jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2015

My Chocolate Family decorated home

Dear readers,

Today I´m going to show you the first Sylvanian item I bought. Even before having my first family I bought a house, "The Lakeside Lodge".

I wanted a house big enough to acommodate a family but it couldn´t be too big due to lack of space so after doing a bit of research I decided to go for this one.
The only thing I didn´t like about the lodge was that open front but as you´ll see in a while I managed to cover it up and I like it more this way. I feels more like a proper house.
Soon after, I bought some families. The first family I fell in love with was the Chocolate Rabbit Family. I ordered it from a shop in London and it came with a little story book. Very cute, indeed!
 

So, the house was meant to be for them. Wallpapering wasn´t easy and as it was my first attempt there are lots of mistakes so don´t look too close. Then litte by little I furnished it and here it is the final result.


As Christmas is around the corner the Chocolate Family have been putting up some Christmas decorations.

Enjoy the tour around their house!!

 
The Chocolate´s Family House


This is the front door. Teri is about to hang up a Christmas wreath. They´re getting everything ready for the festive season.


What do you think Creme? Do you like it? Mum and Freya want her opinion but she is busy decorating  a little Christmas tree just her size.



Do you see now what I meant about covering  up that open porch? I think the living room is cosier with the front covered. In my opinion, the open front looked like a kind of a garage more than a room.



                                          Full front view of  the exterior of the house.
 


Here come Fraiser and Coco. They went to get some logs for the fireplace. It´s a sunny but very cold day




"Let´s get in!! It´s freezing here", Teri suggests.



"Do you want to come inside too? You´re more than welcome!! Come on in...Feel at home."



As you open the front door you find the kitchen and the stairs that lead to the second floor. The fact that it has a staircase instead of a ladder makes it look more like a real house.





Creme is very fond of the stairs too. She likes running up and down. "Careful, Creme" Teri always warns. "You can´t catch me" she answers. Creme is a very playful baby.






The kitchen is not very big but there´s enough place to fit all the basics. There´s even room for a table.

You can have some  extra space pulling a little drawer which is useful to store few bits and pieces


 From the kitchen you have access to the living room. As you can see it´s all set up for Christmas time.

Full front view


Left hand side view.  Have you spotted all the family pictures?



 Now, let´s have a look at the right hand side.


 The Chocolate´s have received some Christmas cards and the children have already hang up their stockings.


Do you want to have a look at the first floor?  Let´s go upstairs.

Here is the bathroom





 And this is the bedroom. Big enough to fit beds for the whole family.





 Teri´s dressing table


Here is where Freya and Coco do their homework.



What is Freya up to today?



  She is writing a letter to Santa!!!!


And Creme is trying to do the same.



 



 Finally, full view of the four rooms of the house.


Full view of  the first floor







Full view of  the ground floor.



Do you  like our home? You´re always welcome. Bye!! See you soon.


I´m glad I bought this house.It´s quite spacious.
I wish I had more space at home to have houses for most of my families. I really enjoyed decorating this first one.I dream of moving into a big house one day and have a room to set up a little village for my Sylvanians. It´s only a dream but who knows sometimes dreams come true.

Very soon we´ll be visiting The Chocolate´s home again for Christmas!! See you then!

Love













7 comentarios:

  1. Wow, just WOW! I LOVE your decorated house. Every detail is so well planned. It looks perfect and so cozy. And what a fantastic idea to create a wall! What did you use for it? Cardboard? I was always not pleased with that open wall. I should close it too^^.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Kyraja! Thank you so much for your nice comment! I remember you left a message on the page where I introduced all my families wondering how the house will look like inside and here you have.
      You have lovely houses in your blog too!! and you are really good at diy!!!
      You guessed right. I used carboard for the wall. It looks much cosier this way. The open wall maybe just for a kind of summer house.

      Eliminar
  2. INCREDIBLE! It looks so detailed and immaculately designed - I love it! The wall looks great, the little touch with the curtains and the window is so sweet :) I really like the bathroom and the kitchen - the stairs are a nice addition to this house.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Aranera!Thank you very much for you lovely comment!! I´m glad you like my house and the little details.

      Eliminar
  3. Love these pictures!! I want to decorate that house for my daughter and thought about filling that wall too. What did you use to fill it?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much Holly!. I used cardboard, a normal one.It´s quite easy to cover. Your daughter will be delighted with her house.Decorating is good fun too!

      Eliminar
  4. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Lakeside Lodges Carnforth

    ResponderEliminar