viernes, 1 de junio de 2018

Welcome June

Dear Readers,

As we welcome June, half a year is gone and we can truly  set our sights on summer in this part of the globe.

That´s why when I first saw the picture of the SF calendar for the month of June it didn´t make much sense to me as it is usually very warm where I live at this time of the year.

However in Japan, where the SF calendar comes from,June is the heart of the rainy season, so this picture might have something to do with this weather condition.

Surprisingly, this year the temperatures are lower than they usually are in June and we even had some rainy days last week so this picture makes more sense to me now than I thought at the beginning of the year.




I don´t mind rainy days at all. To be honest with you I much prefer autumn and winter to summer. I don´t like very hot weather.

Summer is around the corner and I just hope it doesn´t get extremely hot at least until school is over. Last June , the weather was SO hot that I allowed my first grade students to wear swimsuits and swimming trunks in class.We even used a hose for them to run through.It was a fun and easy way to beat the heat and cool off between lessons.


When I was younger, June and December used to be my favourite months of the year.December meant Christmas and presents and June meant the end of the school year and even more presents.
The reason for presents in June: My birthday!






Even though the number of candles on my birthday cake reminds me I´m a grown woman I really hope to get some Sylvanians on my birthday. 
At first, my family found my weakness for  "toys" as presents very funny. Now, they are used to it. They know they make me happy and that´s what really matters.

Hope you have a happy June, despite the rain,the heat or even the cold weather (I guess it must be getting cold in the Southern Hemisphere.)

A big hug!












4 comentarios:

  1. Hi cutata! Yes hee in britain the warm season is (hopefully!!) just around the corner. We have had some misty and rainy days but hopefully those are behind us. I love that at your school people could go in swimming attire... that would defininafely never be alllwed at my secondary school, even in july when we break up and it gets boiling. I like rainy days sometimes, but we get it so frequently here that sometimes it can be frustrating.
    I hope that your special day will bring you sylvanians aplenty and i dont think you can ever grow out of them- my nan is n her 80’s and she loves mine!! Hugsxx

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Isla! It´s raining today! I meant to take some pictures of my Sylvananians (Saturday is usually my picture taking day) but I´m afraid the pictures won´t come out very well if it´s so dark outside.
    As for wearing swimming attire at school, it´s something very unusual.Actually,that never happened before but last June, it was boiling hot in the classrooms. Only young children (my students were 6-7 years old last year) were allowed. Secondary students at my school won´t ever be allowed to wear swimming clothes, no way!
    Still a few days left for my birthday. We´ll see if this year I get some Sylvanians. I don´t think I´ll ever grow out of Sylvanians. They are adorable!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Dear Cutata,


    Thanks for your explanation of the SF calendar picture. It makes more sense now!!

    I think it's awesome that you allowed your pupils to bring their swimsuits last year, so you could spray them with water and they could cool off. :))
    It has been very sunny here for at least three weeks and particularly hot now this past one. I am enjoying the sunlight and heat much more than during previous summers and I'm filling up with as much of vitamin D as possible for next autumn and winter!

    I do hope your birthday is wonderful and you get some delightful presents and some additions to Sweet Berry Valley as well!


    Hugs and kisses from Jemima and me!
    Nina

    P.S.: Jemima is constantly telling me how much she loves the swing and that it's one of the best presents she has ever received. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dear Nina,
    It´s great to hear from you! Enjoy the warm weather and get plenty of vitamin D. I guess winter must be very cold in Germany. A friend of mine went to Germany last Christmas and she told me she had never been so cold in her life.
    This month of June is being very unusual regarding the weather. Temperatures are at leat 10 degrees lower than they usually are at this time of the year.
    It makes me very happy to hear Jemima likes her swing!
    A big hug!

    ResponderEliminar