sábado, 18 de febrero de 2023

Amanda has a hunch

Dear Readers,

Hope you´re all doing well.

Today´s story is a continuation of the previous one when Amanda and Glenn went to the Country Market.

Hope you like it!

**********************************************
Instead of going straight back home, Glenn suggested Amanda to go for lunch at "The Blackurrant Café". 
"All this shopping made me really hungry" Glenn said.Actually,Glenn always has an excuse to have something to eat. He has a good appetite.
Amanda was a bit tired and she was starting to feel hungry too. 
"Good idea Glenn!. Let´s go"

On their way to the café they bumped into The Truffles.Even though The Splashys´ have just moved recently to Sweet Berry Valley they have already met most of the villagers.They were all so friendly that Amanda and Glenn  enjoyed having a chat with them.

Amanda´s pregnancy and parenthood was the main topic of conversation when they met their neighbours.



Victoria Truffle, who used to work as a midwife in Town until she moved to Sweet Berry Valley, offered Amanda her help and gave her some advice.

"Come to our place one of these days and we´ll have a chat" Victoria said.

Eustace and Glenn were talking about the prospect of becoming a father for the first time.

"How did you react when you were told you had twins, Eustace?" Glenn asked out of curiosity.

"To be honest with you, I couldn´t help but cry, Glenn. Believe it or not, I cried of joy.You´ll see when you hold your little one in your arms.Being a parent is challenging but very rewarding,my friend" He said in his husky voice.Eustace looked tough and almost intimidating on the outside but he was really genuine and kind-hearted.





Amanda and Glenn really appreciated all the parenting advice they could gather from their friends and neighbours. After chatting with the Truffles, they kept walking until they arrived at the Blackcurrant Café. It was lunch time and the place was totally crowded.





Luckily, there was a free table outside and Glenn asked Alex Periwinkle if they could take it.


"Of course! I´ll be with you in a minute!" At least, that´s what Alex intended but he was really busy.



When Amanda entered the café, she saw a family she hasn´t met before. The cute baby triplets caught her attention. "There are so many multiples in this village". She thought to herself.





After a while, Alex approached their table and apologized.
"I´m really sorry for keeping you waiting but I´m on my own and the café can get very busy, especially at lunch time. Things were different when my wife was here but now she has to stay at home". 
"Oh! I´m sorry! Is she sick? Amanda asked. 
"No, not at all! She´s fine! It´s just that she has to take care of our babies.You moved here recently so probably you didn´t know we had twins a few months ago." 
Glenn and Amanda congratulated Alex and then they placed their order. Definitely, there was a big baby boom in Sweet Berry Valley.


"Enjoy your meal" They were both very hungry.




Alex was going back to the café when Adrianne Hopkins told him: "Alex, you have visitors! Look who´s coming!".




Alex turned his head and was delighted to see his wife and his baby twins.Once again, the two cute baby girls caught Amanda´s attention and Glenn´s too.



"It´s so good to see you Kate". Alex said before kissing his wife.






"And how are my favourite little girls? Are you happy to see your daddy?" The babies giggled when Alex took them in his arms.

Amanda and Glenn couldn´t take their eyes off the happy family encounter.






Suddenly, Amanda felt the urge to tell Glenn something which has been rattling around in her head all day.

She swallowed hard and said,"Glenn, I have something to tell you.You might think I´m a bit crazy but I´ve got a hunch.I have a feeling we´re going to have twins! Glenn´s eyebrows rose in surprise and his mouth dropped open slightly but he just let his wife keep talking."Look Glenn, my belly is too big for someone who´s only four months pregnant, doctor Murdoch was surprised at the strong heart beat,maybe two little hearts were beating at the same time instead of just one.My great-great- grandmother had twins and I´ve seen so many twins and triplets since we arrived at this village that today I just came to this conclusion and I think I´m 
totally right. What do you think Glenn?Anything to say?" Amanda took a deep breath and waited nervously for Glenn´s answer.



Glenn was too stunned to utter a word but when he thought of the conversation he just had with Eustace and after looking at Alex and his twins, he gave his  wife a big smile and said:" Twins, you say? Then, double the joy,Amanda. Double the joy!"





Amanda felt very relieved to share her hunch with her husband but even happier at his positive reaction. She thought Glenn was going to feel overwhelmed or even frightened at the idea of having two babies at the same time but she was pleasantly surprised.

