sábado, 4 de febrero de 2023

The Splashy go to the Country Market


Dear Readers,

Todays´s picture story is a continuation of Amanda´s prenatal appointment.
As soon as Amanda and Glenn left the Cottage Hospital they headed to the Country Market in order to buy the supplements doctor Murdoch prescribed Amanda to take during her pregnancy. 
When they arrived, a poster on the window caught Amanda´s attention. 



"Look, Glenn! They have baby stuff for sale!"


The Country Market offers special sales throughout the year and due to the recent increase in the birth rate in Sweet Berry Valley, Carol and Arthur Osborne have put up for sale a wide range of baby products at a discounted price.



When the Splashys´ got into the shop, Amanda couldn´t hide her excitement at the idea of starting buying things for their baby.



Before starting browsing around,they greeted Maurice Chantilly, who had just bougth a new baby bottle and some nappy rash cream.
"How is baby Jacques?" Amanda asked.
"He´s fine, thanks. He´s an easy baby so far but I´ll keep my fingers crossed. Esme was a colicky baby and she used to cry for hours."
Glenn also crossed his fingers. He really hoped his upcoming baby was easy to raise. The idea of a baby crying for hours was too much to handle.  


When Maurice left the shop, Carol offered them her help. 
"Feel free to look around and let me know if you need any help".



Amanda was oohing and aahing over all the cute baby stuff. She couldn´t resist buying an outfit for her little one.



They also bought their baby´s first toys. 



It was easy, especially for Amanda, to get carried away when buying baby stuff for the first time.
"Glenn, why don´t we buy a crib? It´s a must and it´s a good deal. We should take adventage of the sales."
Even though Glenn thought it was a bit early to start buying stuff for their baby he recognized his wife was right.This was a good opportunity to save some money. 




Carol, who overheard The Splashys´ conversation, handed them a catalogue in case they wanted to have a look.
"We just have three cribs on display but there are more to choose from this catalogue. We don´t usually have so many baby products at the store but you can always place an order from our catalogue"



Amanda had already seen a crib that she really liked. She was sure Glenn was going to like it too. Those cute little fish added such a nice touch.



"Have you considered buying a bath? They´re half price". This time it was Carol the one who encouraged them to keep adding things to their baby shopping list.
"Oh yes!I like the pink one" Amanda made up her mind easily as pink was her favourite colour.



With all the excitement, Amanda had almost forgotten the reason they went to the Country Market.

"Have you got the prescription?" Glenn asked her.
"The prescription?...Oh, yes! It´s in my bag.Can you believe it completely slipped my mind?." She said with a little giggle.



Arthur gave them the medicines while Carol was putting the stuff in the carrier bags. 
"The crib and the bath will be delivered to your place in a few week´s time" Arthur said when they paid for their shopping.
There were still a few months left for the baby´s arrival but Amanda was already looking forward to having the crib next to her bed.


Before leaving the store Carol gifted Amanda and Glenn with a book."A complete guide to care for your baby" Carol said.
" A must-read,especially for first-time parents". Arthur winked his eye to Glenn who seemed a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff they need for their baby. 
Truth be told, shopping wasn´t Glenn´s cup of tea.
However, seeing his wife so excited with all the baby stuff, made him happy.


They were about to leave when Daisy Buttercup and her youngest son, Cheddar, came into the Country Market.
"AMANDA AND GLEEN!. It´s so good to see you!.How is your pregnancy going?" Amanda didn´t even have time to answer when Daisy had already asked her a new question.You all know the way she is…
"Do you know expectant mothers should drink plenty of milk , don´t you? I think you haven´t registered for milk delivery yet? I can guarantee you won´t find better milk.I´ll tell Hornbull to leave a bottle of milk at your doorstep tomorrow morning.The first one is for free!"




"Did you have milk for breakfast? Well, just in case you didn´t, here you have some".
Suddenly, Daisy  took a small bottle of milk out of her bag and handed it to Amanda who was a bit intimidated but amused at the same time by Daisy´s personality.

"Come on, drink a little bit. You´ll see how nice it is."



"Carol!, tell them who sells the best milk in the village" Daisy can be very insistent some times. 
"There´s no doubt you do sell the best milk not only in Sweet Berry Valley but in the whole Sylvania" Carol knew that compliment would make Daisy feel proud enough to stop boasting at least for a while.


Daisy wasn´t expecting a baby but she just wanted to have a look around the shop.
"Aww,how cute is that little cat! It looks like baby Jacques. I´ll get it for him".Could you bring it down,please?"


"Sure, Daisy. I´ll take the ladder". Arthur kindly offered to reach the toy cat.
"You know Carol, I´ve got some juicy gossip for you… Did you know that..." Daisy whispered. 
"Turn back, Daisy!" Carol interrupted her.



