martes, 26 de diciembre de 2023

Meet the Woolly Alpaca family at Christmas time

Dear Reader,
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day!
I had intended to post this blog entry before Christmas but I haven't had time to finish it until now.
As I have already told you in other occasions, the Christmas holidays have just started in Spain so I hope you like to meet the Alpaca family and see what they are doing the days leading up to Christmas Day.

Sweet Berry Valley , as the rest of the towns and villages in Sylvania, is already in full Christmas spirit.
As it is tradition, a big Christmas tree stands in the main square next to the Christmas market.
This year the tree is decorated with beautiful stars. It is said that if families gather around the tree and wish upon one of these stars their dreams will come true.

One of the families who is gazing at the Christmas tree is the Woolly Apalca family. Although they moved to the Sweet Berry Valley several years ago, I haven´t had the opportunity to introduce them to you until now.

As Christmas is this family's favorite time of the year, I think it's a good time to see how they get ready to celebrate the festive season.

One cold and sunny day in late November, the Woolly family went out into the woods with their sleigh to find the perfect Christmas tree. The first snows had fallen in the village and it looked like  the residents of Sweet Berry Valley will have a white Christmas this year.


The Christmas tree is already decorated, as well as the rest of the Woolly´s home.

They are a very homey family and like to spend time in their living room, especially on cold winter days, so they have decorated it with care to make it as cozy and inviting as possible during the Christmas holidays.


Ariana loves knitting by the fireplace.Knitting is her favourite hobby. Now, she´s knitting a blanket for Gabriel, the baby of the family.


Gabriel can´t walk yet, he just crawls everywhere but he´s learning how to stand up with the help of his walker.


He has some toys scattered on the floor but what he likes to play with the most are his mother's balls of yarn.

Gabriel also enjoys playing with his sister Fiorella. Fiorella loves her little brother.


Now,Fiorella is writting a letter to Santa. She´s been a very good girl so she must be in Santa´s nice list.


She really hopes Santa brings her the dollhouse she saw in the window of the toy shop a few days ago.


André has been reading and now he´s just relaxing on the sofa drinking a cup of tea and eating Christmas cookies.



The smell of cinnamon and ginger spices of the cookies have filled their home with enticing festive aromas.Baking at Christmas is a whole family activity that everyone enjoys.

Fiorella likes to make the dough and knead it with a rolling pin.


When the cookies are baked, André takes them out of the oven.
They smell delicious!


Ariana is the one who puts the icing on the cookies.Firella and Gabriel watch in fascination how the cookies turn into snowflakes. André can´t wait for the cookies to cool before tucking in.Yummy!


Another activity they enjoy together is singing Christmas carols. They love music. André is very good at playing the flute and Arianna and Fiorella have lovely sweet and melodic voices. Gabriel can´t sing yet but he listens spellbound to his family.


On Christmas Eve,after singing trational Sylvanian carols, they play some of their favourite board games.



After the last game, Ariana brings out the crockery and cutlery for special occasions. She carefully polishes them for tomorrow's Christmas meal. Meanwhile, Andre and Fiorella  are preparing hot chocolate in the kitchen.



When the chocolate is ready, they snuggle up on the sofa to watch a Christmas movie. Watching a heartwarming movie on Christmas Eve while sipping hot chocolate and eating cookies is another of the Woolly´s family traditions.



Gabriel fell asleep shortly after the movie started. Fiorella was also very sleepy and went to bed before the movie ended. Before going up to her bedroom, she left a glass of milk and some cookies for Santa by the Christmas tree.



When the movie ended ,Ariana and André stayed on the sofa chatting for a while. André asked Ariana what she had wished for from the stars on the Christmas tree. Ariana replied that her family would always love each other and be as united and happy during the New Year as they were during the Christmas holidays.
No doubt that her wish will come true.




I also want to wish you Happy Holidays and may the New Year brings you good health, good luck and lots of happy moments to remember.
🌟I also hope all your dreams come true!🌟



I´d like to share with you the card the Woolly Alpaca family sent their friends and relatives to wish them Merry Christmas.




12 comentarios:

  1. A lovely family story - warm and comfortable - the sort of Christmas that everyone should enjoy. The domestic scenes look very homely, and the first two pictures look great - both the snowy scene and the cosy one with the wool- clad dormice.