"That´s the spirit,Glenn!"

"You´re going to be such a good father!". 
"I really hope so! I´ll try my best!" Then,he stood up and kissed her.


Amanda felt the babies kicking inside her belly. It seemed they were also happy.



10 comentarios:

  1. Aw! So cute! What a happy story!

    The Blackcurrant Café is packed! I don't know how you managed to put so much in the space - accessories and characters both. The decor and placement of the "cast" is wonderful. I do love your photos. Those Hunter-Smyths - how on earth did you get them all around that table? I'm guessing they fell over a few times!

    Wonderful family interactions - and Amanda & Glenn kissing at the end was the icing on the cake.

    Thank you for this post, Cutata. It warms my heart.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks a lot for your comment!
      The Blackurrant Café is a popular spot in Sweet Berry Valley and it´s usually packed at lunch time. I´m gald you noticed the table with the Hunter-Smyths. You guessed right! Ha ha! It wasn´t easy to get them all around such a small table but they were a essential part of the story. Seeing the triplets made Amanda confirm her hunch.
      I´m glad you enjoyed the story!
      Have a great rest of the week!

      Eliminar
  2. Ahh so cute! I'm sure Amanda must be right, I had a similar hunch too, haha! ;) There certainly is a baby boom in Sweet Berry Valley, and some very busy parents! But I'm sure both Glen and Amanda will be wonderful parents. I'm very excited to meet their babies!
    I hope you are having a good year! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Kelsie!
    There is a big baby boom in Sweet Berry Valley and in the rest of Sylvania.I think the baby surprise bags have something to do with the increase of the population.
    I´m also sure Amanda and Glenn will be wonderful parents but I´m afraid we´ll have to wait for a while to meet their babies (I´m too busy to take pictures at the moment)
    I´m looking forward to seeing the Hornbulls´ home.
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Cutata!

    Another wonderful part to the story! :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    Could you tell me what the little brick wall you use for your backgrounds is? I love it!

    Ah, the Truffles! I'd love to add them to my collection some day. They're beautiful and full of character. Your Eustace and Victoria are so friendly! I remember your story featuring their unruly twins, so much fun!

    Ah, the Blackcurrant Café, so beautiful with your wallpaper, curtains and decorations! :D Love seeing it so packed with Sylvanians enjoying their delicious food.

    Haha, everyone in Sylvanian seems to have multiples, it's not just in Sweet Berry Valley! No wonder Amanda has that hunch, hehehe.

    It was so heartwarming to see the Periwinkle family together. Such adorable twins! All of your figures look spotless and brand new, and your pictures are so nice and clear!

    I'm so happy that Glenn and Amanda are so excited to welcome their babies into the world. I'm sure they'll be wonderful parents.

    Loved the story, as always! :) Looking forward to your next post, my friend!

    Have a wonderful afternoon!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Ayrell!

    Thanks a lot for your kind words and detailed comment!

    I´m glad you enjoyed the last part of the story. It was so long that I had to divide it in three parts. I intend to post more stories about this family . You´ll have the chance to visit their home in my next post.

    The brick wall is a rectangular piece of paper foam (cartón-pluma). The brick pattern is a piece of paper that I glued to the foam. The only problem with this "wall" is that it´s a bit flimsy to stand on its own. It keeps falling all the time. I usually put some stuff behind, such as stones, to keep it straight. Apart from that, it´s very handy to set up scenes. I use it quite often.

    Have a great weekend!


    ResponderEliminar
  6. What a cutness overload! So many cute babies everywhere! You have done a fantastic job with the cafe! Lovely decorated and the photos are wonderful! I was right about the twins! I am so happy for them! Can't wait to see their house so I am jumping to your next post right away!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako!
      Thanks a million for your kind words!
      Ha ha, yes you were right! There are lots of babies in Sweet Berry Valley and some more on their way! Still some families waiting to be unboxed with triplets included!!

      Eliminar
  7. i love sylvanian families, but sadly they are too expensive.i love yout blog and this is my favorite part of the story EVER (and it was uploaded on my birthday!!!)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi! Thank you very much for your comment!
      Yes, you´re right! Sylvanians are lovely but they are expensive. The good thing is that they are of good quality compared to other toys and the attention to detail make them special.
      It makes happy to know you like my blog .I´m glad you enjoyed reading this story right on your birthday! Hope you had a lovely day!

      Eliminar