"Oh! My little piece of cheese! Where do you think you´re going? Come here with mummy!"
Once Cheddar climbed down the ladder, Daisy kept Carol up to date with the latest news and innocent gossip. No big scandals ever happened in Sweet Berry Valley.



We´ll let Daisy have a gossip with her friend Carol and let´s go back to Glenn and Amanda.
When they left the shop they met Barbara Dale who was also pregnant with her fourth child.Looking at the size of her belly I would say she must be due very soon. 



Nancy and Betty, who were enjoying a chat over a cup of tea, congratulated Amanda on her first pregnancy and wished Betty everything went well.
"You make me so envious, girls" Nancy Waters said to the two mothers-to be.She would love to have a baby but she hasn´t met her other half yet.

Amanda and Glenn said good-bye and headed to the nearest bus stop. Amanda left the store feeling thrilled with her first baby stuff shopping experience but she was also a bit tired to walk all the way back home. Glenn just wanted to relax and have some lunch.Shopping always made him hungry, even if he wasn´t buying groceries.





I´ll tell you what happened next in another post.Otherwise, this story would be too long.

Hope you have enjoyed shopping at The Country Market with Glenn and Amanda.This is one of my favourite shops and the first one I bought along with the Blackurrant Café.I have so many good memories of the day I received such a wonderful package.

I can anticipate that you´ll see the The Splashys´ at the Blackurrant Café in my next story.

Have a lovely day!
Hugs! 







































 















 










8 comentarios:

  1. A lovely story with the superb character and detail we've grown to expect. Fun to see Daisy with her forceful/friendly again, and little Cheddar is so funny! I'm particularly fond of the Splashy otters - who surprised me with their cuteness when I bought them on eBay; bigger than I expected. Emma Dale on her trike is a cutie too!

    I look forward to the next part - that I'll read right now!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thanks a lot for your comment!

      The Splashy otters are really cute.I love their chubby faces and happy smiles. You´re right about their size. They´re bigger compared to other Sylvanians ,specially their heads.

      As for Emma Dale I heard she´s just given birth. I´ll pay her a visit one of these days.

      Enjoy the weekend, my friend!

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Cutata! What a sweet story! I find it so soothing and relaxing to read about the happenings of Sweet Berry Valley and look at your lovely pictures.
    The Country Market is lovely. I've always admired it, but it's hard to come by. The Osbornes keep their shop very well stocked!
    Poor Glen! I can imagine his first time father nerves!
    I do feel for Nancy Waters. I hope that one day she can meet someone she deserves and have a little one of her own. She is a very interesting side character.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kelsy!

      Thanks a lot for your kind words!

      It makes happy to know you enjoy reading about the happenings of Sweet Berry Valley. I´m also gald to be back posting regularly again. I missed my Sylvanians.
      Even though I´m not taking new pictures at the moment the simple fact of choosing pictures I took long ago to write new posts makes happy.

      I love the Country Market. It´s one of the first building I bought. I still remember how much I enjoyed setting it up. I know it´s hard to find and even if you do, I guess the price will be very high.

      I have a soft spot for Nancy Waters. She was my first sylvanian! She came in a set with a dressing table filled with the tiniests perfumes and cosmetics I had ever seen. I was so thrilled when I opened that set. I´m sure she´ll meet someone eventually. She is really nice and friendly.

      Have a great weekend!

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Cutata!

    I love the Country Market. Such a gorgeous building, and so complete! Love that little terrace in front, it's perfect to enjoy a tea or coffee with a friend (just like Betty and Nancy are doing).

    The little crib with the fish detail is perfect for the Splashys! And Amanda is right that it is a good idea to save money on things they will need for sure when there's a sale.

    Ah, an stellar appearance by Daisy Buttercup! I love her, haha. She goes around carrying milk samples from her farm! Now that's a true businesswoman. :D

    Can't wait to see the Blackcurrant Café in the next part! Love that building too, and your version of it of course! :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thanks a lot for your comment!

      The Country Market is a lovely building both in the inside with so many accesorizes and in the outside. I also love the little tea room even though the table is tiny and the chairs are quite small too.

      I thought the crib with the fish detail suited the Splashy. Amanda knew Glenn was going to like it too.

      Daisy is such a character! Haha! You´re right! She knows how to run her business!

      A big hug!

      Eliminar
  4. Oh I so enjoyed this post! The dialogues are so lively and funny! And I can't stop admiring this building both inside and outside! Your photos make it shine!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Sylvanako!
    Thanks a lot for your kind feedback on this story.
    The Country Market is one of my favourite buildings. It´s a charming shop with lots of cute accessories .The window and the small tea room at the front make the building look great.
    It takes a while to set everything up but it´s a real pleasure to look a it when the job is done.
    A big hug,my friend!

    ResponderEliminar