lunes, 16 de julio de 2018

Miniature crafting challenge 14:Night time

Dear Readers:

This challenge is about the hours after the sun has gone down: a bed, a lamp , pyjamas or even a pub were some of the given suggestions.

The bedroom I made for challenge 8:"Ultra violet" would have been perfect to fit this challenge but as I was stuck for new ideas I decided to make another bed.

For this bed I followed Kyraja´s tutorial but I made my own headboard.




Any idea what did I use for the headboard?



I know a  bottle of olive oil has nothing to do with beds but its handle makes a perfect headboard. Don´t you think so?

I cut it a little bit ,I painted  it white and glued the fabric to a piece of cardboard.




I also made the duvet, a pillow and some cushions.












My daughter insisted this bed should be for Sadie Fenton. I think she is right. Sadie´s dress colours really match the bedding so she´ll be the lucky owner of this semi-double bed.



I started decorating a room in Cedar Terrace to take pictures of the bed but I didn´t have time to finish it so the pictures were taken on my daughter´s bed.

At first,I thought a semi-double bed was too  big for Sadie but I changed my mind soon.You´ll understand the reason when you read this mini story.

It´s night time and Sadie has just gone to sleep.She is very snug and cozy in her new bed.



She was about to fall asleep when she heard her little sister´s voice:"Sis,I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you, please?"




Poppy jumped into her sister´s new bed. 
Sadie told Poppy her favourite story.
"Once upon a time there was a little girl called Poppy…"


Sadie couldn´t finish telling the story.The two sisters cuddled up together, they fell asleep and had very sweet dreams.




This will be the last challenge I´ll be able to join at least for a while. I had hand surgery  a few days ago so that means no more crafts until my hand is fully recovered. I´ll keep blogging as I have pictures to upload from my camera to write new posts.
I´m lucky the surgery was on the left hand.

Thanks for reading! 

A big hug!

Susan Wheeler´s illustration







12 comentarios:

  1. That is one of the cutest beds I have seen in a very long time, Sadie is a very lucky girl! It was very clever of you to use that handle for a headboard!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Emily! I´m glad you like it. I wish I could make a patchwork quilt as lovely as yours.

      Eliminar
  2. You always have the best crafting ideas! So cute to see the sisters sleeping together in this wonderful bed! Wishing you a quick recovery, take care my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Sylvanako!Since I started making crafts for my Sylvanians I´m always looking for everyday items that can be repurposed for miniatures.Whenever I saw that bottle handle I thought it could be used as a headboard for a one my Sylvanians´ bed.Sadie and Poppy are happy I made this bed for them.
      Thanks for your good wishes for a quick recovery. I´m looking forward to using my both hands again.

      Eliminar
  3. Dear Cutata,


    You are kidding, this headboard is aMAzing!! And I would never have guessed that it's from a bottle handle! :D Sooo creative.

    The bed and photos are adorable and Sadie is a very lucky girl. I love the picture of her and Poppy cuddled up together with their eyes falling closed. :)

    You had hand surgery? Oh my! Take good care of yourself and give your hand some time off. Jemima is sending a "super deluxe" kiss - that means an especially large, affectionate (and wet...) one - for your hand and says she hopes it heals super well! :*

    Hugs and kisses from Riverside,
    Nina and Jemima

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Nina!
    Thank you for your kind words!I´m on the road to recovery. I´m feeling much better at the moment. Tell Jemima I liked her "super deluxe" kiss, she´s adorable!


    A big hug for you and for Jemima!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi there, cutata! So sorry to hear your hand is poorly. How did you manage to hurt it? Hope it isnt bothering you too much. I love the bed design- definately gonna try a similar design with cardboard. Hope you arent away for too long, i love trying yout diy projects! Look after your hand, and yourself,
    Isla xx

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Isla! Thank you for your good wishes. My hand is recovering slowly but surely.
    I´m glad to hear you like my bed. I won´t be able to make miniatures for a while but I´ll keep posting regularly.Have a nice day!


    ResponderEliminar
  7. Wow Cutata! Perfect! I love the little pillows and covers. Recover soon!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I´m glad you like my bed.

      Eliminar
  8. Respuestas
    1. Muchas gracias,Pecas! No conocía tu blog y tu comentario me ha llevado hasta él. He pasado un buen rato leyendo tus historias. Me encantan todas las cositas que has hecho a mano y reciclando materiales.Las familias Sylvanians despiertan nuestra creatividad e imaginación.

      Eliminar