletries for my baby. I want to have everything ready before the baby is due to come." commented Sheila.
 "That´s very good news, he must be here soon, am I right? " Nancy asked.
 " Well, according to the doctor in three weeks time but to be honest with you I think I´m going to burst in any moment. I´m kind of painfull  and exhausted today" said Sheila while wincing as if she was in real pain. 
"Are you ok?, You don´t look very well"  Carol and Nancy asked her at the same time.
 
 
"Oh my goodness! I can´t even stand up. I think my baby is going to be born sooner than expected" Sheila cried..
 "Don´t you worry !!! Everything is going to be fine"  everyone in the shop reassured." "Deep breathes, Sheila" Daisy Buttercup, who just happened to be at the shop, suggested in a loud voice
Mr. Osborne run to The Tea Romm to grab a couple chairs to make Sheila feel more comfortable.


 
Carol offered her a glass of water and they all tried to help her to take it easy but it was 
hard for her to get through the pain.
"Are you having contractions? Constance Grunt asked. Sheiljust nooded  her head. Constance knew well about labour pain specially after having the triplets. "I think we should go to tell Doctor Murdock" Constance said.
"Ouch!! Please, tell Bruce what is going on. He is at school but I´m afraid he was going to take the children for a walk in the country for the PE class and they might not be back yet." Sheila told them in a broken voice.


Nancy, Daisy and Constance left The country Market to look for help. Nancy was in charge of going to the Cottage Hospital  and Daisy a Constance headed to Berry Grove School to tell Bruce about her wife. "We´ll be back soon". Remember deep breaths, my dear" Daisy said once more. Arthur and Carol stayed with Sheila and looked after her.


When Nancy arrived at the Hospital she couldn´t even breath. The Country Market and the Cottage Hospital were close but as she went running non stop she was out of breath.
"Are you ok, Nancy?. Come on in, we´ll have a look at you" Doctor Murdock said.
"Oh, no. I´m fine, Doctor Murdock. It´s Sheila Springer the one that is in pain. She is having contractions every five minutes and seems to be in serious pain" Nancy explained.
"Oh, dear!!! As far as I remember she was expecting her baby in three weeks time.There is no time to waste" Doctor Murdock told Nancy in a worried expression.
"Clarice, get the whellchair and go with Nancy. Sheila Springer is in labour pain. I´ll get everything ready. Hurry up please"!!!! he told her nurse.


Claire and Nancy ran as fast as they could.


 "You´ll be fine, Sheila", Clarice reassured her. "Doctor Murdock is waiting for us"
 

 "Arthur, I´ll go with them, ok? " Carol told her husband.
 "Of course, my darling. I´ll mind the store. Take your time" he answered. 
 


  Mrs chocolate, I´m afraid we have an emergency . I hope you don´t mind having your eyesight tested any other day" Doctor Murdock said.
"Not all. How should I mind!!! First things first! Mrs. Chocolate replied.


 
Sheila felt relieved as soon as she saw Doctor Murdock. "Don´t worry, Sheila. Everything is going to be all right. I promise you!!!. 
"I hope you are right, doctor but I´m not feeling my best"  Sheila said.
  



As soon as Doctor Murdock closed the hospital door, Clarice put Sheila on a bed and started with a check up." Blood pressure is fine, no temperature... Let´s have a look...
Oh, Sheila your baby is nearly here. Doctor, no time to waste" Clarice said with  excitement in her voice.
After a few deep breathes and some pushes,the baby´s head was there.

 
"Come on Sheila, you are doing it very well ! , one more push and your little one will be out! " Doctor Murdock  and Clarice encouraged her .
Sheila was already exhausted but she tried her best. She took a deep breath and pushed hard.The next thing was the sound of a baby crying. His baby , the most beautiful baby she had ever seen.


"Here is your baby, Sheila. You have a lovely baby boy"" Doctor Murdock said. 

"I wish my husband was here" Sheila cried.

"He´ll be here soon, that´s for sure." Clarice  said while holding Sheila´s hand.


"Now keep your baby close to you. He must be cold and hungry and there is no better place than his mum´s arms. By the way, how are you going to name your litle boy" Clarice asked.
"Bruce and I picked up two names, Josephine for a baby girl and Joey for a baby boy so I guess Joey is the one." Sheila explained. 



"Try to rest for a while. You deserve it". Doctor Murdock suggested.
"I won´t be able. I wonder where Bruce and Joanne are. I expected to have my family by my side once the baby was born" Sheila said in a sad voice.She wanted to share all the happiness and emotions of the moment with her husband and daughter.



All of a sudden she heard some steps coming from outside. She turned her head when she heard the hospital door opening and Sheila´s face brightened up when she saw her daughter running towards her and Bruce just behind holding a buch of  beautiful white roses
" Mum!! I´m a big sister now!!! Joanne said proudly.

                                                
 "Bruce, let me hold the flowers for you so you can hold your baby son" Clarise offered.


"I´m so sorry sweetheart, as I told you this morning I meant to take the kids for a walk in the country, near the hills, and when Daisy and Constance went to school looking for me we weren´t back yet. When I was told about you being in HospitalI I grabbed Joanne and we ran to be with you two. I love you so much!!!" Bruce said with watering eyes.
 "I love you too, Bruce and I love our two children with all my heart" Sheila said with emotion in her voice. 

After a couple of days Sheila was ready to leave the Hospital and go home. She was feeling much better and baby Joey was a healthy baby. 
"I´ll see you in a couple of weeks for a check up, meanwhile I´m sure Bruce will look after you as you deserve" Doctor Murdock said. 
"Of course I will, I feel the luckiest man in the world" Bruce commented.



Doctor Murdock and Clarice kept looking  at The Springer Family for a little while. 
"We have a rewarding job, don´t you think so Clarice" Doctor Murdock asked. 
" We do indeed, doc" Clarice agreed. "What a heart-warming picture" Clarice added.
"The picture of happiness Clarice, the picture of happiness..." Doctor Murdock said with a  wide smile on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED...

11 comentarios:

  1. Hurray for the Springer kangaroo family and congratulations on their new baby, Joey! Such a sweet story!

    I can't wait to read the next one!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Montse !!!
      I´ll tell you when the second part is ready.

      Eliminar
  2. Aww, what s lovely story! Congratulations to the Springers! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Respuestas
    1. Thank you Emily!!
      The Springers are very happy with their baby and I´m very happy with my newborn blog

      Eliminar
  4. Beautiful story Cutata! I came across it while looking for pictures of the Country Market. This is one of my favourite stories of yours!
    x Piffle

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh yay I can finally comment on your blog!!

    P.S. Love the baby's head appearing under the blanket hahaha and when Bruce appeared in the doorway with the giant bunch of flowers I cheered!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you so much Piffle! I was very surprised when I found two new comments on my first story! And I was delighted to see you wrote them!
    I remember I was very excited about my first story and about creating a blog.
    Two years have nearly passed since I wrote this story. I never thought my collection was going to grow so much and I never thought I was going to have people interested in my blog. I created it just for fun and for myself but I must admit that sharing my stories and pictures with people who enjoy the same hobby makes my collection more meaninful to me. Piffle ,thanks again for being part of this lovely group of people.

    ResponderEliminar