    Thank you for this comforting Christmas tale.

    I wish both you and your family a glorious new year.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Jackson!
    Thanks a lot for your kind words!
    I got the Alpacas around four years ago and they were still in their box. Christmas was a good time to introduce them in Sweet Berry Valley. I wanted to create a homely and cosy atmosphere that suited the Christmas spirit.
    I´m glad to know you liked the scenes.
    I wish you too all the best for the new year.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello dear Cutata,

    thank you for the lovely card!

    The Riversiders and I love it and so it was a pleasure to see some more photos from the Alpacas' home life.

    I especially enjoy the pictures of them in the village and in the kitchen while baking cookies!

    Merry Christmas and Happy 2024 from James, Jemima, Fudge, Hester and Ralfie.

    All the best for you and your family.

    -Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina!
      Thanks a million for your comment!
      It makes me happy to know you received my Christmas card and enjoyed the pictures of the Alpaca family.
      Hope you´re having a good year so far.
      Send my regards to James, Jemima, Fudge, Hester and Ralfie.
      I´d love to see them on your blog post if you are in the mood for taking pictures and write stories. You know how much I love them.
      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  4. So glad to see a new story! Love all the festive scenes and the wonderful feeling of the family life of the Alpacas! Your attention to detail is obvious in every photo! And the story so sweet and heartwarming! Best wishes for a fabulous New year my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako,
      Thanks a lor for your kind words!
      The Alpaca family is lovely and the colour of their outfits inspired me to feature them in Christmas story. I´m glad you enjoyed it.
      Hope you´re having a good year so far.
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  5. I simply loved it!!!! First of all, I found your blog while I was searching customized and diy furnitures and I fell in love with the posts and the way you share these stories with us, and I wish you a happy new year with lots of sylvanians and creativity to write your tales! Hope to see more posts soon!
    XO from Brazil! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Gabriela,
      Welcome to my blog!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      Comments like yours encourage me to keep writing new stories. I don´t have much free time but I really enjoy this hobby and I intend to continue blogging throughout this year.
      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  6. How do you always do it, Cutata? Once again I am in awe of the sheer amount of detail in this post! It's incredible! All those little festive touches really bring out the Christmas spirit.

    I want to join the Woolly Alpaca family and be part of their Christmas traditions, haha! They seem like such a loving, tight knit family and their home is beautifully furnished. I also noticed the family portrait over the fire - nice touch!

    I love the picture of them all bundled up in the snow. They all look adorable in their woollen knits! I admire all your winter clothing and accesories - did you make them?

    Thank you for your kind wishes! A very merry belated Christmas and happy New Year to you too! Best wishes for 2024! Lots of love!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thanks a million for your comment!
      It makes me happy to know you liked meeting the Alpaca family and their Christmas traditions.
      Winter scenes require Sylvanians to wear warm clothes so I made the coats and my daughter made the scarves. I found Fiorella´s red hat in the craft section of a shop. I made baby Gabriel´s hat with the fingetip of a mismatched glove. My sewing skills are very basic and I use felt, double sided tape and glue. I wish I could make proper clothes for my Sylvanians.
      Hope everything is OK with you!
      Hugs!

      Eliminar
  7. Hi Cutata!

    Loved this warm Christmas story. The alpacas are one of my favourite families and I'm delighted to see them on your blog. Love how cozy your villager always are in your wintery shots, with their cute shawls and scarves! Their inside decorations are also flawless, love all the little garlands, the adorable tree with its tiny decorations and, of course, the delicious-looking cookies! Loved the baking scenes, and I'm certain Fiorella got the dollhouse she wanted. I want that one too! Haha. :)

    Thank you for the lovely Christmas card. Sending warm thoughts your way, my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thanks a lot for your kind words!
      I really enjoyed decorating the living room and other parts of the house for the Alpaca family. I know it´s one of your favourite families and no wonder. They´re lovely. I´m glad I´m unboxed them at last.
      I would also like to have the dollhouse that Santa brought to Fiorella. It's my favourite Sylvanian house.
      Have a lovely day! A big hug!

      Eliminar