domingo, 18 de septiembre de 2016

The Periwinkle Grandparents

Dear Readers,

I don´t know if I´ve already told you that I have a soft spot for Sylvanian grandparents.
I hope to collect them all little by little. The problem is some of them are discontinued and can only be acquired second hand or, if they´re brand new, at a high price.  
I´ve been on the search for the Periwinkle Grandparents shortly after starting collecting. As the Periwinkle Rabbit Family is one of my favourites I wanted to add the grandparents to my collection and I´ve been lucky to do it recently!
So, I´m really happy to introduce you to Mabel and Mack.

 





This is the bio I wrote for them:


Mack is now retired but he used to work as a clockmaker. Now, his eye sight is not as good as it used to be and his hands shake a little bit but he still loves to examine broken watches and clocks to find out what´s wrong with them and try to get them going again. He is always very punctual and you will hear him saying very often “time is money”.

Mabel Periwinkle was the owner of a small sewing shop. She is an expert at knitting and sewing. She would have loved her children had continued running her little business but none of them showed much interest. Actually, her daughter Clarice showed some interest in needles. However, not in sewing needles but in needle syringes instead. The truth is that now Mabel doesn´t complain anymore that her children are not working in her sewing shop. She is delighted to have a nurse in the family and she feels very proud to say his son Alex is the owner of The Blackcurrant Café where she loves to go with Mack to enjoy a lovely cup of coffee and a piece of blackurrant cake.

****************************************************I***************************

I´d love to have more time to dedicate to my Sylvanians but right now work is keeping me away from them. I´m quite busy at the moment. I just took a short break today to show you this new addition to my collection.

They´re a lovely couple, don´t you think so?

Lots of love

4 comentarios:

  1. I have always wanted to own some grandparents, unfortunatly the only ones currently avalibe are the chocolate rabbit sea cruiser grandparents which I do not actually like that much. I hope to purchase some online though. Cute grandparents! I love the periwinkle family as they are not white white like the chocolate rabbits but a lovely shade of cream =) =) =)
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment!At first, I didn´t like the new version of the Chocolate grandparents. I wasn´t mad about that funny moustache! I had the old version but eventually, as it happens with lots of Sylvanians, they grew on me and I bought them too!!They´re still in their box. I don´t have much free time at the moment. As Patricia and Rhys are Fraiser´s parents, the new ones will be Teri´s parents but I haven´t thought about their names yet. You´re right about the nice colour of the Periwinkles. I like them a lot!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Mack and Mabel's bios are very cute! :)

    I am glad that Mabel is proud of her children even though they didn't pursue sewing and that Mack still examines watches as a hobby. By the way, they have a lovely wallpaper in their living room.

    Have a good September!!! :)

    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Nina! Thank you for your comment! The truth is they are a cute couple! Mabel keeps herself busy making clothes for her grandchildren and for herself and Mack is the happiest man when someone asks for his help to fix a broken clock, he´s now retired but his job has always been a hobby for him.

    ResponderEliminar